WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

The video isn't up on the FOX website yet but maybe it will be later.. Anyway on the show media buzz they showed a clip of a station somewhere showing a storm doing a report on it.. Then showing Lonnie Quinn using the same EXACT video and script for his report.. They took the original voice out and put his reading it word for word.. It was kinda funny to see since this isn't the first time we've discussed WCBS copying another station.. But this time it was actually someone else's report.

The video probably won't be available on FNC's website unless someone DVR'd it or posts it on YouTube. Already checked and it looked like it didn't make the online cut. This brings the copycat to a new (or low) level. Promotions is one thing, but a news story unless that copy was in the Newspath (Howie said CNN ) rundown then I could understand. They need to learn to do "original" reporting! :p

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw on Twitter that Matt Kozar anchored this morning.. I didn't watch so idk how he did. But I gotta say I really like how WCBS seems to give everyone a chance to anchor.. They don't use the same people all the time. All the reporters (especially the newer ones) get a chance at the desk.

Just saw on Twitter that Matt Kozar anchored this morning.. I didn't watch so idk how he did. But I gotta say I really like how WCBS seems to give everyone a chance to anchor.. They don't use the same people all the time. All the reporters (especially the newer ones) get a chance at the desk.

It's funny too because I was laughed at here for even mentioning I thought he might be a good candidate to anchor. Well, WCBS agrees with me.

It's funny too because I was laughed at here for even mentioning I thought he might be a good candidate to anchor. Well, WCBS agrees with me.

I actually remember you saying that. And I do agree with you, he's not a bad anchor. I almost wish he were permanent to the show instead of Andrea Grymes. I mean, I like Andrea and all...but there's just too many women on CBS 2's weekend morning shows right now.

Tonight's 6pm newscast was odd, Cindy used the side panels of the studio as the backdrop instead of the skyline, the weather center was not in use at all, and they tossed to Steve overmeyer, who was doing sports from another side of the studio, but did not sit with Cindy. I guess they are doing some touch ups on their studio?

I don't normally watch CBS2, but was flipping channels and came across both Kristine and Maurice anchoring the 6 PM. Is it normal that if Dana Tyler is off that they both will fill in? Instead of just one or the other? Was just curious since Dana doesn't have a co-anchor.

I don't normally watch CBS2, but was flipping channels and came across both Kristine and Maurice anchoring the 6 PM. Is it normal that if Dana Tyler is off that they both will fill in? Instead of just one or the other? Was just curious since Dana doesn't have a co-anchor.

Yes, that's how it always works.

Watching right now it seems they've updated their morning backdrop slightly. It looks nice

Last night the backdrop was updated also on the news at 11. It's a brighter nighttime shot of the city. You can actually see the stars in the sky. Nice.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was on vimeo checking out some videos from CBS Creative, and came across some old promos from WCBS. It's amazing how corny they were. Here's a bit of a "throwback Tuesday":

http://vimeo.com/42638235

http://vimeo.com/42651847

Well the Holiday promo's are supposed to be corny. All the stations that do them, make them corny for fun.

So I was on vimeo checking out some videos from CBS Creative, and came across some old promos from WCBS. It's amazing how corny they were. Here's a bit of a "throwback Tuesday":

http://vimeo.com/42638235

http://vimeo.com/42651847

I think the first one was supposed to be their take on ABC 7's promos where they have "real people" interacting with the anchors. However, unlike the ABC 7 promos, CBS 2's "real people" seemed more like bad actors.

• 5 weeks later...

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry for his family and the loss to WCBS. My sincere condolences. Great local NY reporter.

Didn't know he was at Channel 2 for only 30 years, it felt like he was there longer.

Rest in Peace

"Only 30 Years"? That's a long time...

• 2 weeks later...