WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

What is WPIX's fascination with pastel colors? First the studio, then the graphics, now in commercials (especially for the morning news). I thought the pastel colors used in the morning news commercial were for Easter, but they're still using them. It looks terrible.

Tom Zweier, a Shadow/Metro traffic alum has been hired for Air11 for both morning and evening newscasts.

So PIX has entered the chopper wars again.

I've heard that name for years and he always sounded very good on radio. I believed he subbed on NBC4 for a few months. Good pickup for PIX.

Craig Allen is now on the website so is likely full time now. Another good pick up to bolster their weather team

Kerry Drew is likely no longer with PIX. I saw her reporting on Fox 5

Besides their anchors it doesn't seem like PIX has any full time people.. People there last a few months and they bring in a new round of reporters.. It's so dumb cause their news content sucks and the people are always being moved around.. Atleast if they stuck with the same people viewers would watch and get used to the reporters.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Their website is apparently in the process of being updated. New home page. Weather page has new interactive and updating features. It looks similar to a Tribune type template and is definitely better than what they had. Nice to see all shows broadcast from the studio except for the top 11 at 10. The Sandy special from the anchors and reporters was solid. Word is there is another Sandy special in production from the weather team. I think they've made some good fast paced changes in look and news coverage over the past few weeks and with the coming switches next week, it'll probably improve even more. Seems like recent news events have given them the kick in the butt to compete.

• 1 month later...

WPIX made two small changes to the 10pm newscast tonight.

The desk used at 5pm and weekends was replaced with the anchor standing behind a small glass table.

They added the news scroll to the bottom of the screen and all it's doing is promoting how to contact WPIX via WPIX.com, e-mail and social media.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Why is Sukanya Krishnan the only anchor mainstay on the "PIX Morning News?" I get the fact that it is highly unusual to have an Indian-American anchor BUT she is very unprofessional: she always interrupts her coworkers and guests and she acts like it's her show. And she is so hyper! Am I missing something? Why is she allowed to behave this way? I cannot stand this show anymore and I don't watch it for more than 5 minutes.

Also, why isn't there a sports anchor on the "10 PM PIX 11 News?" It makes the station look really cheap.

Why is Sukanya Krishnan the only anchor mainstay on the "PIX Morning News?" I get the fact that it is highly unusual to have an Indian-American anchor BUT she is very unprofessional: she always interrupts her coworkers and guests and she acts like it's her show. And she is so hyper! Am I missing something? Why is she allowed to behave this way? I cannot stand this show anymore and I don't watch it for more than 5 minutes.

Also, why isn't there a sports anchor on the "10 PM PIX 11 News?" It makes the station look really cheap.

I would consider PIX11 the more fun station over like say WNBC, WABC, WCBS which are more serious stations. And who knows they are probably looking for someone. Why do they even need a sports anchor anyway just let a reporter read the sports or something.

Being fun is one thing, but when an anchor dominates the show, talks over everyone, and is condescending (like if someone else makes a mistake despite the fact that she makes plenty of mistakes), it's not fun to watch.

That sure sounds like a bully, more than a news anchor.

Hello, Do You Have A Video Clip Of WPIX-TV's INN: The Independent News At 7:30 Video Open From Tuesday Evening, February 10, 1987, That You Can Upload On The TV-Ark Television Museum Website, In The International Section, Under USA, Under WPIX, Please?

Boy you are very specific, aren't you? What on earth is so special about that specific "video open"?

That's his thing, he asks for extremely specific opens and then wants them to be uploaded to TVArk. The dates never seem to have any historical significancy so I think they're just random.

I guess he doesn't realize that TVArk doesn't accept digital files and instead wants the tape source. Or that we don't run TVArk. No idea!

That's his thing, he asks for extremely specific opens and then wants them to be uploaded to TVArk. The dates never seem to have any historical significancy so I think they're just random.

I guess he doesn't realize that TVArk doesn't accept digital files and instead wants the tape source. Or that we don't run TVArk. No idea!

I've heard a lot about him and have seen the ridiculous comments he leaves on YouTube videos. It's fine that he's a television news fan (as all of us here are) but holy crap I think he needs some help.