WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

I feel like this won't end well. I'm not certain but aren't WPIX's ratings still in the toilet? Also, Kaity and Brenda, although fine journalists, are getting older and so won't they retire in a few years anyways, and it would be embarrassing for the station if they brought in a longtime and respected journalist and the idea ends up flopping. In any case, I wish the best of luck and I will most definitely be watching to see what it's about.

Watch the morning news interview with Kaity and Brenda... It's great that PIX is doing this, I find it odd that they're touting this as "new" and "visionary". They've done a 6:30 newscast before. They've done a 6:30 newscast with Kaity Tong before. How is this supposed to be different other than having Brenda Blackmon anchoring with Kaity?

Watch the morning news interview with Kaity and Brenda... It's great that PIX is doing this, I find it odd that they're touting this as "new" and "visionary". They've done a 6:30 newscast before. They've done a 6:30 newscast with Kaity Tong before. How is this supposed to be different other than having Brenda Blackmon anchoring with Kaity?

Not to mention the fact that WABC 7 used to do a full hour of "Eyewitness News at 6:00" with Roger Grimsby and Bill Beutel back in the 70s and 80s.

I doubt PIX11 is going to replace or demote Tamsen. John is definitely worthy of the main anchor gig. I am actually surprised that he left ABC News to come back to PIX11. It seemed like he was becoming a rising star there, even filling in on GMA. Perhaps if Kaity/Brenda goes well, they could do 11am news together too. I think Jay Dow is definitely in line to get the weekend gig (maybe with Narmeen Choudhury), and Dan Mannarino (Joe Cioffi weather too) if they ever expand to weekend mornings. I like Joe Mauceri on sports (maybe he can handle weekends). Not a big fan of Scott Stanford or the SportsDesk block.

What makes you think they won't demote Tamsen? They've already demoted Kaity in the past and played Anchor roulette with Dan Mannarino no reason they won't do the same with Tamsen.

What makes you think they won't demote Tamsen? They've already demoted Kaity in the past and played Anchor roulette with Dan Mannarino no reason they won't do the same with Tamsen.

Anything's possible. I just don't think with current management they wil demote Tamsen to replace her with Kaity. Age and sex appeal unfortunately are more important qualities than experience nowadays.

Anything's possible. I just don't think with current management they wil demote Tamsen to replace her with Kaity. Age and sex appeal unfortunately are more important qualities than experience nowadays.

I agree there was an article on that suspect tunedin site that blasted tamsen for being more interested in self promotion then being a serious newscaster, heck if i were the channel 11 news director i would fire tamsen.

I agree there was an article on that suspect tunedin site that blasted tamsen for being more interested in self promotion then being a serious newscaster, heck if i were the channel 11 news director i would fire tamsen.

I wouldn't trust anything published on the TunedIn NYC blog unless it's cut and pasted from a press release or a reputable source. Nearly all the stories are either anti-WPIX stories and/or stories attributed to unnamed sources.

To the point where you can search "Fox News hot" on YouTube and you'd be surprised at how many views many of those videos get
  • Like 1

Kala Rama & Craig Treadway named new weekend co-anchors

Great choices. I enjoy watching Craig anchor, and it's good to get the slot.

I've never seen/heard of Kala before (understandably because she last freelanced at WABC), but she has some good credibility around here, so I'll give her a chance.

Good luck to them for longevity, and good work to the execs for the new pair-up.