Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

WCBS - CBS2 News


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me keep it real: Some of y'all upset WCBS's newscasts was handled by KCBS/KPIX for three days? "Woe is me I didn't see Maurice for a few days, I can't go face the world if Mary ain't on, why

Lots of "if only's" which won't help the current situation..  I also suspect the issue may be more than studio space since the building itself is closed down.  The question is what are the current opt

It boggles my mind that some of you are sitting here complaining. Who cares if anchors in LA or SF are anchoring the news. You’re getting the news, aren’t you. It seems petty with everything else goin

Posted Images

7 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

8D36EC0E-7EA2-48B5-ACC3-DE9C1DDDB225.jpeg

Why are the anchors off center? Also, why use those hideous desktop teleprompter operators? If you don't want to bring in your human teleprompter operator yet, at least buy the ones that go under the desk or super small handheld ones (which they do make).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbnews said:

Why are the anchors off center? 

 

Seating them this way allows them to distance while maintaining a video wall behind each anchor. Pretty simple.

 

1 hour ago, jbnews said:

Also, why use those hideous desktop teleprompter operators? If you don't want to bring in your human teleprompter operator yet, at least buy the ones that go under the desk or super small handheld ones (which they do make).

 

Under the desk, like a foot pedal? The desktop one is probably easier to operate, and frankly, the handheld ones you suggest are more hideous, if you will. When anchors hold those, it's so obvious, and it looks like they're doing the weather or playing a video game. The model WCBS is using looked like a mousepad to me, at first glance.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, 24994J said:

 

Seating them this way allows them to distance while maintaining a video wall behind each anchor. Pretty simple.

 

 

Under the desk, like a foot pedal? The desktop one is probably easier to operate, and frankly, the handheld ones you suggest are more hideous, if you will. When anchors hold those, it's so obvious, and it looks like they're doing the weather or playing a video game. The model WCBS is using looked like a mousepad to me, at first glance.

The handheld ones are more hideous, if they are big. KOIN uses super small ones that are hardly noticeable. That's what I was referring to.

 

You can see them at around 2:56 below...

 

Edited by jbnews
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 12:14 PM, jbnews said:

Why are the anchors off center?

 

On 6/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, 24994J said:

 

Seating them this way allows them to distance while maintaining a video wall behind each anchor. Pretty simple.

Actually there's no chair in the weather position because there's no base for the chair. There's only room for 3 chairs on a normal day, whoever does weather stands on the black box.

ncs_cbs-new-york-wcbs-studio-46_0002.JPG

Edited by RGSJenkins
Link on original picture wasn't loading.
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RGSJenkins said:

Actually there's no chair in the weather position because there's no base for the chair. There's only room for 3 chairs on a normal day, whoever does weather stands.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/wcbs-new-set.jpg

 

I thought that was the case, but couldn't recall for sure. My O&O's set has 4 chairs all around, so that's my most familiar version. That said, my thought about the video walls stands. The weather stand-up area isn't as versatile as the monitor array.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS 2 News at Noon is back today, with Dana Tyler anchoring from the CBSN New York studio and Elise Finch with weather from her home. I missed the beginning so I’m not sure if Dana said she was in for Chris and Mary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 12:11 PM, bc485 said:

CBS 2 News at Noon is back today, with Dana Tyler anchoring from the CBSN New York studio and Elise Finch with weather from her home. I missed the beginning so I’m not sure if Dana said she was in for Chris and Mary. 

Dana anchored again at noon yesterday. She didn't say she was in for Chris and Mary. I know at the end of the 6pm newscast, she said see you tomorrow at noon and at 6pm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning anchor Mary Calvi has been appointed as new weekend anchor of Inside Edition.

 

She will still anchor the morning & noon broadcasts on Channel 2. But she will also fill-in for Deborah Norville on the weekday IE broadcasts.

