WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Rachel Frank has made the decision to leave WPIX after she has her baby and return to her home, that is FOX CT. I wonder if Chris Knowles will get the spot, or will Linda take all four hours? You can read her full blog post here:

http://rachelforecasts.blogspot.com/2014/09/back-to-connecticut-starting-family.html

EDIT: just read the full post, and apparently she is starting back in CT Monday for the evening newscasts. So I guess today was her last day at PIX?

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Effron has finally left the building. With ratings going up and the anchor team settled in, you gotta wonder....is this the best time for fresh upheavals?

Craig Allen just confirmed that WPIX's weekend 5pm newscast is now a full hour. He also said Jay Dow was at the desk, is Kaity still not feeling well? Edit: Kaity tweeted that she'll be back tomorrow.

Craig Allen just confirmed that WPIX's weekend 5pm newscast is now a full hour. He also said Jay Dow was at the desk, is Kaity still not feeling well? Edit: Kaity tweeted that she'll be back tomorrow.

In that case they need a second anchor. Kaity is great but it's very dull watching a single anchor for an hour. It's not easy on the anchor person either. I say Marvin Scott.

In that case they need a second anchor. Kaity is great but it's very dull watching a single anchor for an hour. It's not easy on the anchor person either. I say Marvin Scott.

Does anyone know what happened to former WWOR anchor Harry Martin? If they wanted to bring in someone external, he'd be perfect. And I think it was you who also thought he'd be great with Kaity. Another person who I think PIX should look at is Teresa Priolo, if FOX 5 was smarter she would be anchoring and not Dari or Juliet (and I'm not saying pair her with Kaity, I just think that they should look at her as a potential anchor in some capacity

Does anyone know what happened to former WWOR anchor Harry Martin? If they wanted to bring in someone external, he'd be perfect. And I think it was you who also thought he'd be great with Kaity. Another person who I think PIX should look at is Teresa Priolo, if FOX 5 was smarter she would be anchoring and not Dari or Juliet (and I'm not saying pair her with Kaity, I just think that they should look at her as a potential anchor in some capacity

Juliet isn't going anywhere. The ratings for that show are good. I like her. So do a lot of others. I don't think Taresa would go to PIX.. Eventually she'll either be promoted or move to one of the big 3. PIX has no stability I don't blame anyone if they turn them down

It's actually only an hour on Sat. for the time being, but they could expand the 5pm on Sundays too soon. But then again, they may put the Saturday 5pm newscast back to a half hour, so we'll have to see.

On Friday Dan Manarino tweeted he's done with the evening shows and will be back on mornings in 2 weeks.. I wonder if he'll anchor in some sort again or just report.. It took John Muller about 2 weeks of rehearsal before going back on air.. Just a thought

PIX used a new kind of open tonight at 10:30, it was similar to this:

The custom theme was used, but the graphics looked more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMziY13BRRI

It's actually perfect, because instead of using the full open, or not using any open at all, they just use a short little open to reassure us of which program we're watching.

We'll have to watch to see if we see more changes in the coming weeks with Waldman and Carter at the helm of the ship instead of Effron. I don't think there will be any major changes until a permanent ND is hired.

Chris Knowles is now doing general assignment reports in addition to his freelance meteorology duties. He was their lead reporter this morning on the Ebola case. I guess PIX is leaning in the direction of WCBS, as they have Vanessa and Elise do general assignment reports in addition to their weekend meteorology duties.

I just happened to be flipping channels before when WABC went on a commercial and turned to PIX for a quick second.. Mr.G was on. I've never seen anything so weird from an on air person. His jacket was in buttoned.. His tie was tucked into the front of his pants and he was holding the clip on mic. I don't know what happened or if he didn't realize it was time to go on but it was very strange. If he was that in prepared they should've given him 30 seconds to get together. It was very sloppy

I just happened to be flipping channels before when WABC went on a commercial and turned to PIX for a quick second.. Mr.G was on. I've never seen anything so weird from an on air person. His jacket was in buttoned.. His tie was tucked into the front of his pants and he was holding the clip on mic. I don't know what happened or if he didn't realize it was time to go on but it was very strange. If he was that in prepared they should've given him 30 seconds to get together. It was very sloppy

He's like this ALL of the time. He's always in the middle of buttoning his shirt, fixing his mic, etc. Today at 5 I also noticed that he was holding his mic, I don't think it was clipping on well. Either way, Mr. G's presentation is always so sloppy. That's only the beginning. I can't stand how he stands in the middle of the screen, and mumbles, and barely gets the point across. He's what turns me away from PIX. Everything else is fine. I would watch their newscasts more if any other weather personality was on.

He's like this ALL of the time. He's always in the middle of buttoning his shirt, fixing his mic, etc. Today at 5 I also noticed that he was holding his mic, I don't think it was clipping on well. Either way, Mr. G's presentation is always so sloppy. That's only the beginning. I can't stand how he stands in the middle of the screen, and mumbles, and barely gets the point across. He's what turns me away from PIX. Everything else is fine. I would watch their newscasts more if any other weather personality was on.

But they're just so smart they have Chris Knolwes who'd do great with that team out in the field reporting. Go figure