WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

39 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Does anyone know what time he first appears on the morning news? 

Not sure. I was more wondering if he’s got the “feature” part down too well not to come across as “newsy” enough, but otherwise think he’d be a great addition. 

So today Hazel did all of Tamsen's slots (4/5/6/6:30), and Arrianee, Kori, and Shirley all did their usual slots. I'm sure next few weeks may be random try outs before a decision is made. 

Ben Aaron is a thought for the 4pm but I do worry he would lack serious news experience in events of breaking news . Marysol Castro may be a better pick if they wanted to go that direction or keep it an all women show... 

16 minutes ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

So today Hazel did all of Tamsen's slots (4/5/6/6:30), and Arrianee, Kori, and Shirley all did their usual slots. I'm sure next few weeks may be random try outs before a decision is made. 

Ben Aaron is a thought for the 4pm but I do worry he would lack serious news experience in events of breaking news . Marysol Castro may be a better pick if they wanted to go that direction or keep it an all women show... 

I would certainly think Shirley would be in the mix for some of the shows.

1 hour ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

I always liked when Marysol & Dan anchored the early morning news back in the day. They had good chemistry together. 

7 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

Call me crazy but how about 

4 and 6/6:30 Ken Rosato and Airanee 

5 and 10 Kori and Shirley 

⬆️This is the simplest format.

On the other hand, I dont want to sound like a hater but, Kori is not all that to be on weekday evenings. 

With existing staff:

4:30-7am Craig & Vanessa

7-10am Dan & Hazel

10-11am Marysol & Alex

4/6/6:30 ??  Insert your choice

5&10pm John Muller & Shirley Chan

With Ken as suggested:

4:30a Craig & Vanessa

7a Dan & Marysol

10a Ben & Alex

4/6/6:30p Ken and Hazel

5/10p John & Shirley

Edited by MediaZone4K

The simplest thing to do would be have Arrianee add 5pm, Shirley add 6pm hour and leave Kori's hours as is (or switch Arrianee to 6pm and Shirley to 5pm) so each anchor adds an hour. I'd say then add Kori to 4pm but I don't think he should be on every newscast like Tamsen was for a while. Adding Shirley to 4pm would probably be better if she wanted more hours.

Then Ken Rosato thought experiment is interesting but pure speculation for now! Would be cool if he did wind up on PIX though.

I do feel like John was demoted in favor of Kori for diversity purposes and that may be it. I'd say they're both equally good anchors; although I suppose Kori technically has seniority since he joined in 2013 and John joined (again) in 2014 if that is the metric.

If there is no hiring, it seems that PIX has defined its night schedule with:
4pm – Arrianee and Shirley
5pm – Arrianee and Kori
6pm/6:30/10pm - Kori and Shirley.

Shirley changes 5pm to 4pm and Arrianee starts doing 4pm and 5pm.

Edited by TheNewsTV
error

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tonight the evening team was John Muller and Katie Corrado -surprised they used 2 anchors given the holiday, but Katie is great as anchor. Byron Miranda seems to be in the running with John Elliott, doing the weather for all the broadcasts the last few days (but I think all the weather hits were pre-recorded).

6 hours ago, wabceyewitness said:

For the ones scheduled to work, it might be nice for them to have the ability to work from home in a separate room and then be with family in between shows and/or not have to worry about commuting to and from work. 

That era is over. Yes, many office types do get some flexibility, but anchoring from home? It was a concession to COVID and it’s not coming back save for a similar circumstance. 

WPIX reporter Mary Murphy has announced her retirement from broadcasting after a 40-year career.

Murphy began her career at WPIX in 1983, spending four years there. After a seven-year stint at WCBS, she returned to PIX11 in 1993, where she has remained since (spending 14 years of that tenure as weekend co-anchor, before moving back to an assignment reporting role in 2009).

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Like 3

On 1/2/2024 at 5:26 PM, NYNewsCoverage said:

WPHL meteorologist Monica Cryan did the weather on PIX this morning (I believe remotely). I also realized that WPHL has nearly identical graphics to WPIX.

Because the WPHL graphics are the PIX-11 graphics.

They seem to be short a couple of meteorologists. Stacey-Ann Gooden's sister passed away so she's been out, and Star Harvey seems to be MIA (posting occasionally on IG, night be out in LA). Byron Miranda is working weekends, and Chris Cimino has had to go back to the early morning.

Edited by MisterBill