WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

Here is what I mean about the new open at 6PM. From my phone I recorded the new 6PM open, different from the original one.

Mine:

Before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQbuOFMA3IU

For the next few weeks, I think the newer version is better. They can switch to the night shot in November/at the time change.

• 5 weeks later...

CBS 2 updated the 6:00 open (I think the change happened today) to use three new evening shots of the city now that Daylight Saving Time has ended and the sun sets before 5. This is now the third open for the 6:00 since the new graphics debuted in late September.

The backdrop has also been changed to the evening skyline. The 5:00 still uses the sunset.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, watching the noon show and she's on it. Remember her from the old AccuWeather days. Maybe today she went to WCBS for the morning and noon, and will drive back to Philly for the 5, 6, and 11? I think that's when she is on at KYW.

No she's definitely the morning person at KYW. KYW has three weekday weather people, so maybe one of the others filled in. Btw they have three weekday people bc of WCBS. WCBS had Katie originally and when they got a new person they bumped Katie to Philly.

No she's definitely the morning person at KYW. KYW has three weekday weather people, so maybe one of the others filled in. Btw they have three weekday people bc of WCBS. WCBS had Katie originally and when they got a new person they bumped Katie to Philly.

Actually, it was the other way around. CBS 2 had to find a replacement after Katie went to Philly (because Kathy Orr was cutting her workload).

Is it just my computer or is WCBS the only station in NY that does not stream their newscasts online? I mean, they do have 2 live streams, but it always says "live stream is unavailable" during all of their newscasts. Here are the links to the livestreams.

newyork.cbslocal.com/live-video/‎

•  

newyork.cbslocal.com/live-video-two/‎

•  

Is it just my computer or is WCBS the only station in NY that does not stream their newscasts online? I mean, they do have 2 live streams, but it always says "live stream is unavailable" during all of their newscasts. Here are the links to the livestreams.

newyork.cbslocal.com/live-video/‎

•  

newyork.cbslocal.com/live-video-two/‎

•  

It's consistent with practically all the CBS-owned stations. The live feed is virtually non-existent, except for during breaking news n' stuff.

It's consistent with practically all the CBS-owned stations. The live feed is virtually non-existent, except for during breaking news n' stuff.

WFOR livestreams all of their newscasts on the weekdays the 5 - 7a, the noon, the 5, 6 & 11p shows although the reception is cruddy. I believe they are the only ones who actually does.

According to his twitter account, Lonnie Quinn was called back early from his vacation so he can be back tomorrow night at 11:00. Just asking, do you think his sleeves will be rolled up? I'm not sure on this one. Also I have to give credit to Elise Finch. She's been working around the clock from morning to night covering the snow and cold temps.

• Like 2

According to his twitter account, Lonnie Quinn was called back early from his vacation so he can be back tomorrow night at 11:00. Just asking, do you think his sleeves will be rolled up? I'm not sure on this one. Also I have to give credit to Elise Finch. She's been working around the clock from morning to night covering the snow and cold temps.

Yeah, I don't quite get that. I'd just as rather get it from Elise or even John Marshall over Lonnie.