WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

Just asking, do you think his sleeves will be rolled up? I'm not sure on this one.

As of tonight's 5/6pm broadcast, the jacket's off and the sleeves are rolled up. I guess it's officially serious now. :lol:

Don't know if this was already mentioned, but just last night I saw Kristine Johnson do a cameo as a news anchor on the CBS show 'The Crazy Ones'.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/cbs-2s-kristine-johnson-takes-230400444.html

Filmed in LA.

Takes place in Chicago.

Uses New York anchor? :bang:

• 3 weeks later...

WCBS changed their twitter handles. I guess they got the message that "LastnameWCBSWLNY" was too long. It's now "LastNametv". Much shorter. However, if they wanted to change their handles, they should of still identified the station it it. I would of done something like "Gainer2" or "Gainer21055". I know they want to identify both stations, but it's better than "WCBSWLNY".

WCBS changed their twitter handles. I guess they got the message that "LastnameWCBSWLNY" was too long. It's now "LastNametv". Much shorter. However, if they wanted to change their handles, they should of still identified the station it it. I would of done something like "Gainer2" or "Gainer21055". I know they want to identify both stations, but it's better than "WCBSWLNY".

I like that it's shorter but it now has nothing to do with the station. They should have done either GainerCBS or GainerCBS2.

Another *facepalm* to the social media folks at WCBS. There is little point in making their talent put "TV" after their name. "TV" exists outside the realm of WCBS.

I just have a question about the state of the union address. I know it doesn't belong here, but I didn't want to create a new thread over it. Will the coverage be local or national? I'm assuming national, but wasn't sure. (I know WPIX will be local and just maybe WNYW).

ABC News: 9-10:30pm

NBC News: 9-11pm

CBS News: 9-10:30pm

Fox News: 9-10pm then the Fox 5 News from 10-10:30pm (yes, half hour)

WPIX: 9-10pm then the PIX 11 New at 10pm

They've also been promoting a "new and improved Mobile 2, equipped with more high-tech features."

No further explanation but it looks like those high-tech features are mounts for the cameras. (One facing the reporter, the other facing forward.)

According to WLNY's facebook page, Carolina Bermudez will be back on 'The Couch' tomorrow (2/7). Interesting to see what anchors they'll chose to host. I'm personally not a big fan of Jill, she's lost a lot of her beauty since her plastic surgery and is not a good news anchor. I think she's good talent for traffic, though. Personally, I think they were wrong to get rid of Jodi. Yet again, it may of been her choice to leave (if anyone can clarify that, it would be appreciated!)

According to WLNY's facebook page, Carolina Bermudez will be back on 'The Couch' tomorrow (2/7). Interesting to see what anchors they'll chose to host. I'm personally not a big fan of Jill, she's lost a lot of her beauty since her plastic surgery and is not a good news anchor. I think she's good talent for traffic, though. Personally, I think they were wrong to get rid of Jodi. Yet again, it may of been her choice to leave (if anyone can clarify that, it would be appreciated!)

Ummm... I think she was back today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75N3TzPI424

Carolina was back from surgery today.

Honestly, what WCBS should do is this:

Have Chris Wragge, Mary Calvi, and Carolina co-host The Couch.

Have Dana Tyler take over the noon newscast (either in addition to the 6pm or have Dick and Alice pick up the 6pm in addition to the 9pm.)

I agree, Jill is not a fit.

Carolina was back from surgery today.

Honestly, what WCBS should do is this:

Have Chris Wragge, Mary Calvi, and Carolina co-host The Couch.

Have Dana Tyler take over the noon newscast (either in addition to the 6pm or have Dick and Alice pick up the 6pm in addition to the 9pm.)

I agree, Jill is not a fit.

Yeah and keep Jill for entertainment or maybe have an evening traffic reporter?