WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

How is that a promo? Is that supposed to be a promo for Fox 5 or something? Ridiculous.

"I told my daughter I didn't want her going out with that loser Bob from down the street, and she did anyways! I bet if we tell them not to watch, they'll watch!! That's how the kids work, you know!!"

Has anybody watched this video? I know someone brought it up a while ago, but skip to about 47:00 and listen for a while, you can tell Scott gets pissed at the control room crew. There is absolutely horrible communication between the anchors and the control room. That explains for all of the technical glitches and the anchors getting confused all of the time.

Has anybody watched this video? I know someone brought it up a while ago, but skip to about 47:00 and listen for a while, you can tell Scott gets pissed at the control room crew. There is absolutely horrible communication between the anchors and the control room. That explains for all of the technical glitches and the anchors getting confused all of the time.

He wasn't getting pissed. He was trying to ask the control room if there was going to be time for him to banter with Tamsen or if he should go right to the next story while the control room folks were in the middle of doing a hundred things to keep the show running. Sometimes anchors need to ask more than one time before someone in the control room (especially one like at PIX which probably isn't heavy on staff) hears them or is not in the middle of doing something. It happens often and isn't unique to PIX.

He wasn't getting pissed. He was trying to ask the control room if there was going to be time for him to banter with Tamsen or if he should go right to the next story while the control room folks were in the middle of doing a hundred things to keep the show running. Sometimes anchors need to ask more than one time before someone in the control room (especially one like at PIX which probably isn't heavy on staff) hears them or is not in the middle of doing something. It happens often and isn't unique to PIX.

No it actually seemed like he was by himself and she was on assignment out in the field. I believe the last time that happened was at the Motel fire down in point pleasant. That's just the way it seemed. Either way he wasn't annoyed I don't think. Just trying to get his answer

No it actually seemed like he was by himself and she was on assignment out in the field. I believe the last time that happened was at the Motel fire down in point pleasant. That's just the way it seemed. Either way he wasn't annoyed I don't think. Just trying to get his answer

Right. I didn't say anything to suggest otherwise. He wanted to know if he could ask Tamsen a question/have some conversation with her or if he should go right to the next story after she tossed it back from Point Pleasant to him in the studio.

Former WTIC meteorologist Rachel Frank will do weather from 4-6am and then handle traffic duties on weekdays for the PIX Morning News. This is according to Tuned In's Jerry Barmash. I don't know her, but it seems like a good hire.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/meteorologist-rachel-frank-to-join-wpix_b121308

According to this link it says she will report on environmental issues for the stations. Doesn't mention anything about handling traffic duties.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/meteorologist-rachel-frank-to-join-wpix_b121308

According to this link it says she will report on environmental issues for the stations. Doesn't mention anything about handling traffic duties.

Jerry Barmash mentioned this earlier that she will do traffic, but just corrected himself about an hour ago and said that a new traffic reporter will be hired shortly, and she will only do weather from 4-6am.

was she even on this week??? no?? it would be odd for her to start on Friday or Thursday?

I have no clue didn't watch. Also Irika Sargent who joined WFOR as co-anchor of the 5 & 11pm newscasts made her on air debut yesterday so not anymore odd then say Daniella Guzman who left WMAQ last Wednesday and yes I do find it odd when an anchor starts/leaves mid-week. Why not just start on a Monday for those that are new, and leave on a Friday for those who are leaving.

In other news, the Arsenio Hall show has been cancelled after 1 season. I'm happy, this likely means more Seinfeld reruns! If I want to tune in to a late night show, I'd take Letterman, Fallon, and Craig Ferguson, not Arsenio. I wonder if this will affect WPIX's ratings.

In other news, the Arsenio Hall show has been cancelled after 1 season. I'm happy, this likely means more Seinfeld reruns! If I want to tune in to a late night show, I'd take Letterman, Fallon, and Craig Ferguson, not Arsenio. I wonder if this will affect WPIX's ratings.

Umm, didn't Leno announce a second season renewal a few months ago?

EDIT: Stay classy, CBS.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/353274

20 bucks says the 'WGN News at 10' is in discussions for Chicago.

