WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

2 minutes ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

I'm getting the main CBSN on both links.  I wonder if it's restricted to the NYC DMA?  

Okay,. when you go to cbsnews.com/live, there's some square icons on top of the page. "CBSN", "CBSN New York", "CBS Spors HQ", "ET Live". Click the one that says "CBSN New York". 

That first link  I posted earlier "newyork.cbslocal.com/live" should've been streaming the local CBSN and not the national one.

9 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Okay,. when you go to cbsnews.com/live, there's some square icons on top of the page. "CBSN", "CBSN New York", "CBS Spors HQ", "ET Live". Click the one that says "CBSN New York". 

That first link  I posted earlier "newyork.cbslocal.com/live" should've been streaming the local CBSN and not the national one.

There we go, thanks! 🤙.  Hopefully they'll update the CBSN apps for this, I just checked my iPhone and Xbox One, nothing there yet.

Edited by TriangleTriadMediaNews

35 minutes ago, abc7 Man said:

Any reason not to have this channel as an over the air sub channel?

Because it’s meant to follow the model of CBSN, meaning online-only streaming.

If it were a subchannel, it would just be another NY1/News 12 clone.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bc485 said:

You’re exactly right. CBSN New York launches today at 1:00 p.m.  It appears that Alex Denis will be heavily featured. No word if she leaves morning traffic for this. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrS1-q7nQb6/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=mdz31o1vgav6

Alex said on an Instagram story that she's still doing traffic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chopper4 said:

Watching  CBSN  New York right now.   Not bad at all.     Commercials are a little repetitive.  But it's a good broadcast. (or streamcast, I guess)      Is it supposed to be live 24 hours a day ?     

No, it's live from 7-8am, 1-2pm and 7-8pm, as well as simulcasts of WCBS and WLNY's broadcasts. It will also be alive for special events and breaking news coverage. No word on weekend coverage plans, or if there are any. In CBSN's (original) beginning months there were no weekend broadcasts other than repeats of CBS Network broadcasts.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how many people behind the scenes there are for a show? I don’t see CBS hiring or keeping extra people on the clock for a webcast.  With that said I’m curious if the existing automated control room they use is setup where one person could truly do the entire show? It appears that they are running their own prompter.

11 minutes ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

Are there plans to launch this in other O&O markets?   I would lean towards LA or Chicago starting next if this works out.

When CBS announced this their plan is to expand them into their “major markets” and a KCBS/KCAL one was being developed. That being said KCBS / KCAL already produce a ton of news.  I could see them doing the 7 a.m. broadcast but not the 1 p.m. I’m basing this on the WCBS hours it seems like they want to do shows where there’s not a nearby newscast (save for 7AM which makes sense as an extension for morning people) .  If that’s their plan then a 1PM streaming newscast wouldn’t make sense as KCBS is on from 11 to 11:30 a.m. and KCAL from 12 to 1 p.m.

I am curious as to how they define “major markets” whether it’s their top 10 or top 20.  Let’s just say I don’t see them launching on KOVR, KDKA or WJZ (DMAs 20, 24 and 26, respectively) anytime soon. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

When CBS announced this their plan is to expand them into their “major markets” and a KCBS/KCAL one was being developed. That being said KCBS / KCAL already produce a ton of news.  I could see them doing the 7 a.m. broadcast but not the 1 p.m. I’m basing this on the WCBS hours it seems like they want to do shows where there’s not a nearby newscast (save for 7AM which makes sense as an extension for morning people) .  If that’s their plan then a 1PM streaming newscast wouldn’t make sense as KCBS is on from 11 to 11:30 a.m. and KCAL from 12 to 1 p.m.

I am curious as to how they define “major markets” whether it’s their top 10 or top 20.  Let’s just say I don’t see them launching on KOVR, KDKA or WJZ (DMAs 20, 24 and 26, respectively) anytime soon. 

Question... why has KCBS/KCAL yet to expand to 7-9 a.m. on KCAL? Like seriously. They already do it on weekends, so might as well do it on weekdays as well.

1 hour ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Question... why has KCBS/KCAL yet to expand to 7-9 a.m. on KCAL? Like seriously. They already do it on weekends, so might as well do it on weekdays as well.

I imagine it’s likely because they’ll get hash marks against the morning shows, KTLA and Good Day.  

11 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

There’s a graphic on the top of the CBSN New York feed noting live programming resumes 4:30 AM on Monday and you were watching CBSN.

B6FBDC57-A6E4-4AD3-8148-B1E3C19EDE4F.png

That tells me that CBSN New York is weekdays only (CBSN New York and CBS 2 News' newscasts) with weekends being CBSN National (without CBS 2's news) full-time.

Also, hi Reena Ninan. 😍

Edited by TheRolyPoly