WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

People on Twitter noting the reporters mics are not on. There was very loud distortion during the weather forecast.

This appears to be an automation problem hence Chris noting there is no audio person to blame.

[MEDIA=twitter]694292426433888256[/MEDIA]

The 6pm newscast has no graphics besides the bug with time and temp.

I can hear someone who should not have their mic on right now talking over a report.

ParkerVision finally hacked by China?

• 4 weeks later...
Today is Diane Macedo's last day at CBS 2.

[MEDIA=twitter]706417516432793601[/MEDIA]

Sad to see her go. She made Andrea Grymes tolerable. WCBS should use the opening to develop a new male anchor. They have no depth at the position besides Dick Brennan.

I agree they need a male, however no matter who they get I still think WABC does and will still have the best weekend morning team. (Even though Pat and Gus are good too) Does anyone think whoever gets the position will also do weekend nights with Cindy? Ot will she stay solo?

This was brought up elsewhere but does anyone here think maybe Diane is going to WNBC to anchor the 4:00 show?

I wouldn't say yes but it also depends on how long her non compete is if it's longer then 2 months then more then likely she won't be joining WNBC.

I wouldn't say yes but it also depends on how long her non compete is if it's longer then 2 months then more then likely she won't be joining WNBC.

if you look at the replies some one asks her where she is going and she says she "cant say yet"

if you look at the replies some one asks her where she is going and she says she "cant say yet"

True but remember other stations have different policies. Melody Mendez wasn't able to announce where she was headed right away and she's going to Boston. I honestly don't see Diane getting a prime late afternoon gig 5 days a week. Weekends yes weekdays no. If Diane is in fact going to WNBC I see her getting weekend evenings with Natalie Pasquarella getting the 4 pm gig with Stefan.

What was so bad about Andrea Grymes?

I personally really like Andrea Grymes, she's seems like a pleasant woman who I liked waking up to. I guess some think she's just a lightweight reporter, but I see nothing wrong with her. I think Andrea and a new male anchor would make a nice team. Diane will be missed though; at one point Diane was the primary fill-in, whether it be the morning, 5pm or covering for Cindy on weekends.

This was brought up elsewhere but does anyone here think maybe Diane is going to WNBC to anchor the 4:00 show?

I mean, it's possible. She's certainly capable and a good anchor. I just would think maybe WNBC would try and look outside the market for someone, but who knows.

What was so bad about Andrea Grymes?

The below poster sums it up. She's a solid reporter but comes off as an amateur anchor. Diane was the only person who gave that newscast a bit of credibility. WCBS could do much better in that time slot.

This is really disappointing. Diane made Andrea bearable and with Diane gone, I hope they take this as a chance to dump Andrea too. She's a great reporter but she just doesn't come off as natural as an anchor.