Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Smitha A

WPIX - PIX11 News

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

WPIX is expanding its morning broadcasts again. They're adding a 9am hour beginning January 6th.

They're also adding Ben Aaron (from Pickler & Ben) & Marysol Castro as feature reporters.

Wow! Great pickups.

I loved watching Marysol anchor the 4am portion with Dan Mannarino back in 2013, so I'm excited to see them (former returning as reporter, latter now main co-anchor) together again. Also, Ben was a great talk show host so he's a huge get. Cheers to the news department. 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:49 AM, CircleSeven said:

WPIX is expanding its morning broadcasts again. They're adding a 9am hour beginning January 6th.

They're also adding Ben Aaron (from Pickler & Ben) & Marysol Castro as feature reporters.

This will be the third time for Marysol on this show, as she was the traffic anchor in the early 2000s. Then in the Fall of 2013, she was the early morning anchor, until the station cut that 4am hour that following summer.

I just saw the promos for this yesterday.. Good pickups for WPIX. 

Hopefully 3x a charm for Marysol. She's a excellent anchor/reporter and I hope this time PIX uses her in a good capacity.

Don't know too much about Ben Aaron,  but what everyone here is saying he's a good pick up. I see good ratings for PIX.

1 hour ago, RealNews18 said:

Craig Allen is filling in tonight on News 12 Hudson Valley.. not sure if he was picked up by Altice but pretty cool if that’s the case

Its assumed he's just covering. 

PIX just hired a new Sports Anchor named Justin Walters from the "now-defuncted" FiOS 1. It's assumed that he's most likely Scott Stanford's successor during tge week since Andy Adler is most likely on the weekends 

Screenshot_20191224-181641_Chrome Beta.jpg

Edited by Newsjunker95

17 hours ago, Newsjunker95 said:

Its assumed he's just covering. 

PIX just hired a new Sports Anchor named Justin Walters from the "now-defuncted" FiOS 1. It's assumed that he's most likely Scott Stanford's successor during tge week since Andy Adler is most likely on the weekends 

Screenshot_20191224-181641_Chrome Beta.jpg

He was just covering and he said that. But he’s no longer with PIX so he may very well freelance across News12