WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alex Denis is subbing for Kristine all week at 5pm.

Interesting that they did not use Cindy or one of the reporters.

Alex was subbing for Cindy this morning..maybe she's on vacation or something..But Alex is a pretty good anchor..she has alot of potential..I can see them considering her to fill an anchor spot should one come up.

Alex was subbing for Cindy this morning..maybe she's on vacation or something..But Alex is a pretty good anchor..she has alot of potential..I can see them considering her to fill an anchor spot should one come up.

interesting. She seems to be way too caffeinated in the mornings as traffic reporter though. She is a burst of energy in the mornings, but too much of it makes it seem forced.

Former Fox 5 reporter Dick Brennan reported on CBS 2 News This Morning live from the scene of the tornadoes in Oklahoma. I'd guess that he has joined CBS NewsPath (maybe only on a freelance basis)... I guess we'll have to stay tuned to see if he appears again...

interesting. She seems to be way too caffeinated in the mornings as traffic reporter though. She is a burst of energy in the mornings, but too much of it makes it seem forced.

Not a fan at all. That smiled is plastered on. She could smile her way through a 10 car pile up.

Lose the phony enthusiasm Alex and become more credible rather than just a smiling talking head.

Same goes for the new blond twin doing sports in the morning.

Perky and upbeat is one thing; you need it for a morning show but I agree with NYN. Way overdone and forced

Could be an audition for the WLNY morning show

Agreed. I'll bet you see plenty of Alex, Kerny, Overmyer, the new weather girl (Vanessa?) and many of the newbie reporters they've picked up,

over on WLNY. I doubt any of the original TV55 people will be back on except for Richard Rose. Unfortunately, he'll probably have a short shelf life as well.

With Berlamino taking over, I'd even guess some of her favorite WPIX people end up on L.I.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Weird happenings on the CBS2 morning news cut-ins at 7:25, 7:55 and 8:25. They had cold opens. They were coming from the newsroom instead of the set, there were no traffic reports and they were all taped and rerun in their entirety at each half hour. But the strangest thing was at 7:25 when we heard Mary Calvi, but all we saw was the back of an empty chair in the newsroom! Suddenly, those in the newsroom scrambled. A woman grabbed a phone and turned toward the control room, afterwards, a man got up, opened the control room door (I suppose in an effort to find out what was going on). Finally, audio was lost on Mary (or turned off), then back on and then to video of a fire. After the video, there was Mary sitting in the chair! My guess is they were accidentally showing a live feed of the newsroom when they should have been showing the taped update, because as I said for some reason none of the cut-ins were live this morning.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...