WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think WPIX showed the 7 day forecast on the 10PM show tonight. Talk about bad.

Idk but in their defense a lot is going on in the weather dpt over the next two days and they have gone into good detail about the next storm as well as this one.. So if they went through a 7 day fast or not at all I really don't have a problem with it. It's funny cause on a normal day PIX sucks but when something requires extensive coverage they step up a bit

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think WPIX showed the 7 day forecast on the 10PM show tonight. Talk about bad.

Idk but in their defense a lot is going on in the weather dpt over the next two days and they have gone into good detail about the next storm as well as this one.. So if they went through a 7 day fast or not at all I really don't have a problem with it. It's funny cause on a normal day PIX sucks but when something requires extensive coverage they step up a bit

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed tonight on the 10pm broadcast that the anchors were sitting on new chairs that were white. Scott was saying that they were getting new chairs with some kind of a massager thing in "scotts spot", but I thought he was joking. But then again, PIX as a whole is a joke. And on an off-topic side note, I think Tamsen has a cold. She should really take a day off. Tamsen & Scott never get off except for a few holidays.

I find it interesting, The Pix 11 Morning News does better in the demo in NY than CBS This Morning. https://twitter.com/lewsview/status/439113714391089152

I know! When I saw that I was shocked. I mean, CBS this morning is not that good, but I didn't think it was that bad that more viewers would rather watch PIX than them. But Charlie Rose and Gail King are horrible talent in my view. I, like most people, always turn to WNYW after 7am to watch Rossanna & Greg. I guess most viewers would rather stay local at that time.

I know! When I saw that I was shocked. I mean, CBS this morning is not that good, but I didn't think it was that bad that more viewers would rather watch PIX than them. But Charlie Rose and Gail King are horrible talent in my view. I, like most people, always turn to WNYW after 7am to watch Rossanna & Greg. I guess most viewers would rather stay local at that time.

The key demo is 25-54, so I can't think of a reason why they'd show 25-49 and 18-49 other than because they lost in 25-54.

It appears that WPIX just debuted a new "new at ten" transition graphic during their broadcast. The background seems similar to what's been airing during their promos. I wonder if this is indicative that new graphics will debut soon. But that might just be wishful thinking.

they also debuted a new breaking news open tonight. It happened quickly and awhile ago so I can't picture it in my mind but it wasn't bad. I have a feeling this is a soft launch of new opens, graphics and music that will be airing very soon. Finally this might be a step in the right direction...

WPIX has hired former WNYW weekend sports anchor Andy Adler as entertainment reporter for the PIX Morning News, besides that she will also serve as sports anchor for the program. And so, the reformation of the sports department begins.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/andy-adler-joins-wpix-morning-newscast_b117050

http://tunedinnyc.com/2014/03/12/andy-adler-returns-to-new-york-as-wpix-morning-entertainment-reporter-and-sports-anchor/

WPIX has hired former WNYW weekend sports anchor Andy Adler as entertainment reporter for the PIX Morning News, besides that she will also serve as sports anchor for the program. And so, the reformation of the sports department begins.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/andy-adler-joins-wpix-morning-newscast_b117050

http://tunedinnyc.com/2014/03/12/andy-adler-returns-to-new-york-as-wpix-morning-entertainment-reporter-and-sports-anchor/

Interesting move to hire Andy as a sports anchor and entertainment reporter. What does this mean for Lisa Mateo? Does she get shifted to evenings? Will she have a role on the new 11am newscast?

Jerry Barmash reports Julie Grauert (morning traffic) did not have her contract renewed.

Wow, I actually liked her. Once again, WPIX gets rid of all the wrong people. Amazing how many people have been let go and Suki's still there. If Julie goes, then I guess Kristina Behr would be next in line for traffic? I don't know, but getting rid of Julie Grauert is taking a step back IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to turn it off after 15 minutes, they've completely gotten rid of any news coverage outside of NYC. And Tamsen was by herself tonight at 10, and their lead story was the mice in a "cronut" shop. What a joke. FCC should really yank their license.