WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

WCBS made another change to the morning newscast. John and Alex are no longer shown standing at the area to the right of the news desk for the start of the traffic and weather segments.

At the top of the hour and half hour, Alex is at the chroma key wall and John stands at a podium.

Alex did the other traffic reports from the news desk except for 5:45 and 6:45 when she was standing at the video wall.

1523710884_Video070.thumb.jpeg.6f267005012ba1fb8abd5706e1ec46b5.jpeg

Video 070-1.jpeg

Video 070-2.jpeg

Edited by IceManNYR

• 1 month later...

Inexcusable.

50 minutes ago, Jay Russell said:

I don’t see why they did not make whoever is doing the weather do it they always do that on WBBM when Derrick is off

Derrick Young was off sometime this week and Ed Curran handled traffic.

7 minutes ago, NateinFLA said:

The staffing just doesn’t work out sometimes. The right amount of people were off at the wrong time. It happens.

Sometimes we make mountains out of molehills here, especially when it comes to substitute anchor situations.

I agree for the most part but honestly it’s pretty negligent for a morning news program to just neglect the traffic updates.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

.....honestly it’s pretty negligent for a morning news program to just neglect the traffic updates.

I agree. Really can't be that hard for someone to throw a simple report together and read it. Hate to see how they handle breaking news, etc...

• Like 1

Bingo. I don't want to hear the B.S. that "people can get it on their phones." The moment they adopt that attitude, they're contributing to their own demise. If the weatherperson was off, someone would fill in. If they couldn't get someone to fill in, the anchors would read a basic forecast. In the basic requirements of large market morning news (especially market #1), traffic is almost as important.

• Like 5

Maurice & Kristine anchoring the "Breaking News" on 7th Avenue. Breaking in from coverage on CBSN-New York with Dick Brennan.

4 reporters are on scene. (2) from WCBS-TV (2) from CBS News radio 880.. Studio is down the block on 6th Ave.

Edited by Spintech33
Additional info.

51 minutes ago, IceManNYR said:

Tuesday and today there were no traffic reports again when Alex subbed for Mary.

How is that acceptable to anyone who works at or runs WCBS - a station that promotes TRAFFIC & WEATHER on the 2s? There are tons of resources out there that they can use to put together a traffic report -- Google Maps, Waze, municipal agencies, traffic cams, etc. This is just pure laziness. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wabceyewitness said:

How is that acceptable to anyone who works at or runs WCBS - a station that promotes TRAFFIC & WEATHER on the 2s? There are tons of resources out there that they can use to put together a traffic report -- Google Maps, Waze, municipal agencies, traffic cams, etc. This is just pure laziness. 

Then wth is Jenna there for then? 

Jenna DeAngelis has subbed for Alex but I guess CBS2 would rather have her reporting for the morning newscast.

Thursday they did have Alex, while subbing for Mary, do a few "Commuter Alert" segments after the weather reports but no full traffic reports.

I also don't get why they no longer have a sub for Alex.

Friday Jenna DeAngelis subbed for Alex.

Edited by IceManNYR

Another day where Alex is subbing for Mary and they’re not bothering to do traffic reports.

I find it ironic because this week you have Emily West subbing for Lauren on WNBC and Alex Lee is subbing for Heather on WABC.