WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

I noticed for the past 2 nights, PIX has been going without a crawl on the 10pm newscast. I like the change, looks more professional, especially without that ugly orange thing on the bottom of the bug. It's not that I'm against crawls, PIX's crawl just looks ugly IMHO. The next thing that should be changed is the background.

• Like 1

I noticed for the past 2 nights, PIX has been going without a crawl on the 10pm newscast. I like the change, looks more professional, especially without that ugly orange thing on the bottom of the bug. It's not that I'm against crawls, PIX's crawl just looks ugly IMHO. The next thing that should be changed is the background.

The graphics, in my opinion, need to be changed overall, especially the opens.

New here and I cannot agree more that Kaity has "anchored" Ch.11 in more ways than one throughout the decades. Hiring Brenda shows how that channel honors true NY anchors but I wish they'd carry that philosophy over to the morning show. I love how Ch. 11 also covers the other burroughs better than other channels! All these changes make it hard for the audience to feel connected to our anchors! The same can also be said about WNBC...I sadly have no idea who those people are anymore and I grew up watching Live at 5 and all their broadcasts thereafter.

• Like 3

Does anyone know what kind of time off they get at PIX? I feel like some (especially Linda Church, Suki and John Muller) are off more often then not

Yeah I find that odd too. Then there are others like Tamsen Fadal and Andy Adler who seem to get off on Christmas and that's it. Also, I found this on the job listing: https://careers3-tribune.icims.com/jobs/44522/traffic-anchor-reporter/job

So based on this, it seems like Marissa isn't getting the traffic gig permanently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://tunedinnyc.com/2016/09/10/kaity-tong-back-to-weekends-at-wpix-kori-chambers-heads-to-weeknights/

CHANGES AS OF 9-12-16

Kaity: Back to weekends

Brenda: OUT

Kori: Weeknights 5pm with Tamsen

John: 6 and 10 with Tamsen

If they were going to work with the people they have (unfortunately getting rid of Brenda) I think it would be better if they'd put Kori and Kaity at 5.. John and Tamsen at 6.. John and Kaity at 10.. And put a 2 anchor team on weekends (maybe include Brenda in that)

• Like 1

At first, I was shocked to read the post; then I saw the link and thought "Oh Well, never mind."

I don't know; even if it isn't true, it's terrible (pathetic even) that they'd axe Brenda Blackmon after that short amount of time.

I wish her very well in where she goes next.

The one part confirmed is Kori moving to 5pm Weeknights.. He posted on facebook

• Like 3

This change isn't going to put any dent in their ratings problem. Not sure why they cut John's hours and Tamsen's stayed the same. Like nynewslover said they should just put Kaity in their weeknight lineup, and hire 2 new anchors for weekends. I honestly really want to see Shirley Chan in an anchor slot, even if it's just for filling in. She anchored back at NBC CT and based on clips I've seen, she's pretty good.

• Like 2

I've said it once before and I'll say it again.. At the time we all couldn't stand Jodi Applegate (mainly cause of the format) but if she was there now with John or Kori I think ratings would be much better. If they want to keep Tamsen so bad move her to Kalas spot and let her do lifestyle reports during the 6-9 newscast. Then put Kaity and Kori at 5.. John and Kala at 6.. John and Kaity at 10

I've said it once before and I'll say it again.. At the time we all couldn't stand Jodi Applegate (mainly cause of the format) but if she was there now with John or Kori I think ratings would be much better. If they want to keep Tamsen so bad move her to Kalas spot and let her do lifestyle reports during the 6-9 newscast. Then put Kaity and Kori at 5.. John and Kala at 6.. John and Kaity at 10

Totally agree. Same with Frances Rivera. Both Jodi and Frances are WAY better for the evening spot than Tamsen. I actually think John and Frances would've been a great evening team.

Sure, let's throw away a legacy news product in the largest media market in the country in favor of outsourced newscasts.

Get real, that's not happening.

Sorry to double post but...

In Los Angeles, KCOP decided to do that in favor of having KTTV's newscasts. So it can be done.

Sorry to double post but...

In Los Angeles, KCOP decided to do that in favor of having KTTV's newscasts. So it can be done.

KCOP and KTTV are co-owned by Fox. We already have that with WCBS news at 9 pm on co-owned WLNY. Fox replaced news on co-owned WWOR with the Chasing News experiment that never dies. That way they don't have internal competition for the Ten O'Clock News.

• Like 1