WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

The only way they will keep her on as a weekday anchor is if they drop Chris and Marie at noon and have Dana solo at noon and 6 they aren't going to keep her just for the 6 pm slot.

Dana has been regulated only to the 6pm newscast many times. The last time she only anchored the 6pm was last year July only this time she is the sole anchor of that newscast which makes a lot of sense. Maybe because of a lighter workload her contract probably was reworked to anchor some Sunday night newscasts in addition to her other duties. Dana is versatile and I believe CBS2 would keep her in some kind of capacity. I would probably be worried if they took her off the 6pm and regulated her only to the WLNY News at 9 which is struggling to make a mark on the ratings chart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would I be wrong to think that the package must be pretty good if the online plugs are the weakest link?

I think we'll be okay.

The only thing I like about the new graphics is the 7-day forecast. It's very nice and clean. Other than that, the whole package seems a bit tabloid-ish, it seems like it would be a better fit for CBS' entertainment show OMG! Insider. From what I've heard last night, the new music is not that great either. The new graphics and music doesn't, in my opinion, reflect an authoritative newscast as the old package did.

Keeping track of the baby boom at WBCS,

Carolina Bermudez & Lisa Kerney are on maternity leave.

Vanessa Murdock & Alex Denis announced they are pregnant.

Must be something in the water at the CBS stations because 3 of the ladies at WFOR the CBS station in Miami are pregnant. Rihannon Ally - Morning Anchor (5 months), Lissette Gonzalez - Morning Meteorologist (3 months) & Natalia Zea - Morning Reporter (6 months)

Must be something in the water at the CBS stations because 3 of the ladies at WFOR the CBS station in Miami are pregnant. Rihannon Ally - Morning Anchor (5 months), Lissette Gonzalez - Morning Meteorologist (3 months) & Natalia Zea - Morning Reporter (6 months)

OOOOOOOOOO!!!!! By Christmas time, two of them will already be on Maternity Leave. The question is going to be, who's going to subsititute them during that time?

OOOOOOOOOO!!!!! By Christmas time, two of them will already be on Maternity Leave. The question is going to be, who's going to subsititute them during that time?

Well actually Rihannon isn't due until January or February of next year, and Lissette is due sometime in the spring. The only one who will be gone by christmas time is Natalia. As for filling in Summer is already there and I'm sure Marybel will fill in for Rihannon until she comes back, and someone else can do Lissettes duties when she leaves to go have her baby.