Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

WPIX - PIX11 News


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, NYNews said:

 

Why are you taking the cameraman's side and calling her pathetic? He claims the allegations to be false, but as the article suggests, it wasn't just Narmeen reporting his inappropriate behavior, it was multiple staffers.

I'm not taking anyone's side. Sorry if it seems that way 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're right. History will show WPIX was so much better under Tribune. PIX never looked better than when they were broadcasting their 10PM from this messy corner of the newsroom.  😍🏆💯  

Why are you taking the cameraman's side and calling her pathetic? He claims the allegations to be false, but as the article suggests, it wasn't just Narmeen reporting his inappropriate behavior, it wa

I don’t know why there seems to be surprise or mystery surrounding this “ownership change”. This was the plan from the beginning of the Tribune sale, and it was no secret. Because of the number of sta

Posted Images

Saw something last week that a reporter from News 12 Bronx was joining WPIX. Forgot the name. It seems that Narmeen Choudry replacement was planned way before the announcement.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2021 at 2:48 PM, dabx said:

Saw something last week that a reporter from News 12 Bronx was joining WPIX. Forgot the name. It seems that Narmeen Choudry replacement was planned way before the announcement.

 

They probably always have someone they're looking at as a replacement if a spot opens up, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey WPIX - that Mr G piece with the campers was filmed pre-pandemic and was shown then - you are not fooling as being something current - you can’t fool us

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Comcast wants the FCC to issue a ruling that Nexstar should be attributed ownership of WPIX New York , which would make it in violation of the commission's 39% cap on broadcast national audience reach. The cable operator claims Nexstar’s divestiture of the station to meet FCC requirements in its acquisition of Tribune was a “sham.””

 

https://www.cablefax.com/programming/new-feud-comcast-says-nexstar-violates-audience-cap-tribune-order
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, noggi said:

Comcast wants the FCC to issue a ruling that Nexstar should be attributed ownership of WPIX New York , which would make it in violation of the commission's 39% cap on broadcast national audience reach. The cable operator claims Nexstar’s divestiture of the station to meet FCC requirements in its acquisition of Tribune was a “sham.””

 

https://www.cablefax.com/programming/new-feud-comcast-says-nexstar-violates-audience-cap-tribune-order
 

 

Yes! Please call a spade a spade. This LMA operation sidecar bullsh*t must end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is the link to the Comcast petition, which I found in this article on TVTechnology:

 

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/10702278919219/2021.07.01 AS-FILED PUBLIC WPIX Petition for Declaratory Ruling.pdf

 

The TVTechnology article is at:  https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/comcast-tells-fcc-that-nextstar-is-violating-ownership-cap

Edited by PIXfan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been a total sham.  There is no mention that the station is owned by "Mission" broadcasting anywhere on their broadcasts or website - except in the about us section.  Everything is Nexstar.  The President/GM is a Nexstar employee.  If it wasn't to stay under the caps, Mission Broadcasting would not even exist.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! I can't believe I am agreeing with Comcast. What I hope happens, if Comcast wins, companies such as Nexstar, Sinclair, and Scripps have to let go of their secondary "partners". (Mission, Cunningham, and Inyo)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 7:53 PM, Requiere said:

Wow! I can't believe I am agreeing with Comcast. What I hope happens, if Comcast wins, companies such as Nexstar, Sinclair, and Scripps have to let go of their secondary "partners". (Mission, Cunningham, and Inyo)

Mission is mentioned (along with Nexstar) on paid advertising blocks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else see that Sukanya Krishnan and Scott Stanford are hosting a 9/11 special type thing.. seemed like it was a law firm infomercial on WLNY.. guess their podcast is getting them other air time? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.