WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Something to ponder about the WPIX 5 and 10pm newscast: it is the only newscast that I have seen where the female anchor is on the left side, Once you realize it, it seems weird

Ernie and Dari sat the same way. I don't really like it idk why or what it is tho.

Together

yup, you're right. I just saw a facebook post by Narmeen saying that they will be anchoring together. I'm glad someone at PIX has the brains to give these two some exposure. They could serve as valuable fill-in anchors in the future.

When Narmeen and Jay anchored today, Jay was on the left and Narmeen was on the right: the opposite of how Scott and Tamsen sit. And in the morning, it's always been the regular way (with Kori on the left and Suki on the right), so I don't know why PIX switches it up on their weekday 5 and 10pm newscasts. Also, the promos PIX has been airing regarding John Muller's homecoming has him sitting on the right and Tamsen on the left, the same way Scott and Tamsen do now. I know most people don't care, but they should be consistent with their seating arrangements.

Narmeen Choudhury will be anchoring with Scott today (for his final broadcast as a news anchor), as Tamsen is on vacation in Florida. I'm glad they've stopped relying on solo anchors. You can tell that Stanford is sad and mad about the change as exhibited by his tweet: https://twitter.com/scottstanford1/status/487635959190536192

Narmeen Choudhury will be anchoring with Scott today (for his final broadcast as a news anchor), as Tamsen is on vacation in Florida. I'm glad they've stopped relying on solo anchors. You can tell that Stanford is sad and mad about the change as exhibited by his tweet: https://twitter.com/scottstanford1/status/487635959190536192

I do agree about the sadness, as I think Scott probably enjoyed his time as news anchor. Madness, not so much.

I do agree about the sadness, as I think Scott probably enjoyed his time as news anchor. Madness, not so much.

Read this article, especially by the end. Insiders say that he was "fuming" when the decision was made. http://tunedinnyc.com/2014/06/05/marysol-castro-out-dan-mannarino-uncertain-as-wpix-cuts-early-morning-newscast/#more-1832

Narmeen Choudury is pretty good. Tonight's newscasts weren't bad at all.

I agree, she's definitely shining in the anchor seat. I can see her becoming the main fill-in for Tamsen (although I'd still rather see Kaity Tong fill that spot). Heck, maybe if PIX expands their newscasts, she will becoming a permanent anchor in some slot? Who knows.

In my opinion Scott wasn't the worst anchor ever. There's been worse and there's been better. However if he's gonna be doing sports they need to give him the title of sports director and let him do his thing. They can't limit him. He needs to be in control of the sports dept. NOT Andy Adler, she basically runs the morning show being on every 5 mins. Scott knows sports he should be the one to cover the big events and what's on air. It could work if that's followed.

In my opinion Scott wasn't the worst anchor ever. There's been worse and there's been better. However if he's gonna be doing sports they need to give him the title of sports director and let him do his thing. They can't limit him. He needs to be in control of the sports dept. NOT Andy Adler, she basically runs the morning show being on every 5 mins. Scott knows sports he should be the one to cover the big events and what's on air. It could work if that's followed.

Well, apparently Scott's been given the job of "rebuilding the sports department" so in my view, that I think that means he'll be in charge of everything. And I'm so glad I am not the only one who thinks Andy Adler gets WAY too much air time. She even sits where Kaitlin Monte's supposed to sit. Back on track, I guess this means Scott should also be in charge of getting a weekend sports anchor. How about Dyrol Joyner, or even Tina Cervasio (who's been freelancing at WNYW recently and has been on the sports desk two times already, including last night and one time with Andy Adler, so both Scott and Andy must like her). But the fact that Scott's been demoted to sports only and may not be given an extension to his contract kind of gives me the impression that management does not like him. But it seems like they love Tamsen, the same way they love Suki. If you ask me, Tamsen and John would be a FANTASTIC morning team and would be able to compete with WNYW. As an evening team, well, I can take them. They're all right (John being a lot better than Tamsen). But hey, does anyone remember how hard of a time we gave Kristine Johnson when she was promoted? And look at WCBS' product now, she has become a MUCH better anchor than when she started. I can see the same happening with Tamsen over time.

Well, apparently Scott's been given the job of "rebuilding the sports department" so in my view, that I think that means he'll be in charge of everything. And I'm so glad I am not the only one who thinks Andy Adler gets WAY too much air time. She even sits where Kaitlin Monte's supposed to sit. Back on track, I guess this means Scott should also be in charge of getting a weekend sports anchor. How about Dyrol Joyner, or even Tina Cervasio (who's been freelancing at WNYW recently and has been on the sports desk two times already, including last night and one time with Andy Adler, so both Scott and Andy must like her). But the fact that Scott's been demoted to sports only and may not be given an extension to his contract kind of gives me the impression that management does not like him. But it seems like they love Tamsen, the same way they love Suki. If you ask me, Tamsen and John would be a FANTASTIC morning team and would be able to compete with WNYW. As an evening team, well, I can take them. They're all right (John being a lot better than Tamsen). But hey, does anyone remember how hard of a time we gave Kristine Johnson when she was promoted? And look at WCBS' product now, she has become a MUCH better anchor than when she started. I can see the same happening with Tamsen over time.

They would make a great morning team and that's been proven.. I don't think they could compete with Greg and Rosanna tho. Almost no one could. I do think they will work great at night together. As I've said I almost feel bad for anyone on air at PIX. They all look bad and it's not their fault that the bosses are idiots. They had 2 weeks of rehearsal so i have a feeling they have a new format for the evening. Let's see how long this lasts. Probably not more than 6 or 7 months

Well John Muller starts tonight and they're advertising the hell out of it on social media.. And Sukanya tweeted that Dan Manarino will be back very soon. And when someone asked if Dan would be doing mornings he replied "stay tuned"

The 10:00 so far has a lot of movement.. They go from standing to the desk back to standing. They were just in the middle if the studio btwn 2 tvs discussing viral videos..they did weather multiple times.. And showed the 7 day during an earlier block! Plus a business report which was short but I like it. It kind of has a fresh feel. It's flowing well and john and Tamsen are great. It feels like am actual newcast again.Definetly could beat FOX5.

Watching the PIX news at 10 tonight, and I noticed they revised their title graphics. They look similar to the revamped morning graphics. See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-joXdTvFvA&list=UUzqpvO3cxishuzqmx09tnLA

This replaces the "older" graphics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu7tclAx-DE#t=40

LOL, today at 5 PIX is using the "newer" transitions, but with the 10pm open (along with the other "coming up/right now" graphics that are usually custom to the 10pm show).