WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 5:25 PM, Spintech33 said:

As of now the profile at CBS New York has not been removed.  Unless there's a instagram/twitter post from her or a statement from CBS News  I wouldn't go very far with this.

So obviously I was incorrect in my thinking that Alice was moving to the network. She just posted that it was her ninth anniversary at WCBS.

Edited by MisterBill

• 2 weeks later...

I accidentally came across this in my guide: CBS will be airing golf (Farmers Insurance Open. Golf. Round 3) this Friday at 5, so CBS 2 News at 5 and 6 will be airing on WLNY. I can't immediately recall CBS 2 moving their regularly newscasts to WLNY due to a network preemption. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

image.thumb.png.38e86e5ec12988ce48e30677c48cd6e1.png
Kevin Rincon and Cindy Hsu are anchoring storm coverage. Elise Finch is in studio. John Elliott is reporting from Port Washington, NY.

In addition, it seems WCBS-TV is updating the mic flags as all of their mics didn't have them today.

Loving the CBS 2 logo in the middle of the CBS eye. 

Given the chance that CBS Mornings could always share the same fate as past CBS morning programs, they should probably just keep the name of the local morning show unchanged. 

Edited by iron_lion

5 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

Loving the CBS 2 logo in the middle of the CBS eye. 

Given the chance that CBS Mornings could always share the same fate as past CBS morning programs, they should probably just keep the name of the local morning show unchanged. 

I agree. During 'The Early Show' era; the WCBS show stayed 'this Morning".

They started using those graphics once they began sitting at opposite ends of the desk with omicron. I'm not sure I read too much into it except that they like using the eye and have occasionally trying to match the network look. It does seem inconsistent that it says "CBS 2 Mornings" but consistency has never been their strong point.

• Like 2

Yet another station at 4am. I wonder how the talent feels about having to get up even earlier? 

Moreover if 4am becomes the industry standard, will those national morning newscasts like CBS Morning News or Early Today will still be around in the years to come?

Edited by iron_lion

1 minute ago, 24994J said:

Did it say permanent, or just for weather? I doubt it would be for good, if it's a Friday, and not a Monday.

It’s for the weather I’m sure.. I would say all stations are starting early especially with the the timing of the storm again. Even News12 is starting early tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

Yet another station at 4am. I wonder how the talent feels about having to get up even earlier? 

Moreover if 4am becomes the industry standard, will those national morning newscasts like CBS Morning News or Early Today will still be around in the years to come?

Ice storm Friday morning.  It’s not unusual for stations to start morning newscasts earlier when there is potential for severe weather. It’s not the first time. It’s not the last.  I would not jump to any other conclusions.