 

Channel 2 airs IE Weekend Sunday mornings at 4:30am. Maybe they should move it up to 5:30am, leading to the local show at 6am.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2020 at 8:25 PM, RGSJenkins said:

 

Actually there's no chair in the weather position because there's no base for the chair. There's only room for 3 chairs on a normal day, whoever does weather stands on the black box.

ncs_cbs-new-york-wcbs-studio-46_0002.JPG

Best looking set in the market!

 

I like the idea of separate anchors from the morning crew doing the noon news. I've brought this this up before, but it seems like a lot for the anchors to have to be at work from pre 4/4:30am  to post 12:30/1pm (if it exceeds 8-9 hours basically)

Edited by iron_lion
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, brianpr3 said:

 

An amazing accomplishment no matter what the field, but especially in television news, and especially at WCBS, which has historically had a lot of talent turnover. I hope they have a tribute to Dana tonight at 5 or 6.

 

With Dana celebrating her 30th anniversary, Cindy Hsu is celebrating her 27th, also this month.  Truly remarkable, given WCBS’s history. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it highly unusual that CBS2 chooses to have a solo anchor (Cindy) on weekends.  I believe that Andrea Grimes is out on maternity leave, but why not a sub?  I guess it's easy to blame Covid, but if CBS2 can have dual anchors socially distanced on weekdays, they can do it weekend mornings.  I don't compare this to the weekend evening newscasts because they are only 30 minutes long at 6 & 11.  I just feel their news department is very low budget, even lower than channels 5 & 11. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bill from Maspeth said:

I find it highly unusual that CBS2 chooses to have a solo anchor (Cindy) on weekends.  I believe that Andrea Grimes is out on maternity leave, but why not a sub?  I guess it's easy to blame Covid, but if CBS2 can have dual anchors socially distanced on weekdays, they can do it weekend mornings.  I don't compare this to the weekend evening newscasts because they are only 30 minutes long at 6 & 11.  I just feel their news department is very low budget, even lower than channels 5 & 11. 

I agree. This definitely makes the station seem low budget. I also do not like how they’ve been using the secondary CBSN studio for noon and 6 weekdays with Dana Tyler, and for all weekend newscasts. It is unclear whether Dana is permanently at noon, or if Chris and Mary will return at some point. 
 

Andrea Grymes has been back from maternity leave for at least a month, if not more, but seems to only be reporting. It is unclear whether she will return to the anchor desk weekend mornings. Also, Cindy Hsu posted on her Facebook page recently that she will be having knee replacement surgery soon, so it will be interesting to see if Andrea returns to replace Cindy while she’s presumably out on medical leave.  I also wonder if they’ll bring in a co-anchor. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2020 at 2:45 PM, bc485 said:

An amazing accomplishment no matter what the field, but especially in television news, and especially at WCBS, which has historically had a lot of talent turnover. I hope they have a tribute to Dana tonight at 5 or 6.

 

With Dana celebrating her 30th anniversary, Cindy Hsu is celebrating her 27th, also this month.  Truly remarkable, given WCBS’s history. 

Noticed that too. There are a lot of unknown generic feeling faces at WCBS. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, Newsjunker95 said:

WCBS Reporter Nina Kapur passed away from a moped accident

 

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/19/cbs2-reporter-nina-kapur-dies-following-moped-accident/

It’s too bad that this didn’t get more coverage. I know Nina wasn’t the star at WCBS although she was a reporter there who was way to young to pass away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Liugrad2020 said:

It’s too bad that this didn’t get more coverage. I know Nina wasn’t the star at WCBS although she was a reporter there who was way to young to pass away. 

WCBS had extensive coverage on Monday. See a story by Lisa Rozner that aired at 5:00, followed by genuine thoughts by Kristine Johnson and Dick Brennan (in for Maurice) here: https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/20/remembering-nina-kapur/


The same package aired at 6:00 that night, with comments from Dana Tyler thereafter. The video of Dana’s comments appears at the bottom of the story linked above. 
 

Lisa Rozner also reported another story yesterday, this one with more details about Nina’s passing, and facts about Revel: https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/21/revel-scooters-new-york-city-cbs2-nina-kapur-death/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.