WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

I hope that Channel 11 intends to eventually give Kaity and Brenda the whole hour at 6 p.m., because they are deserving of more than 30 minutes.

And Tamsen and John anchoring three newscasts makes no sense to me.

Just the fact that Kaity Tong is going back to weekdays is a joyous thing. The surprising this is she's doing a newscast at the time that last time helped brought her to a downfall. I hope this works out well this time.

Also, it's great to see the great Brenda Blackmon on New York News again. But this is a surprise too.

I hope that Channel 11 intends to eventually give Kaity and Brenda the whole hour at 6 p.m., because they are deserving of more than 30 minutes.

And Tamsen and John anchoring three newscasts makes no sense to me.

Yes, please let this happen. Although I'm cool with John anchoring three newscasts but definitely not Tamsen.

It seems a little odd to have a separate anchor team for just half an hour...It would make sense to have Tong and Blackmon do the whole 6pm hour, as others have mentioned. But the fact that they're adding another evening anchor team makes me wonder if an 11pm (anchored by John and Tamsen) may be in the cards over the next year or two. It would be certainly be an uphill battle, but so is 6:30... That didn't deter KTLA or WGN at the late time slot either. It might at least do somewhat better than whatever they're airing now....

It seems a little odd to have a separate anchor team for just half an hour...It would make sense to have Tong and Blackmon do the whole 6pm hour, as others have mentioned. But the fact that they're adding another evening anchor team makes me wonder if an 11pm (anchored by John and Tamsen) may be in the cards over the next year or two. It would be certainly be an uphill battle, but so is 6:30... That didn't deter KTLA or WGN at the late time slot either. It might at least do somewhat better than whatever they're airing now....

I agree with what you have said, but I don't see WPIX joining the 11 p.m. news race. If anything, there may be plans to finally launch the midday and weekend morning newscasts, provided that Tribune really invests in Channel 11.

I think a weekend morning newscast should be their next priority. It also makes me wonder with Kaity rejoining the weekday team 5 days a week (even if it's just for a half hour); will she still be able to anchor the weekend newscasts? I think if she does she should at least get a co-anchor (I still think Craig Treadway deserves a promotion- he's been at the station too long, and he and Tong have proved to be a great team on the holidays). Mario Diaz is another option.

Marvin Scott should anchor again. I can see him doing a midday or weekend morning 'cast on PIX should either come up.

One other thing...WELCOME BACK, BRENDA!!!

yeah if he wants to, maybe he wants to stay on the beat, wasn't he anchor with kaity before jim or was it the infamous Jack Cafferty

What I would like to see :

Kaity & John at 5 & 10

Kaity & Brenda at 6

Tamsen demoted to weekends

Could anybody see Channel 11 having an hour block of news from 6:30-7:30 PM? Where the 6:30 could grow into another 30 minutes at 7PM? Add EXTRA or one of those Entertainment Magazines shows at 7:30 PM, there you go Channel 11.

• Like 1

I doubt PIX11 is going to replace or demote Tamsen. John is definitely worthy of the main anchor gig. I am actually surprised that he left ABC News to come back to PIX11. It seemed like he was becoming a rising star there, even filling in on GMA. Perhaps if Kaity/Brenda goes well, they could do 11am news together too. I think Jay Dow is definitely in line to get the weekend gig (maybe with Narmeen Choudhury), and Dan Mannarino (Joe Cioffi weather too) if they ever expand to weekend mornings. I like Joe Mauceri on sports (maybe he can handle weekends). Not a big fan of Scott Stanford or the SportsDesk block.

• Like 1

What if Jim Watkins came back to WPIX 11...

Tamsen Fadal and John Muller at 5:00 and 5:30pm

Kaity Tong and Brenda Blackmon at 6:00 and 6:30pm

Kaity Tong and Jim Watkins at 10:00 and 10:30pm + Scott Sanford with SportsDesk at 10:45pm

Well, Jim Watkins left WTNH here in Connecticut this past summer, but I seriously doubt that he would return to WPIX for anything less than primary anchor.