WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

Yeah and keep Jill for entertainment or maybe have an evening traffic reporter?

great idea as an evening traffic reporter. I also reccomend WNBC and WPIX get one, or just have Lauren or Julie do it. Back to WCBS, maybe move Alex to evenings and Jill to mornings for traffic? (without hosting on 'The Couch' of course). Also, I never mentioned how annoying I think John Elliott is. He's one of my least favorite weatherman in the NY market and just can't be taken seriously as a host. And on a side note, Dick and Alice make a great team. Maybe have them do the 6pm and 9pm newscasts. I would maybe move Dana to weekend evenings and have Dick co-anchor with her. And keep Cindy and Andrea to weekend mornings. Also, I would love to see more of both Cindy and Andrea, but I can't find a slot where they would fit well. But, having an evening traffic reporter is a great idea.

Changes IMO definetly need to be made to be made to the anchor teams. Dick and Alice need to be put on Channel 2 and not just WLNY.. Maybe the 6 and 9? Move Dana to weekend evenings possibly? And the mornings need to be fixed. Chris Wragee was better at night.. But is good with Andrea as well as Alice.. John Elliot brings energy to the morning and I think Jill may help ratings a tad.. But let's be real Lori Stokes and Bill Evans are the morning in NY.

I guess Andrea is going back to reporting,

Diane Macedo ‏@dianermacedo 5h

Tomorrow will be my last day at FBN. Off to WCBS to anchor weekend mornings & report on weekdays. So grateful to both Fox and CBS.

Maybe Cindy is being moved to weekend evenings only or Andrea is being moved to weekend evenings solo or with Cindy.

I'm personally hoping for the first, Cindy moving to just evenings.

Just a thought, maybe have Cindy and Andrea anchor in the AM, and have Dick Brennan and Diane anchor at night. But that probably won't happen, since she already tweeted that she'd move to weekend mornings. I feel that WCBS needs a male presence on weekends, instead of just all women. That's why I think Dick would be a good fit, as he only anchors the 9PM on WLNY and does not have an anchoring spot on WCBS.

Just a thought, maybe have Cindy and Andrea anchor in the AM, and have Dick Brennan and Diane anchor at night. But that probably won't happen, since she already tweeted that she'd move to weekend mornings. I feel that WCBS needs a male presence on weekends, instead of just all women. That's why I think Dick would be a good fit, as he only anchors the 9PM on WLNY and does not have an anchoring spot on WCBS.

Dick work weeknights. He is not going back to weekends. He is a runner up for the 6pm spot. He is doing amazing with Alice. He is not moving. And Diane has said she is going to mornings so you don't even need to mention evenings.

Jill Nicolini: BREAKING NEWS! Please join me in welcoming Amy Rosenblum our new Executive Producer of "The Couch" @WLNYTV Yeahh!!

Good, maybe they can finally get their act together and decide on a stable team. I feel like there's a new host every week. BTW, according to Jodi Applegate's twitter page, she was filling in today on WABC-77 radio. Good to see she has found a job, even though it's probably not permanent. If it was the couch's decision to get rid of her, they certainly made the wrong decision, she and Carolina would of been perfect together. If it wasn't, then I feel a little better. I'm sure Jodi has to find a job that works well with her schedule as a mother. I think they should also utilize Carolina Bermudez a little more at WCBS, and maybe make her an entertainment reporter or something. I have to say, she's an excellent host. I find John Elliott annoying, but I'm sure WLNY wants the couch to have some male presence, and who else would they pick besides John? But then again, there's always Chris Wragge, who was former host of the early show, so he did get some exposure on morning, laid back style shows. I'm glad they have Jill just do traffic now, as I don't think she's that good of a host. But I think of this hire as a good thing. We'll have to see if any changes take place in the next couple of days...

It should be noted, that WCBS provides more coverage of us up here in northwest NJ, compared to the other NY stations.

I live on Long Island, and the only news truck I ever see here is CBS 2. And almost every night they have a report near my hometown. I feel like they cover even more than News 12. They definitely provide coverage of events all over the tri-state area, probably more than WABC.

