WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...

Brian Conybeare anchored the News at 5:00 p.m. (in for Maurice DuBois, who anchored the CBS Evening News) on CBS 2, and the News at 9:00 p.m. (in for Dick Brennan) on WLNY tonight.

Kristine Johnson also anchored CBS This Morning today and last Friday. Moreover, Kristine and Maurice both had stories on CBS Sunday Morning this week. They are both getting pretty major exposure on the national stage lately.

Brian Conybeare anchored the News at 5:00 p.m. (in for Maurice DuBois, who anchored the CBS Evening News) on CBS 2, and the News at 9:00 p.m. (in for Dick Brennan) on WLNY tonight.

Kristine Johnson also anchored CBS This Morning today and last Friday. Moreover, Kristine and Maurice both had stories on CBS Sunday Morning this week. They are both getting pretty major exposure on the national stage lately.

Good for them. As for Conybeare from what i see many of his reports have been recorded. I was happy to see him anchoring. Hope to see him a permanent anchor role in the future

• 2 weeks later...
For the second time this week Chris Wragee is anchoring the 5 with Kristine Johnson.. Not sure if Maurice is off or doing the network but if Maurice were to move to network in the future I could definetly see Chris moving back to evenings

I always thought that when Rob Morrison got canned that they put Wragge on mornings as a temporary bandage but he has stuck. IMHO, I think he's a better fit for mornings than evenings and he works well with Calvi. Personally I'd prefer to put Dick Brennan on evenings over Wragge but I don't see DuBois leaving anytime soon.

The ratings will tank if Chris is brought back to evenings. If that does happen I suppose Cindy Hsu can take his place in the mornings. She should have a weekday spot.

Don't think WCBS would want 2 females anchoring mornings and besides would Cindy even want to anchor mornings again after anchoring mornings for several years?

Wonder for what position. Maybe the CBS Evening News someday.

I don't see Pelley going anywhere soon and he isn't that much older than DuBois is (I believe it's eight years).

Next CBS gig likely to open up would be Charlie Rose's spot on CBS This Morning considering he's in his 70s but he did also sign a "long-term contract" last February.

Chris is on again at 5. Seems there might be something to this. Maybe Maurice will move to the network or 6 pm show. Perhaps Chris has his contract up soon and is threatening to leave if he isn't put back on evenings.

Let's not jump to conclusions. Someone asked Chris why he was doing the 5, and he simply replied that Maurice is under the weather and not feeling well. Either way I don't think Maurice would leave WCBS primetime news in the number 1 market for the network unless he was to take Scott Pelley's gig. And I don't see Scott Pelley stepping down quite yet. And I think Dana's pretty happy with the 6 solo.

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like WCBS is having some technical problems trying to get their 5pm newscast up. It's been about 15 minutes of straight commercials since Judge Judy ended. The anchor's are tweeting saying it is in fact technical problems and to stand by. They just actually fixed it now, so the news is finally up. It started pretty shaky though, with the anchors' mics going through the videos, among several other technical problems.

People on Twitter noting the reporters mics are not on. There was very loud distortion during the weather forecast.

This appears to be an automation problem hence Chris noting there is no audio person to blame.

[MEDIA=twitter]694292426433888256[/MEDIA]

The 6pm newscast has no graphics besides the bug with time and temp.

I can hear someone who should not have their mic on right now talking over a report.