WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...

Alice Gainer will be subbing on WLNY at 9 tonight. Her profile at WCBS has shot up in a matter of weeks.

I live in the Hudson Valley so I never really saw her until she went to Ch5 and then 2 but from the looks of her Facebook she was well liked on News12 New Jersey.. She's a good anchor and she's pretty too.. Perfect combo lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to a reply to a viewer on Instagram Alice Gainer is now the permenat anchor of the 9:00 newscast

Alice Gainer and Dick Brennan are featured in a WLNY Promo for the 9pm newscast.

Andrea Grymes has been doing the weekend am news with Cindy.

WCBS wanting to go with a younger audience on weekdays and they likely won't want 5 weeknight anchors. Perhaps they will also have Maurice and Kristine do the 6 pm newscast along with the 5 and 11 pm newscast. Replacing Rob with Chris might have been in the works before his arrest for domestic violence and perhaps being on the verge of losing his job sent him over the edge.

WCBS wanting to go with a younger audience on weekdays and they likely won't want 5 weeknight anchors. Perhaps they will also have Maurice and Kristine do the 6 pm newscast along with the 5 and 11 pm newscast. Replacing Rob with Chris might have been in the works before his arrest for domestic violence and perhaps being on the verge of losing his job sent him over the edge.

I could see them following WBBM and having Maurice and Kristine do all evening broadcasts on WCBS.

I really like Maurice an Kristine but there's something about having only one anchor team in the evenings that I just don't like Idk what it is but whatever. I would like to see Dick Brennan and Alice Gainer do the 6 along with the 9 if Dana got moved

It looks like Chris is officially apart of the morning team and Dana is on her way out. I just wish CBS let Dana "retire" from the public eye instead of doing what WNBC did with Sue. Dana has been apart of NY for 23 years and deserves to bow out gracefully if that what they are doing.

I really like Maurice an Kristine but there's something about having only one anchor team in the evenings that I just don't like Idk what it is but whatever. I would like to see Dick Brennan and Alice Gainer do the 6 along with the 9 if Dana got moved

Oh, I absolutely hate one evening news team but I think that is the way they would move if Dana retires, moves or is not extended.