WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

Many companies allow for leave of absence. Anyone judging Dana without knowing the full story is a fool.

Many companies allow for reasonable leaves of absences. For the millionth time, I'm not judging her! Seems hypocritical of you and some others to accuse me and others of being judgmental and then turning around and being judgmental yourselves with the name calling.

I don't care what you all say. Taking FOUR MONTHS OFF for a break-up is inexcusable. She is not the first or the last person to break-up, divorce, or lose a loved one. This is not a medical emergency or a family emergency. She's entiteled to be upset, no one's disputing that. She may still be rightfully upset two years from now. However, it is not reasonable to take off the next two years. I will repeat that you all on here are probably more upset about the break-up then she is.

There's probably a lot more to it than just "she needed time to get over Phil Collins." Stations lie in press releases about this kind of stuff all the time, the most common example being "wanting to spend more time with family."

• Like 2

Many companies allow for reasonable leaves of absences. For the millionth time, I'm not judging her! Seems hypocritical of you and some others to accuse me and others of being judgmental and then turning around and being judgmental yourselves with the name calling.

I don't care what you all say. Taking FOUR MONTHS OFF for a break-up is inexcusable. She is not the first or the last person to break-up, divorce, or lose a loved one. This is not a medical emergency or a family emergency. She's entiteled to be upset, no one's disputing that. She may still be rightfully upset two years from now. However, it is not reasonable to take off the next two years. I will repeat that you all on here are probably more upset about the break-up then she is.

This is an absolutely silly thing to discuss on this website. I'm going to try and reason with you, but you have a weird temper and start writing in caps and making things bold. Scary stuff...(seriously, you get worked up over shit like this?!)

Full disclosure: I have no idea who this lady is, and if you asked me to pick her picture out of a line up, I would lose.

As others have said, nobody here knows what exactly has transpired for her to take several months off. This could have been medically necessary...NOT because of the break-up, but it could have triggered a medical condition (depression, substance abuse...I don't want to speculate.)

Just...be happy she's coming back.

Stop trying to figure out why or what caused it.

I know people here obsess over things like that but...take a few seconds, and think to yourselves "does this affect my life in any way, shape or form?" It doesn't? Good. Let it go.

• Like 5

This is an absolutely silly thing to discuss on this website. I'm going to try and reason with you, but you have a weird temper and start writing in caps and making things bold. Scary stuff...(seriously, you get worked up over shit like this?!)

Full disclosure: I have no idea who this lady is, and if you asked me to pick her picture out of a line up, I would lose.

As others have said, nobody here knows what exactly has transpired for her to take several months off. This could have been medically necessary...NOT because of the break-up, but it could have triggered a medical condition (depression, substance abuse...I don't want to speculate.)

Just...be happy she's coming back.

Stop trying to figure out why or what caused it.

I know people here obsess over things like that but...take a few seconds, and think to yourselves "does this affect my life in any way, shape or form?" It doesn't? Good. Let it go.

Always good to hear a sound of reason. Letting it go as of this post. Good luck to Dana and I hope all turns out well for her.

• 2 weeks later...

Dana Tyler filled in for Kristine Johnson today at 5:00 (alongside Dick Brennan, who was in for Maurice DuBois). This was a very rare 5:00 anchor appearance for Dana. Usually they'll have Alice Gainer as the main fill in for Kristine at 5:00 (Alice was also working today - she reported at 5:00).

• Like 3

Dana Tyler filled in for Kristine Johnson today at 5:00 (alongside Dick Brennan, who was in for Maurice DuBois). This was a very rare 5:00 anchor appearance for Dana. Usually they'll have Alice Gainer as the main fill in for Kristine at 5:00 (Alice was also working today - she reported at 5:00).

I guess Dana won't get any time off for a while. She does make rare appearances on other newscasts...She solo anchored at 11:00 on New Years Eve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...