WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

As for the 6pm newscast how about Kaity Tong and Jay Dow anchoring?

I think that's a great idea. Jay Dow has really risen in the ranks during the news division. And he left quite an impression doing the weekend news on occasion. It would be great to see him anchoring the news more.

And...come on...who doesn't want to see Kaity Tong anchoring weekdays again. after so long??

I think that's a great idea. Jay Dow has really risen in the ranks during the news division. And he left quite an impression doing the weekend news on occasion. It would be great to see him anchoring the news more.

And...come on...who doesn't want to see Kaity Tong anchoring weekdays again. after so long??

What I don't understand AT ALL is why they had John anchoring two (almost) hour long broadcasts solo last night, Tamsen was off. And Kaity was THERE! She did a story on the llamas at 10pm. I can understand maybe solo for one show ,but why do both when you have an experienced, well-known anchor right there next to you on set? It just makes no sense. Other than that, there broadcasts have improved greatly. In fact, here are the numbers for February sweeps that I found: http://www.tribunemedia.com/?p=20370

Well I just turned to PIX and guess who's in for Tamsen: Kaity! Looks like they've been listening to me!

I was just gonna post that they must've been on this site lol I'm sure John Muller complained too. Imagine having to anchor an hour long newscast alone? Not easy.

If you guys haven't been following the PIX Engineers twitter page (like me, apparently) for the past several days,

then you've been missing out

on this:

[twitter]pix11tech/status/571126037616205824[/twitter]

and this:

[twitter]pix11tech/status/571144359204265984[/twitter] (which looks really nice)

and most especially, this:

[twitter]pix11tech/status/571444520241528832[/twitter]

The new newsroom is complete and ready for business!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, well.. I just saw this:

https://careers2-tribune.icims.com/jobs/42451/producer---6pm/job?hub=8&mobile=false&width=1323&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240

If you can't click on the link it's a position for a producer for a 6pm newscast. So it does seem that they are actually launching a 6pm newscast. I'll post the job description here:

Overview:

PIX11 News is seeking a smart and digitally savvy Producer who wants to make her/his mark on New York City by crafting a new and unique kind of newscast.

Responsibilities:

Strong ethics and stellar news judgment are must-haves and don’t be afraid to push the envelope. We need someone who can set the conversation agenda. Someone who understands what will be trending tomorrow, and makes it a point to showcase those stories tonight.

We will cover a wide variety of content – from breaking news to viral videos, social issues to social media trends, technology, entertainment, and everything else that makes people talk.

Qualifications:

• Great writer.
  • An expert at storytelling with video.
  • A social media savant (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat) -Someone who can create content, pegged largely to news across social platforms.
  • Calm in a crisis – no panicking in the control room.
  • Willing to blow up the show 2 minutes before air to cover breaking news.
  • Must be able to climb into the trenches and get your hands dirty.
  • 5 years of producing experience college degree or equivalent experience.
  • Experience in a top 25 market.
  • Final Cut Pro proficiency.

Scott Stanford tweeted that he will be co-anchoring the morning show with Suki tomorrow. That should be interesting!

Yes!! I loved and enjoyed it when he anchored the 5 and 10 with Tamsen Fadal back last year.

I'm really going to enjoy his anchoring in the morning.

That'll be great.. Where he should've anchored from the start if he wasn't gonna do sports

I agree. He does has the energy and passion to carry a morning newscast ala Ukee Washington on KYW (who by the way, of course was a sports reporter back in the 90s). I think he'll do great.