WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

5 hours ago, PIXfan said:

Morning News anchor Dan Mannarino is taking an extended vacation, and will return towards the end of the summer.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2022/6/26/going-m-i-a-in-n-y-c

I wonder who will host "PIX on Politics" while he is away.

I believe he said Ayanna Harry would host it. I think she also filled in for Kirstin last Sunday.

Jennifer Bisram posted a farewell to PIX11 on IG and said that she's taking the summer off but will be back elsewhere.

Related to Candace McCowan leaving WABC and their needing a replacement? Of course, there have apparently been a bunch of News12 folks who quit recently and would be candidates to replace both.

Edited by MisterBill

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 9:01 PM, dabx said:

The trouble with 11 is that all of their newscast have the same “light and fluffy, morning type newscast. In the evening, one anchor starts the and the other one finished it  - and the worst evening news commercial is when they say how much like each other - laity an Jim didn’t do that. Stop the damn smiling and report important news with serious and authoritarian way of speaking

Plus why do they insist on having Kory and Tamsen --who aren't that strong of a pairing--anchor all of their newscasts. 

• 5 weeks later...