Has WCBS eliminated the 9AM hour of their Saturday morning news? They've had different programs on during this timeslot for two consecutive weeks now. I don't know, but there should really be more than 1 hour of news coverage in the morning. Especially on the dates that their 6PM newscast doesn't run due to sports coverage.

Due to CBS sports coverage at 12pm there was no 9am newscast last weekend and this weekend on Saturday.

What NBC does when there is an NBC Sports event at 12pm is makes The Today Show 1 hour and WNBC uses 8am for local news.

CBS keeps CBS This Morning: Saturday at two hours and moves up the children's programming to 9am.

• 2 weeks later...

Vanessa Murdock just tweeted that she'll be coming back to work in 8 days. I wonder what this means for John Marshall's future at WCBS...

Just to add, according to Diane Maceado's twitter account, it seems like she will be debuting around the same time, which is mid-week next week (since they are both weekday reporters in addition to their weekend duties).

Cindy is still anchoring the evening weekend shifts solo. I wonder if Andrea moves to weekend evenings when Diane starts weekend mornings?

I think its gonna be the opposite if anything. Cindy can hold a newscast solo, I'm not sure Andrea could do that, especially in the evening.

I think its gonna be the opposite if anything. Cindy can hold a newscast solo, I'm not sure Andrea could do that, especially in the evening.

Andrea could, in fact she already has been solo during the evening when Cindy is off. She can hold it together and anchors pretty well, but Cindy does have more experience and is more well known to viewers, so like "behindnynews" said, I think they would put her solo in the evening. And Andrea comes across as more of a morning anchor than an evening anchor to me. But I'm certainly not implying that Andrea's bad, in fact she is one of the better anchors at WCBS. Just give her a few more years and then she might be promoted.

Andrea could, in fact she already has been solo during the evening when Cindy is off. She can hold it together and anchors pretty well, but Cindy does have more experience and is more well known to viewers, so like "behindnynews" said, I think they would put her solo in the evening. And Andrea comes across as more of a morning anchor than an evening anchor to me. But I'm certainly not implying that Andrea's bad, in fact she is one of the better anchors at WCBS. Just give her a few more years and then she might be promoted.

Andrea Grymes is very good. And I think she would do well in a non-Morning timeslot. However, replacing Cindy Hsu would be a huge mistake.

There were probably people who similarly questioned whether Tamsen Fadal transition from Morning and to anchor 10PM, and Fadal has proven herself capable of that role.

However, as has been discussed before, WCBS-TV needs to slow down anchor rotation and build an atmosphere of consistency with the audience. They have operated consistently recently, and they shouldn't change now.

I think the one weak spot for WCBS-TV is weekday mornings. It seems that CBS treats that more as a trial and error timeslot. Perhaps they feel they cannot effectively compete against the existing competition, but I think there is room to build a more robust news broadcast there. I don't think the Chris Wragge-Mary Calvi team is a stong viewer draw.

Andrea Grymes tweeted a photo of herself and Cindy Hsu from a promo shoot this morning: https://mobile.twitter.com/AndreaGrymesTV/media/grid?idx=0&tid=441611386805051392

I'm not sure if this is indicative of anything specifically, but it seems strange to me that they would be taping a promo featuring Cindy and Andrea if one of them is going to soon be replaced by Diane Macedo...

Andrea Grymes tweeted a photo of herself and Cindy Hsu from a promo shoot this morning: https://mobile.twitter.com/AndreaGrymesTV/media/grid?idx=0&tid=441611386805051392

I'm not sure if this is indicative of anything specifically, but it seems strange to me that they would be taping a promo featuring Cindy and Andrea if one of them is going to soon be replaced by Diane Macedo...

I'm glad that you posted this. It is strange. But every team is filming these promos, I saw it on most of the anchors' twitter accounts. I wonder what WCBS has up its sleeves...

I haven't watched in a while, but when did WCBS start having their anchors and reporters standardizing their twitter handles?

I believe it started around December 20-ish, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Recently they changed their handles from "lastnameWCBSWLNY" to "lastnametv" or something like that.