WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Hello, Do You Have A Video Clip Of WPIX-TV's INN: The Independent News At 7:30 Video Open From Tuesday Evening, February 10, 1987, That You Can Upload On The TV-Ark Television Museum Website, In The International Section, Under USA, Under WPIX, Please?

Darn it, I only have the open from Wednesday February 11th, 1987! UGH. Sorry!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really wish they'd change the format of the morning show.. Especially that stupid ad going into the weather segment. They have a really good team in my opinion. And to be honest I think Marysol and Dan are even better then Suki and Kori and they should really bring Chris Knowles back he's great on there

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed that Kristina Behr is reporting for WPIX. If I'm correct she had been a traffic reporter for WPIX left for FiOS1 News.

She was back subbing for Julie doing traffic and has stayed on as a reporter. Guess she's freelance.

I have seen her on there all of last year, but only on weekends. She seems to be a weekday traffic reporter fill-in and a weekend reporter. I think she adds a nice touch to PIX 11's team of reporters.

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to the decision to only cover news within the five boroughs?

I'm pretty sure that after Mark Effron thought about that he realized that if WPIX wanted to bring in viewers, they had to do news from all over the tri-state area. WPIX seems to be trying everything, going from one extreme (covering no news outside the city) to the other (covering news all over that some of us don't even care about). They seem to be trying everything possible, but nothing's working. I still think they do have a chance of rebounding their ratings if they advertise more, and debut a new look, set, music, change the talent around, etc. However, everything was really lost from the Bill Carey era when he got rid of Kaity and Jim. And according to Tuned In, WPIX is back in the news, and once again for a very bad reason. A threatening letter was sent to the talent and producers. Details of the article here (credit: Jerry Barmash, Tuned In)

http://tunedinnyc.com/2014/01/17/controversy-swirls-around-wpix-executive-producer-after-threatening-email-to-staff/

I think along with 11am and weekend mornings, WPIX should add a 6 or 6:30pm weekday newscast anchored by Kaity. She has the experience to solo and she has plenty of awareness in the public to attract viewers. She doesn't have to replace Tamsen at 5 and 10 or anything, just add 6pm and have her anchor. And they should make it a big deal and advertise a lot of "Kaity's Back! Weeknights at 6pm."

I still think they do have a chance of rebounding their ratings if they advertise more, and debut a new look, set, music, change the talent around, etc.

They need a serious news package (even if they go back to the classic WPIX package). They need new graphics and a new set badly as well. The talent really isn't a problem anymore, Mark just needs to tell them to get serious and the content needs to change to a more classic newscast. Its really not the talent, especially the newer talent. And yeah, they need to advertise more, but they are...

• 2 weeks later...

Guess who isn't covering the State of The Union....

How can anyone trust WPIX for the news when, they will be on air for 6 hours consecutively for a less important story and not cover an important one. I don't usually condemn copying but geez, if its this bad, why don't they just copy the amount of coverage the other stations do. :bang:

How can anyone trust WPIX for the news when, they will be on air for 6 hours consecutively for a less important story and not cover an important one. I don't usually condemn copying but geez, if its this bad, why don't they just copy the amount of coverage the other stations do. :bang:

you mean to say WPIX isn't covering the state of the union? that's horrible. They really need to get their act together. This is a million times more important than their "countdown to kickoff superbowl coverage" thing. Just when I thought they were slightly improving and covering important breaking stories, they don't carry this. Wow. And they even carried Chris Christies state of the state speech. No wonder when I went on the website, I didn't see any live bug or Lower 3rd on their online livestream. This is just a step in the wrong direction...

WGN in Chicago isn't, either. I don't it's something they have much of a say-so in, as the CW has been very (somewhat) strict in allowing pre-emptions of their programming than the WB ever was...though it mostly applies to sporting events.

How many viewers would they have really captured? People aren't tuning into PIX11 to watch the SOTU. That's a fact.

WLNY aired their 9pm newscast instead of the SOTU.

How many viewers would they have really captured? People aren't tuning into PIX11 to watch the SOTU. That's a fact.

WLNY aired their 9pm newscast instead of the SOTU.

WLNY is a sister station to CBS, so I would expect WLNY to carry on with their regular newscasts. There's no point in running the state of the union address on both stations from the same outlet. However, WPIX is their own outlet. Yeah, they probably won't get many viewers, but at least they should make the effort to try.

WGN in Chicago isn't, either. I don't it's something they have much of a say-so in, as the CW has been very (somewhat) strict in allowing pre-emptions of their programming than the WB ever was...though it mostly applies to sporting events.

Was going to post that. She was at Fox for several years then left for the west coast. It was refreshing to see her again. One possibility is that she may become a permanent sports person so Scott sticks with news, or she may do mornings, She has anchored so that door is even open.

I was going to guess WNJU Linden, the New York market Telemundo affiliate.

In fact, none of the Hispanic networks provided State of the Union live coverage this year. I do not know if they aired it later. But even if they did, it demonstrated the general perception amongst the mainstream media that this year's address to both houses of congress and the nation wasn't really all that relevant.

you mean to say WPIX isn't covering the state of the union? that's horrible. They really need to get their act together. This is a million times more important than their "countdown to kickoff superbowl coverage" thing. Just when I thought they were slightly improving and covering important breaking stories, they don't carry this. Wow. And they even carried Chris Christies state of the state speech. No wonder when I went on the website, I didn't see any live bug or Lower 3rd on their online livestream. This is just a step in the wrong direction...

Definitely horrible. Without coverage from WPIX, viewers in the New York market who wanted to watch the SOTU only had to choose from ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, or PBS. If they had cable, they could also choose from C-SPAN, CNN, Fox News, or MSNBC