Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Smitha A

WCBS - CBS2 News

7 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

8D36EC0E-7EA2-48B5-ACC3-DE9C1DDDB225.jpeg

Why are the anchors off center? Also, why use those hideous desktop teleprompter operators? If you don't want to bring in your human teleprompter operator yet, at least buy the ones that go under the desk or super small handheld ones (which they do make).

1 hour ago, jbnews said:

Why are the anchors off center? 

Seating them this way allows them to distance while maintaining a video wall behind each anchor. Pretty simple.

1 hour ago, jbnews said:

Also, why use those hideous desktop teleprompter operators? If you don't want to bring in your human teleprompter operator yet, at least buy the ones that go under the desk or super small handheld ones (which they do make).

Under the desk, like a foot pedal? The desktop one is probably easier to operate, and frankly, the handheld ones you suggest are more hideous, if you will. When anchors hold those, it's so obvious, and it looks like they're doing the weather or playing a video game. The model WCBS is using looked like a mousepad to me, at first glance.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Seating them this way allows them to distance while maintaining a video wall behind each anchor. Pretty simple.

Under the desk, like a foot pedal? The desktop one is probably easier to operate, and frankly, the handheld ones you suggest are more hideous, if you will. When anchors hold those, it's so obvious, and it looks like they're doing the weather or playing a video game. The model WCBS is using looked like a mousepad to me, at first glance.

The handheld ones are more hideous, if they are big. KOIN uses super small ones that are hardly noticeable. That's what I was referring to.

You can see them at around 2:56 below...

Edited by jbnews

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2020 at 12:14 PM, jbnews said:

Why are the anchors off center?

On 6/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, 24994J said:

Actually there's no chair in the weather position because there's no base for the chair. There's only room for 3 chairs on a normal day, whoever does weather stands on the black box.

ncs_cbs-new-york-wcbs-studio-46_0002.JPG

Edited by RGSJenkins
Link on original picture wasn't loading.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RGSJenkins said:

Actually there's no chair in the weather position because there's no base for the chair. There's only room for 3 chairs on a normal day, whoever does weather stands.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/wcbs-new-set.jpg

I thought that was the case, but couldn't recall for sure. My O&O's set has 4 chairs all around, so that's my most familiar version. That said, my thought about the video walls stands. The weather stand-up area isn't as versatile as the monitor array.

CBS 2 News at Noon is back today, with Dana Tyler anchoring from the CBSN New York studio and Elise Finch with weather from her home. I missed the beginning so I’m not sure if Dana said she was in for Chris and Mary. 

On 6/24/2020 at 12:11 PM, bc485 said:

CBS 2 News at Noon is back today, with Dana Tyler anchoring from the CBSN New York studio and Elise Finch with weather from her home. I missed the beginning so I’m not sure if Dana said she was in for Chris and Mary. 

Dana anchored again at noon yesterday. She didn't say she was in for Chris and Mary. I know at the end of the 6pm newscast, she said see you tomorrow at noon and at 6pm.

The Saturday morning newscast is Cindy anchoring solo from the CBSN New York studio.

The bottom graphic is frozen.

vlcsnap-2020-06-27-06h05m39s731.png

Morning anchor Mary Calvi has been appointed as new weekend anchor of Inside Edition.

She will still anchor the morning & noon broadcasts on Channel 2. But she will also fill-in for Deborah Norville on the weekday IE broadcasts.

Channel 2 airs IE Weekend Sunday mornings at 4:30am. Maybe they should move it up to 5:30am, leading to the local show at 6am.