WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

I think it's kind of weird that while Mike Woods is on vacation this week Nick Gregory is doing Good Day NY and Audrey Puente is doing nights..

That is unusual. Usually Audrey would fill in on GDNY. She's better suited for that show anyway. Maybe Nick requested it...

That is unusual. Usually Audrey would fill in on GDNY. She's better suited for that show anyway. Maybe Nick requested it...

Or maybe Audrey had a conflict with working mornings, as she does have kids. Although she's the main backup for Mike, maybe she had something important to do, and couldn't fill in. But it is kind of weird.

• 2 weeks later...

GDNY has been doing very well in the Demo's recently. Seems to me like advertising GMA and Today needs to be stepped up in NY. https://twitter.com/LewsView/media

I know Lori, Ken, Heather and Bill were shooting a promo with the GMA team a few weeks back. Those commercials with EWN and GMA are always good, I look forward to seeing it and hopefully, it will air a little more often to notch the demo back up to #1 everyday.

I was never one for the national shows.. Idk what it is. I mean yeah if something big happens I'll turn on GMA. But on a normal day I really don't care about what goes on in a tiny little town in Kansas and little 2 year old Johnny attempting to be interviewed. Or a cat holding a family hostage and the 911 tapes being dissected. Greg and Rosanna are excellent together layed back and fun but serious when needed to be. If they were ever national they'd defiantly give at least Today and CBS a good run and probably GMA too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As much as I like Rosanna and Greg and GDNY I honestly can't stand those "party's" they have during the 9:00 hour. The first time they did it it was for the Super Bowl and it was funny. Now they're just dumb. Why did they have to do a birthday party fory Cory Booker? And change the name to Good Day New Jersey? I hope they stop cause they just look desperate now when clearly they can basically just sit there with their eyes closed and they'd still best PIX.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't really watch the news at 10, but tonight I decided to check out WNYW. And I never liked or cared for Dari Alexander. But after watching for, what, 5 minutes, I seriously wanted to walk away and get my news from online articles. Honestly, as much as myself, including others, bash on them, I'd take Tamsen and Scott's conversations anytime before Dari's attitude. Yes, news is supposed to be serious, but not to the point when a newscaster has an attitude reading the stories. They really do not deserve to be #1 at 10pm, and with the right changes, I feel WPIX can surpass them easily. I don't get what WNYW sees in Dari, I really don't.

Well I don't really watch the news at 10, but tonight I decided to check out WNYW. And I never liked or cared for Dari Alexander. But after watching for, what, 5 minutes, I seriously wanted to walk away and get my news from online articles. Honestly, as much as myself, including others, bash on them, I'd take Tamsen and Scott's conversations anytime before Dari's attitude. Yes, news is supposed to be serious, but not to the point when a newscaster has an attitude reading the stories. They really do not deserve to be #1 at 10pm, and with the right changes, I feel WPIX can surpass them easily. I don't get what WNYW sees in Dari, I really don't.

Dari really isn't that bad but it's not really how good WNYW is but how bad WPIX is.

Dari really isn't that bad but it's not really how good WNYW is but how bad WPIX is.

At this point, one of the only flaws I find with the PIX News at 10 is the fact that the station does like 5 weather teases before the 7 day forecast. Otherwise, I find that the PIX news is actually better in terms of content- they focus on New York news and interest stories, while Fox seems to do a lot of national/generic news that the anchors seem not even interested in... And that godawful social media thing that vaguely relates to one of the interest stories... It's just not a comfortable newscast to watch.

I guess Wendy Williams is more important than the 9/11 museum dedication? WNYW was the ONLY station in NYC that didn't cover it (News12 included) it's a shame. They should get there priorities straight.

That's mind blowing.

I guess Wendy Williams is more important than the 9/11 museum dedication? WNYW was the ONLY station in NYC that didn't cover it (News12 included) it's a shame. They should get there priorities straight.

WNYW also does this with storm coverage. They're always the ONLY station that does not start at 4am for snow storms and such, and is always afraid to break into programming for snow storms. Usually, they just provide hourly updates.

But, come on. I mean, Good Day New York does last until 9AM, can't they just continue for an extra hour? I mean really. I have to say WNYW seem to be branching further and further away from "news" these days.

WNYW also does this with storm coverage. They're always the ONLY station that does not start at 4am for snow storms and such, and is always afraid to break into programming for snow storms. Usually, they just provide hourly updates.

But, come on. I mean, Good Day New York does last until 9AM, can't they just continue for an extra hour? I mean really. I have to say WNYW seem to be branching further and further away from "news" these days.

I thought they go on until 10am? And anyway it would've been wise to stay on the air past 10 until the end dedication ceremony.....

I thought they go on until 10am? And anyway it would've been wise to stay on the air past 10 until the end dedication ceremony.....

Oh yeah, I knew that, but I wasn't thinking at the moment. So I guess they just did their regular 9am hour and ended the show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone remember this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa1jldtcb8c) on GDNY from a while ago? Well, now the media is starting to accuse Greg Kelly of being inappropriate. So, that brings up the question, is this just Greg being Greg, or is this sexual harassment toward Anna Gilligan? Thoughts?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/greg-kelly-inappropriate-fox-co-worker-anna-gilligan-bikini-body-article-1.1847569

http://tunedinnyc.com/2014/07/07/wnyws-greg-kelly-fawns-and-flirts-with-reporter-in-bikini/#more-1854