WCBS - CBS2 News

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me keep it real: Some of y'all upset WCBS's newscasts was handled by KCBS/KPIX for three days? "Woe is me I didn't see Maurice for a few days, I can't go face the world if Mary ain't on, why

It boggles my mind that some of you are sitting here complaining. Who cares if anchors in LA or SF are anchoring the news. You’re getting the news, aren’t you. It seems petty with everything else goin

Lots of "if only's" which won't help the current situation..  I also suspect the issue may be more than studio space since the building itself is closed down.  The question is what are the current opt

Posted Images

Hazel Sanchez left CBS 2 last month after 21 years: https://www.facebook.com/hazelsanchez/posts/10227892059945996?__cft__[0]=AZV1Zbk6QSz0uiBuLapFI7_6T6huWemOqm0OvU3XaMwGQHK5S8_guZlQrg1etCkoOYD91xcgdc6dWhGHfHGSAg7YsyTGvzdVSbh2TRcFcZ06nTMlFFSGQLgVeJjF0d5ssdI&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

She joined in 2000 as a reporter but often filled in as an anchor in the morning those days. In recent months, she began to have more fill-in opportunities again, so I was surprised to see her suddenly disappear.

"I’m especially thankful the next chapter of my life will keep me close by. All I can say for now, is it’s a wonderful opportunity for me and my family.

So it’s not goodbye. It’s see you around. And I’ll see you on tv again very soon."

My first guess was maybe WPIX. The new news director there was at CBS 2 when Hazel joined so they have a long history.

Hazel posted yesterday that an announcement is coming today, and she used hashtags #newsanchor and #ilovenewyork. The Facebook version of her post shows her sharing a meal with a guy whose face is covered up and the caption includes: "We’ve shared the stage and now we’ll share a desk."

I guess we'll find out soon!
3 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Hazel Sanchez left CBS 2 last month after 21 years: https://www.facebook.com/hazelsanchez/posts/10227892059945996?__cft__[0]=AZV1Zbk6QSz0uiBuLapFI7_6T6huWemOqm0OvU3XaMwGQHK5S8_guZlQrg1etCkoOYD91xcgdc6dWhGHfHGSAg7YsyTGvzdVSbh2TRcFcZ06nTMlFFSGQLgVeJjF0d5ssdI&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

She joined in 2000 as a reporter but often filled in as an anchor in the morning those days. In recent months, she began to have more fill-in opportunities again, so I was surprised to see her suddenly disappear.

"I’m especially thankful the next chapter of my life will keep me close by. All I can say for now, is it’s a wonderful opportunity for me and my family.

So it’s not goodbye. It’s see you around. And I’ll see you on tv again very soon."

My first guess was maybe WPIX. The new news director there was at CBS 2 when Hazel joined so they have a long history.

Hazel posted yesterday that an announcement is coming today, and she used hashtags #newsanchor and #ilovenewyork. The Facebook version of her post shows her sharing a meal with a guy whose face is covered up and the caption includes: "We’ve shared the stage and now we’ll share a desk."

I guess we'll find out soon!

We have to see.. ALOT of PIX people are commenting on it.. Maybe she’s the new early morning anchor.. I don’t see any other stations that need an anchor unless she’s going to WNBC as an evening anchor. Guess we’ll see. 

Edited by nynewslover
6 hours ago, nynewslover said:

We have to see.. ALOT of PIX people are commenting on it.. Maybe she’s the new early morning anchor.. I don’t see any other stations that need an anchor unless she’s going to WNBC as an evening anchor. Guess we’ll see. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT5UqSslC1h/?utm_medium=copy_link

It’s official… Hazel Sanchez is the new co-anchor of the PIX11 Morning News with Dan Mannarino from 7-11am weekdays. 

2 minutes ago, bc485 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT5UqSslC1h/?utm_medium=copy_link

It’s official… Hazel Sanchez is the new co-anchor of the PIX11 Morning News with Dan Mannarino from 7-11am weekdays. 

So what happens to Betty? i guess that is to be discussed in the other thread.

Edited by MisterBill
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

think this began on Monday, however the News at 9 is now back to using the WCBS graphics/production style with the WLNY 10/55 bug instead of the CBSN New York look. It's still odd there is no time and temperature and just a black bar under the bug.

The actual newscast is 30 minutes with a repeat from 9:30-10. The open is just the CBS eye, general open.

A newscast that doesn't look like a simulcast of a cheap internet stream- a step in the right direction. I for sure miss the custom WLNY graphics and image news theme (and Alice and Dick); but if given the choice of CBS2 graphics and music vs. CBSN new york, I'd gladly take CBS2. They seem to not use "live" bugs at the top due to the rebroadcast. Reporters say "CBS2News" at the end and the mic flags seems to no longer reflect WLNY. It seems like since COVID they abandoned the idea of rebroadcasting an 8pm broadcast from the CBSN studio with Dick Brennan solo anchoring and just do it live at 9 with Maurice and Kristine. These changes likely reflect Sarah Burke taking over as ND- something tells me they might start to do away with CBSNNY brand and studio; especially since it's probably too tight to fight 2 anchors.

Saw it last night. A step in the right direction for sure. Was glad to see the WLNY bug implemented again. 

Maybe in the future, as COVID eases out, we might see more.

I honestly wish the WCBS/WLNY duopoly was as good as the KCBS/KCAL duopoly.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

A newscast that doesn't look like a simulcast of a cheap internet stream- a step in the right direction. I for sure miss the custom WLNY graphics and image news theme (and Alice and Dick); but if given the choice of CBS2 graphics and music vs. CBSN new york, I'd gladly take CBS2. They seem to not use "live" bugs at the top due to the rebroadcast. Reporters say "CBS2News" at the end and the mic flags seems to no longer reflect WLNY. It seems like since COVID they abandoned the idea of rebroadcasting an 8pm broadcast from the CBSN studio with Dick Brennan solo anchoring and just do it live at 9 with Maurice and Kristine. These changes likely reflect Sarah Burke taking over as ND- something tells me they might start to do away with CBSNNY brand and studio; especially since it's probably too tight to fight 2 anchors.

Actually the "CBSN" brand, both nationally and the local ones are to be rebranded as "CBS News"/ "CBS News (local), which will include a new look for the service. (The national CBSN will move into Studio 57)

Perhaps this may also mean a new studio for the CBSN New York service.

Edited by NYTV