WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

Does anyone knows what happened to Maurice DuBois? I think that it’s nearly been a month since I last saw him anchoring any newscasts on the station? Is he on a long vacation or is he getting treated for any medical conditions that he might have? I’m just concerned.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:26 PM, SPerez said:

Does anyone knows what happened to Maurice DuBois? I think that it’s nearly been a month since I last saw him anchoring any newscasts on the station? Is he on a long vacation or is he getting treated for any medical conditions that he might have? I’m just concerned.

Well…..The 5 pm newscast just informed that Maurice had lost his mother about a week ago, on May 2nd. I’m praying for Maurice and his family during these times.

Link to his Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/COwdJfqJaPP/?igshid=w88xlya61z94

• Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what happened with Tara Jakeway? She hasn't been on WCBS for a year (her page at Tara Jakeway – CBS New York (cbslocal.com) shows her last store was Memorial Day 2020). She's on Instagram and posts stuff from her personal life and seems like she was on GMA recently but other than that not working. Her Linkedin page said she was freelance at WCBS.

Edited by MisterBill

• 1 month later...

I gotta give it up to WCBS they had by far the best coverage of the parade today in my opinion. It was nice to have the entire team out on the parade route and with the crowd. After flipping through all the stations, I really say they did it the best and were def #1 for coverage today. 

• Like 2

Breaking The Stigma: CBS2’s Cindy Hsu Shares Her Most Personal Story With Dana Tyler – CBS New York (cbslocal.com)

Did anyone get a chance to see this story? Very powerful stuff. Thank you for sharing your story and bringing awareness to the issue of depression, which no doubt, everyone at some point has experienced themselves to a varying degree. 

Wishing Cindy all the best! 

• Like 2

Watching the news at noon right now and both anchors are at the desk back to “pre-pandemic” sitting. I believe this is the first time the noon news is in the main studio since the pandemic began. That leaves I believe only WABC with anchors social distancing. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 11:08 PM, IceManNYR said:

The weekend newscasts are back in the studio.

Where were they anchoring those from before? I was interviewed by Ali Bauman recently after the first Colbert live show and if I'd thought of it, I would have asked her, since she anchored some of those with the brick wall background.

On 3/3/2021 at 12:54 AM, mooneyhill1 said:

Will traffic updates be back on the weekday morning newscasts?

On 3/3/2021 at 1:33 AM, RealNews18 said:

I’m sure within the next few months things will start going back to normal... 

So, do we still think that they'll be bringing back morning traffic reports?  I never really understood wasting a reporter like Natalie Duddridge or Jenna DeAngelis on traffic or why they would want to do it (but I guess they do not get a choice in the matter). And they are the only local station that does not have a morning traffic reporter.

Meanwhile, Alex Dennis recently moved to a weekday anchor spot in Nashville. She had been working weekends since she moved there after leaving WCBS.

Edited by MisterBill

On 8/9/2021 at 11:09 PM, MisterBill said:

Where were they anchoring those from before? I was interviewed by Ali Bauman recently after the first Colbert live show and if I'd thought of it, I would have asked her, since she anchored some of those with the brick wall background.

The weekend newscast had been using the CBSN New York studio.

Thalia Perez has joined WCBS as a reporter. I think that she was most recently an anchor at News12, but had not been on the air for at least a few months.

Thalia Perez on Twitter: "After a brief hiatus, I’m happy to announce that I’m back in the saddle. Got a story tip? Message me at tperez@cbs.com https://t.co/8icx2OHCKU" / Twitter

23 minutes ago, MisterBill said:

Thalia Perez has joined WCBS as a reporter. I think that she was most recently an anchor at News12, but had not been on the air for at least a few months.

Thalia Perez on Twitter: "After a brief hiatus, I’m happy to announce that I’m back in the saddle. Got a story tip? Message me at tperez@cbs.com https://t.co/8icx2OHCKU" / Twitter

She's from News 12: Bronx/Brooklyn or Westchester..

Alot of News 12 personalities are leaving for WCBS, WNBC and WABC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

She's from News 12: Bronx/Brooklyn or Westchester..

Alot of News 12 personalities are leaving for WCBS, WNBC and WABC.

Based on her Instagram, she was unemployed for several months (not clear if her choice or theirs). So her situation is different from many others who go right from News12 to the networks.

5 minutes ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

So it appears there was a full hour CBS2 News at 7 tonight... I wonder if this is just for today or perhaps a soft launch of a newscast to compete with WNBC? It doesn't seem to be listed on guides.

More than likely just because it was such a busy news day in NY. 

11 hours ago, iron_lion said:

Keep Judge Judy at 4! Then again how long can a daily syndicated  show remain popular in reruns only.

If I'm not mistaken, this upcoming season or the 2022-23 season may be the last of the reruns entirely. So perhaps they could start warming up the replacement show for that time slot.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...