WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

Yeah It's been Kristine and Maurice every night. I honestly wish Dick and Alice would fill in. It would be great to get them some exposure to the 6pm time slot, but I guess they're in need of reporters at that time.

I wonder if it's because Kristine & Maurice are the primary weeknight anchors?

• 3 weeks later...

Think it's worth mentioning that Richard Rose is anchoring the news at 9 tonight with Dick Brennan. This is the first time I've seen two men anchor a regular newscast in I don't remember. Also the first time I've seen Richard anchor a broadcast since the station was bought by CBS.

• 3 weeks later...
Noticed WCBS was using a new background at 5pm, not sure about other dayparts. I couldn't tell but it may even be a live background.

They've been using one at noon since the new graphics debuted.. Not sure if it's the same one as at 5 but it's a major improvement from the previous one.. The one at noon is not live but very nice

• 2 weeks later...

According to FTV Live, they've set a date for Dana to return before the end of the May book, but that could change. Either way Dana has always been one of my favorite anchors, so I can't wait until she returns.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/5/11/m-i-a-new-york-anchor-has-return-date

According to FTV Live, they've set a date for Dana to return before the end of the May book, but that could change. Either way Dana has always been one of my favorite anchors, so I can't wait until she returns.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/5/11/m-i-a-new-york-anchor-has-return-date

No disrespect to her, but if I or any of you took that much time off because we were heartbroken and depressed, we no longer would be employed. She should have taken two weeks off, and then further coped with it while returning to work.

• Like 1

No disrespect to her, but if I or any of you took that much time off because we were heartbroken and depressed, we no longer would be employed. She should have taken two weeks off, and then further coped with it while returning to work.

Thank you. I'm sorry things went so poorly at the end of the relationship, but this much time off to cope is ridiculous. If you need three months to get over a break-up, I'd hope she got some professional help. I'd also hope her employer would recognize that B.S. shtick.

• Like 1

I'm sure she's under the care of a medical professional whom has given her a letter/authorization for medical leave. Had she started to miss work without a doctor's order, then she would have been fired for breaching her contract. The fact that she is coming back implies that A.) WCBS is aware/understanding/ok with her extended leave and B.) that she has not done anything to breach her contract with the station. Whether anyone thinks her situation is no big deal, etc., is irrelevant. As long as WCBS, Dana and her team are in agreement about the situation at hand and how to proceed with it, then this issue is between them. She'll be back when it's prudent for everyone involved.

• Like 5

I'm sure she's under the care of a medical professional whom has given her a letter/authorization for medical leave. Had she started to miss work without a doctor's order, then she would have been fired for breaching her contract. The fact that she is coming back implies that A.) WCBS is aware/understanding/ok with her extended leave and B.) that she has not done anything to breach her contract with the station. Whether anyone thinks her situation is no big deal, etc., is irrelevant. As long as WCBS, Dana and her team are in agreement about the situation at hand and how to proceed with it, then this issue is between them. She'll be back when it's prudent for everyone involved.

Thank you. I love all the comments and speculation (about what's clearly a personal situation) that are based on gossip column reports in tabloids that are writing articles with comments from unnamed sources.

• Like 5

Thank you. I love all the comments and speculation (about what's clearly a personal situation) that are based on gossip column reports in tabloids that are writing articles with comments from unnamed sources.

Spot on. And even if the rumors are true, it's no one's business but hers. She's human, she's entitled to have feelings. For anyone to criticize her because of what she's going through, is really low. Love her, hate her, it doesn't matter. She deserves respect and privacy. When she's ready to address this issue, she will.

• Like 4

No one ever said it wasn't a big deal. When you're in the public spotlight, it comes with the territory. While I am not a doctor, if what the papers are saying is true, then I doubt that that situation qualifies for a four month medical leave.

She's a public figure in the public eye. If she doesn't want her personal life in the news then she picked the wrong profession. I'm not saying it's right that the newspapers are printing her personal business, I am just saying that it comes with the territory. Had she come back after a "reasonable" time off, this probably would not have been in the papers.

Spot on. And even if the rumors are true, it's no one's business but hers. She's human, she's entitled to have feelings. For anyone to criticize her because of what she's going through, is really low. Love her, hate her, it doesn't matter. She deserves respect and privacy. When she's ready to address this issue, she will.

