WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Ha, omg dude. Magee the perpetual freelancer of every station in NYC and Mary Murphy???? Wow, get your head outside the newsroom and look around. You must be a press club whore to come up with those names as "legends". Ya, in close news circles in NYC - Marcia is a legendary pain in the ass. No random persons on the street (of NYC mind you) would have a clue as to who any of those people are outside of maybe Dana.

you are right Marcia is a legendary Pain, kids might Know Dana because she dated the Tarzan Singer (Phil Collins), and no i am not a press club whore i know the market and have had the privilege of meeting of some of the people in the market and while i am here why are you so snippy?

you are right Marcia is a legendary Pain, kids might Know Dana because she dated the Tarzan Singer (Phil Collins), and no i am not a press club whore i know the market and have had the privilege of meeting of some of the people in the market and while i am here why are you so snippy?
not sure that constitutes snippy

her bio is still on there, maybe she is on leave?

Maybe she was eaten by goats.

Goats eat a hell of a lot of people each year and you all don't realize it. Half of all the "Alien Abductions" are really just goats eating folks.

Goats will eat anything.

Oh well...

Until people wise up and start actually monitoring the goats (like they do to me) then you will never really believe just how nasty mean and evil goats can be.

For how long has WPIX been doing a replay of the News at Ten at 1am?

I think for a long time now. Interesting though is NOW that the station is up for sale - all the on-air talent are all about self-promotion on Their Social Media such as re-tweeting numerous favorable comments from viewers over and over again - as if it going to save their jobs. Pretty obvious. Pretty Sad

Sukanya Krishnan announces she's leaving PIX11 on her Twitter today. End of the month, not sure - but sounds like Scott Stanford may be out too. she said "WE" have till the end of the month - which infers BOTH of them.

Sukanya Krishnan announces she's leaving PIX11 on her Twitter today. End of the month, not sure - but sounds like Scott Stanford may be out too. she said "WE" have till the end of the month - which infers BOTH of them.

She probably means "we" as in viewers/followers as well as herself.

Since it looks like sinclar is buying this station will all the senior people leave or be massacred out ?

Based on what has happened in other markets where Sinclair has taken over, you will see attrition of long term staff (read expensive) and the hiring of very green young talent. They may keep some key anchors for continuity. The biggest concern is the content and tone of coverage as they will insert conservative angles, commentaries, editorials and off the cuff comments. One former NBC/Media General station now owned by Sinclair the last two years (in a very diverse and liberal market) had a morning anchor suggest that the mess up with the Best Picture Oscar was a liberal consipiracy. If I had not heard it myself, I would never believe it but evidently is typical. What they do in NY (LA and Chicago) should be more of a challenge due to the market demographics and complexities. Overall, this is not a good day.

• Like 3