Overview:

Executive Producer

PIX11 has an opening for an Executive Producer to lead the station's early evening and 10p news time blocks and work directly with the VP/News Director and Sr. Executive Producer in creating and implementing strategies to improve the news product and dramatically increase ratings.

Responsibilities:

Responsibilities

• Recruits and mentors a vibrant team of reporters, producers, writers and assignment editors
  • Works closely with the news management in implementing key strategic goals
  • Has impeccable journalism and media production skills, with sensitivity to legal, cultural and workplace protocols
  • Oversees format implementation and producing tactics with focus on creating a journalistically-sound and entertaining package of live moments, storytelling, pace, flow, and graphic enhancement
  • Add pop and pizzazz to Reporters' scripts

Qualifications:

Qualifications

• College degree with a minimum of 5-years experience in a major market news environment desired. Additionally, cable news experience is preferred.
  • Familiarity with ENG (Electronic News Gathering) and SNG (Satellite News Gathering) operations required
  • Profound familiarity with social media and how to utilize on all platforms required
  • Excellent leader and motivator desired
  • Strong organizational skills desired
  • Strong communicational skills, both oral and written required
  • Must be able to manage a large staff under extreme pressure
  • Able to perform, lead and adjust under pressure
  • Good communication skills, both verbal and written required
  • Individual must be willing to participate in projects sponsored by the station to enhance its image or help the community
  • Must be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees

•  
    Tamsen must have taken a half day, as Scott is solo tonight during the 10pm. I have to say, he's not bad by himself. He does a much better job than Tamsen does when she's by herself.

hope this will work and yes I like Scott by himself rather than with tamsen i also think kaity tong Scott team would work great

Overview:

Executive Producer

PIX11 has an opening for an Executive Producer to lead the station's early evening and 10p news time blocks and work directly with the VP/News Director and Sr. Executive Producer in creating and implementing strategies to improve the news product and dramatically increase ratings.

Responsibilities:

Responsibilities

• Recruits and mentors a vibrant team of reporters, producers, writers and assignment editors
  • Works closely with the news management in implementing key strategic goals
  • Has impeccable journalism and media production skills, with sensitivity to legal, cultural and workplace protocols
  • Oversees format implementation and producing tactics with focus on creating a journalistically-sound and entertaining package of live moments, storytelling, pace, flow, and graphic enhancement
  • Add pop and pizzazz to Reporters' scripts

Qualifications:

Qualifications

• College degree with a minimum of 5-years experience in a major market news environment desired. Additionally, cable news experience is preferred.
  • Familiarity with ENG (Electronic News Gathering) and SNG (Satellite News Gathering) operations required
  • Profound familiarity with social media and how to utilize on all platforms required
  • Excellent leader and motivator desired
  • Strong organizational skills desired
  • Strong communicational skills, both oral and written required
  • Must be able to manage a large staff under extreme pressure
  • Able to perform, lead and adjust under pressure
  • Good communication skills, both verbal and written required
  • Individual must be willing to participate in projects sponsored by the station to enhance its image or help the community
  • Must be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees

•  
    hope this will work and yes I like Scott by himself rather than with tamsen i also think kaity tong Scott team would work great

I hope they start branching away from solo anchoring when one member of a team is off (especially during the evening.) I remember pre-2010, when Kaity was off, even reporters like Monica Morales would fill in. Also I believe Jackie Hyland or Mary Murphy would also occasionally sit in. I've also seen Allison Kaden anchor before, and she's not bad. Even Jay Dow could sit in with Tamsen if Scott is off.

"Add pop and pizzazz to Reporters' scripts"

What a joke. And we thought they were heading back in the right direction. :rofl!:

PIX better make up its mind sooner or later. Like "BehindNYNews" said in an earlier post somewhere, they have to decide if they're Pix11 News or Pix11 Entertainment. They can't be both. How about airing hard news at 5pm and an entertainment show from PIX at 6pm? Or even at 7pm to compete with "Entertainment Tonight" and "Extra". This way they can sort out the stories they want to air.