You're right, her love life is nobody's business but hers. However, your work life is also your boss's business. She is human and does have feelings. I never said that she shouldn't. She's entitled to be heartbroken and depressed if that is indeed what she's gone through (I probably would have been too). I never criticized her for what she's going through. I simply stated that most people in that situation would have been terminated. I suggested that she should have returned to work after a reasonable amount of time off while continuing to cope with the situation. If everyone took off four months after a personal tragedy (much worse ones than this one), we'd have a lot of issues in many workplaces.

I think I live life longer enough now not to judge people. We dont know what went on behind closed doors. All I know I am happy Dana is returning.

Good for you! Glad you're learning important life lessons from TVNewsTalk.net! I wish some others on here would learn grammer, punctuation, and common sense. For the record, I wasn't judging her. I and anyone else would have probably experienced similar feelings. I was simply stating my assessment of the situation.

I think many of you are more emotional about the situation than she is. You need to get over yourselves. Life throws many curveballs. You can't just crawl into a corner and come out when you feel like it. People need to learn to deal with them because life goes on.

No one ever said it wasn't a big deal. When you're in the public spotlight, it comes with the territory. While I am not a doctor, if what the papers are saying is true, then I doubt that that situation qualifies for a four month medical leave.

She's a public figure in the public eye. If she doesn't want her personal life in the news then she picked the wrong profession. I'm not saying it's right that the newspapers are printing her personal business, I am just saying that it comes with the territory. Had she come back after a "reasonable" time off, this probably would not have been in the papers.

You're right, her love life is nobody's business but hers. However, your work life is also your boss's business. She is human and does have feelings. I never said that she shouldn't. She's entitled to be heartbroken and depressed if that is indeed what she's gone through (I probably would have been too). I never criticized her for what she's going through. I simply stated that most people in that situation would have been terminated. I suggested that she should have returned to work after a reasonable amount of time off while continuing to cope with the situation. If everyone took off four months after a personal tragedy (much worse ones than this one), we'd have a lot of issues in many workplaces.

Good for you! Glad you're learning important life lessons from TVNewsTalk.net! I wish some others on here would learn grammer, punctuation, and common sense. For the record, I wasn't judging her. I and anyone else would have probably experienced similar feelings. I was simply stating my assessment of the situation.

I think many of you are more emotional about the situation than she is. You need to get over yourselves. Life throws many curveballs. You can't just crawl into a corner and come out when you feel like it. People need to learn to deal with them because life goes on.

The bottom line is that she requested time off and WCBS, the people who sign her paycheck and have the only real say in this matter, granted it. Since we don't know the exact circumstances surrounding her situation, it's unfair to try and compare it to what other people may or may not experience with their employer.

• Like 2

So if you're not a doctor, then what qualifies you to determine how long her medical leave should be? While she's in the public spotlight, she's entitled to her privacy.

If she is the source of those leaks to the gossip rags, or had she publicly come out and spoke about her situation, then yeah, she should expect some kind of reaction-- positive or negative. The fact that she and her employer stayed quiet shows that this was a private matter.

Public figure doesn't mean that she has no reasonable expectation of privacy-- she does. She's not an elected official being held accountable by her constituents-- she's a journalist. She only has to answer to herself and to her private employer- no one else.

Her love life is no one's business but hers as long as it does not involve her employer/place of employment and does not impede her from fulfilling her job duties. In this case, it's impeding her from fulfilling her duties, so yes her employer is involved. If her employer has an issue with Dana not fulfilling her duties to their expectations or to the agreed upon contract, then she would have been terminated. As I mentioned earlier, the fact that she is expected to come back implies that her employer has no issues with her leave or that they have/had an agreement as to how to deal with her situation. And what you determine is reasonable time, is subjective. If you can get over a situation quickly, then more power to you. But don't judge her for taking the time off she/her team feels necessary. You're not paying her salary, so don't worry about her employment status or the amount of time she's taken off.

If that's how you deal with your life situations, then that's your prerogative. Not everyone deals with things the same way.

Edit: posted from a tablet, so i'll fix the formatting errors a bit later

• Like 1