WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

Don Dahler is filling in for Maurice DuBois tonight at 5:00. He used to be the 6:00 co-anchor before moving to CBS News a few years ago to report. Interesting that they have him back to fill in.

Was just going to say this. Nice to see him back on WCBS, even if it's just to fill in and help out.

This can't be right:

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wcbs-hires-las-vegas-anchor/173631

Says she's going to anchor weekend nights yet is Diane Macedo's replacement? So is Cindy being moved off nights? Or is the new girl joining Cindy on nights and weekend mornings remain solo?

I think WCBS needs to hire male anchors! They've got enough females already. Also, I looked FTVLive's article about this as they reported it a month ago, but their report didn't state what newscast she was anchoring.

I think WCBS needs to hire male anchors! They've got enough females already. Also, I looked FTVLive's article about this as they reported it a month ago, but their report didn't state what newscast she was anchoring.

Totally agree why not hire 2 male anchors one for weekend mornings with Andrea the other for weekend nights with Cindy.

• Like 2

Totally agree why not hire 2 male anchors one for weekend mornings with Andrea the other for weekend nights with Cindy.

Even if they promoted within.. Ive said it once before Brian Conybeare had a strong following at News12.. He'd work well with Andrea or Cindy so he could def be a potential candidate but I guess we'll see what actually happens

Wonder if Cindy is moving to mornings with Andrea?

You are right. Cindy posted on her Facebook page last night that she's leaving weekend evenings for weekend mornings (presumably she'll be re-teamed with Andrea Grymes, with whom she anchored weekend mornings before Diane Macedo replaced Cindy in March 2014). I guess this also confirms that Jessica Moore will be anchoring weekend evenings.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about this move. While I prefer Cindy in the morning, this seems like a demotion to me, and she had great chemistry with Elise Finch and Steve Overmyer. On the other hand, the weekend morning newscast is immediately strengthened with Cindy's return.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1195648083800608

• Like 2

You are right. Cindy posted on her Facebook page last night that she's leaving weekend evenings for weekend mornings (presumably she'll be re-teamed with Andrea Grymes, with whom she anchored weekend mornings before Diane Macedo replaced Cindy in March 2014). I guess this also confirms that Jessica Moore will be anchoring weekend evenings.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about this move. While I prefer Cindy in the morning, this seems like a demotion to me, and she had great chemistry with Elise Finch and Steve Overmyer. On the other hand, the weekend morning newscast is immediately strengthened with Cindy's return.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1195648083800608

Yeah, but Cindy's been demoted a lot during her tenure at WCBS. I'm pretty sure she anchored weekday mornings in the late 90s. She's also anchored the noon and 5pm news at WCBS so it's nothing new, I guess she really doesn't mind.

• Like 1

Yeah, but Cindy's been demoted a lot during her tenure at WCBS. I'm pretty sure she anchored weekday mornings in the late 90s. She's also anchored the noon and 5pm news at WCBS so it's nothing new, I guess she really doesn't mind.

WCBS didn't know what to do with Cindy. She's an excellent anchor that just never got her proper props. At this stage in her career she might as well stay. I don't think any other stations see a need for her their but maybe this is best for her. I heard she had some health issues, this might be her choice.

WCBS didn't know what to do with Cindy. She's an excellent anchor that just never got her proper props. At this stage in her career she might as well stay. I don't think any other stations see a need for her their but maybe this is best for her. I heard she had some health issues, this might be her choice.

The proper props?

I'll say what no one else will say. There is nothing better about her or Dana than your average anchor. She or Dana have done nothing to improve the ratings and have been lucky they haven't been canned over the years.

• Like 1

The proper props?

I'll say what no one else will say. There is nothing better about her or Dana than your average anchor. She or Dana have done nothing to improve the ratings and have been lucky they haven't been canned over the years.

Yeah you're right, she's lucky to have a job.

Even if they promoted within.. Ive said it once before Brian Conybeare had a strong following at News12.. He'd work well with Andrea or Cindy so he could def be a potential candidate but I guess we'll see what actually happens

Brian - is that you?

There are PLENTY of other people at CBS more qualified than Conybeare. He was on this past weekend with Grymes and it was pretty unbeareable (misspelling and pun intended)

• Like 1

Waking up at 2 am doesn't help with ANY health issue. I'm in good health and it would be close to unbearable for me to wake up at 2 am on a regular basis.

• Like 1

She has a daughter, I'm sure working evenings took a toll on them (especially weekends) yeah getting up at 2 is hard but now she'll have the whole day with her. Cindy seems very family oriented and this may have been her decision for that reasin

• Like 3

I think Cindy stated on Facebook recently that she prefers working evenings to mornings. It's easier to have a more normal sleep/life schedule that way. But she always just goes with the flow and smiles while doing whatever is asked of her.

There was a brief time years ago (around 2007) when it seemed like they'd let anyone other than Cindy anchor. Seemed like she was on her way out. But then they put her on weekends and she's back to filling in on weekday mornings. You can tell from both on-air and social media comments that the other anchors love having her there.

• Like 5

I think Cindy stated on Facebook recently that she prefers working evenings to mornings. It's easier to have a more normal sleep/life schedule that way. But she always just goes with the flow and smiles while doing whatever is asked of her.

There was a brief time years ago (around 2007) when it seemed like they'd let anyone other than Cindy anchor. Seemed like she was on her way out. But then they put her on weekends and she's back to filling in on weekday mornings. You can tell from both on-air and social media comments that the other anchors love having her there.

Cindy's always come off as being nice. I'm sure she is pleasant to work with and an all around good person.

On the other hand Dana seems to be the complete opposite.

Has he been anchoring at 5 & 11 too? Add this to the fact that Kristine anchors on CBSN too.

Not sure what it was like this week.. But in the past when he anchored CBS Evening News they would have someone fill in at 5.. Then he'd be back for the 11. Wouldn't be shocked if he went over to network by years end.

Kristine is sitting in on The Talk on Monday - and it's not a rerun, so I guess she won't be anchoring Monday afternoon.

Yes all week anchors from the various CBS O&O stations will be guest hosting on the talk.

Kristine Johnson - WCBS

Elizabeth Cook - KPIX

Lisa Hughes - WBZ

Kaley O'kelly - KTVT

Ukee Washington - KYW

• Like 1

Yes all week anchors from the various CBS O&O stations will be guest hosting on the talk.

Kristine Johnson - WCBS

Elizabeth Cook - KPIX

Lisa Hughes - WBZ

Kaley O'kelly - KTVT

Ukee Washington - KYW

No L.A.?

...Chicago?