WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

9 hours ago, bc485 said:

WCBS had extensive coverage on Monday. See a story by Lisa Rozner that aired at 5:00, followed by genuine thoughts by Kristine Johnson and Dick Brennan (in for Maurice) here: https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/20/remembering-nina-kapur/

The same package aired at 6:00 that night, with comments from Dana Tyler thereafter. The video of Dana’s comments appears at the bottom of the story linked above. 

Lisa Rozner also reported another story yesterday, this one with more details about Nina’s passing, and facts about Revel: https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/21/revel-scooters-new-york-city-cbs2-nina-kapur-death/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Thanks for sharing this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris is in studio, Mary is anchoring from home.

They are also back to doing that odd thing where Chris anchors one block of the newscast, then after the break Mary anchors the next block of the newscast. 

Curious what happened to have them revert to the anchors working from home?

CDF52ECA-4365-4DFE-97E8-B1CD25379DE8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 7:41 PM, mooneyhill1 said:

I don't think so, they both be anchoring together in the studio for real, in the WCBS-TV studio, not the CBSN New York studio.

Chris and Mary were back together in Studio 46 as of late, but starting on Monday, Mary has been home and Chris is solo in Studio 46 (Elise Finch has been at home since the pandemic started, with her home chromakey).

Chris tweeted that Mary traveled out of state last week and is self-quarantining, per New York State guidelines:

Edited by bc485
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

Valerie Castro is now with NBC News & MSNBC. NYC based correspondent and substitute anchor for early mornings on NBC. 

Nice to see that she was able to secure a position at NBC News and MSNBC.  Valerie left WCBS to join NBC to anchor a program on the now-defunct Quibi mobile service.

As an aside, per the Washington Post, there is a COVID outbreak at the CBS Broadcast Center, which seems to be centered at WCBS-TV.  Of course, most people will remember that there was an outbreak in March, at the beginning of the COVID crisis, at which time KCBS-TV produced WCBS-TV's newscasts for a few days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2020/11/20/cbs-headquarters-reports-15-coronavirus-cases/

Edited by bc485

If the WCBS team needs to leave the CBS HQ for cleaning, etc, once again, what is their plan? Seems like they were caught without a plan B when KCBS had to produce and anchor the news for a few days this spring. Could the WCBS team temporarily move to the CBS Election HQ studio at Times Square? Is that studio still even operating?

3 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

Christine Sloan now with ABC News. NY based correspondent.  No wonder I haven’t seen her for the better part of this year.  

She's been gone from WCBS for three or four years at this point.  From WCBS, she moved to Fios 1, where she hosted Restaurant Hunter until Fios 1 shut down a year ago.

On 11/23/2020 at 9:55 AM, FiveNews said:

If the WCBS team needs to leave the CBS HQ for cleaning, etc, once again, what is their plan? Seems like they were caught without a plan B when KCBS had to produce and anchor the news for a few days this spring. Could the WCBS team temporarily move to the CBS Election HQ studio at Times Square? Is that studio still even operating?

CBS still has the Times Square studio where they held their election coverage from.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, j.wer said:

I don't usually watch their evening news, but I haven't seen Lonnie Quinn in a while

What's going on?

He has been on the CBS Evening News a few times over the past two weeks (I think from the weather barn in his home).  Probably just time off at WCBS for the holidays.  I would not read too much into it.  Kristine and Maurice have been off for two weeks, too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bc485 said:

He has been on the CBS Evening News a few times over the past two weeks (I think from the weather barn in his home).  Probably just time off at WCBS for the holidays.  I would not read too much into it.  Kristine and Maurice have been off for two weeks, too.

I am a big fan of Blue Bloods, so I left Channel 2 on again  after it ended last night just to see and, once again it was John Elliott. 

filling in,  It seems now on most stations the A teams get Friday's off.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, iron_lion said:

Out of curiosity, I've seen it happen several times where Maurice and Christine anchor on a Sunday night. How come?

Tonight I presume it's to promote their 11:00 team since it's after the super bowl?

You answered your own question. Most CBS O&O's do this for the Super Bowl, Grammys, and anything else, because their stations are generally lower-rated and understaffed on the weekend desk, so it's a great opportunity to feature the main anchor team following a large lead-in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Will 2 anchors get anchor closely together on CBS 2 News, when everything gets back to original normal?

Will CBSN New York's newscasts come back in the mornings, weekends?

Will traffic updates be back on the weekday morning newscasts?

37 minutes ago, mooneyhill1 said:

Will 2 anchors get anchor closely together on CBS 2 News, when everything gets back to original normal?

Will CBSN New York's newscasts come back in the mornings, weekends?

Will traffic updates be back on the weekday morning newscasts?

I’m sure within the next few months things will start going back to normal... 

• Like 3

On 2/8/2021 at 5:51 PM, NowBergen said:

There are markets where the main anchor team is Sunday though Thursday.  When I lived in St. Louis, that is how KSDK operated.  Felt odd.

WFLD in Chicago has main team Sunday thru Thursday as more people watch on Sundays compared to Fridays.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the alternation pattern for WCBS between the main set and the CBSN set? So far it seems they use the CBSN studio for noon, 6 p.m., and weekend evenings and nights, and the main set for all of the times. In other words, anytime there's a solo anchor broadcast?

Edited by iron_lion

• 2 weeks later...