WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

In the promo with Sukanya Krishnan she calls her self the "main achor" of the PIX 11 Morning News. What does that make Frances Rivera?

I thought they were co-anchors.

Did WPIX hire Dyrol Joyner full time as sports reporter? He's been on every weekend during the NFL Season.

In the promo with Sukanya Krishnan she calls her self the "main achor" of the PIX 11 Morning News. What does that make Frances Rivera?

I thought they were co-anchors.

Did WPIX hire Dyrol Joyner full time as sports reporter? He's been on every weekend during the NFL Season.

I have heard them call her that in the past...Idk why..Maybe its cause shes the only anchor that has lasted during that part of the newscast?

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago I WPIX aired a report where some of the video b-roll was totally out of focus.

Then tonight during one of the reports, half of the camera shots are out of focus, the video level is way to high and the video is very grainy.

Is WPIX now having some of their reporters shoot their own video on less than broadcast quality HD cameras?

Here's a good example from tonight,

• 3 weeks later...

They aired a promo Friday night saying that Ray Kelly would release a statement about the investigation into Greg.. hat never aired.. Many ppl watched for it and took to facebook to complain.. Anyone know what's up? Or was just this an attempt to get ratings?

• 2 weeks later...

This coming monday (Feb.20th) PIX will have a live studio audience for their morning news show.. Im dying to see how this is gonna work..

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/wpix-tries-out-studio-audience-for-morning-news_b39536

22 people are gonna be there.. I didn't even think that many people even watched that show lol

This coming monday (Feb.20th) PIX will have a live studio audience for their morning news show.. Im dying to see how this is gonna work..

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/wpix-tries-out-studio-audience-for-morning-news_b39536

22 people are gonna be there.. I didn't even think that many people even watched that show lol

You know this actually reminds me of The 10! Show on WCAU; THEY also have a small studio audience and it is also taped at its studios in Philly. Also I watched Ann episode of Maury when it visited WGN's studio in Chicago; that too had a small SD. So I think this may work.

You know this actually reminds me of The 10! Show on WCAU; THEY also have a small studio audience and it is also taped at its studios in Philly. Also I watched Ann episode of Maury when it visited WGN's studio in Chicago; that too had a small SD. So I think this may work.

WGN Morning News should have the studio audience

http://www.mediabist...ing-news_b39536

Here's the pictures of the victims...I mean the audience at that day. I heard they're gonna do it again on March 22nd.

http://www.wpix.com/...72.photogallery

It seems they're now providing a 7 day weather forecast.

The weather graphics are the same.

I suspect something will be done to resolve this mess. Move or re-move some of the key on air players.

http://www.mediabist...4954#more-54954

Yeah but with Bill Carey there it's his way or the highway and I don't think he is gonna change anything.. He's an idiot.. I think a monkey could run a better station then him. The station is ruined now and it's sad.. The morning show is just Suki and Frances acting like 2 babbling idiots and the 10pm...well we all know about that.

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed, I see the following message when I turn to WPIX:

"The owner of this channel has unfortunately forced DIRECTV to temporarily remove it from your line-up despite our repeated requests to keep it on. While we regret their decision, typically disruptions of this sort last a very short time."

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if WPIX uses a 7 second delay on the 8am hour of the newscast?

I've been noticing on FiOS just before the show ends the video jumps forward as if they are going out of delay and we miss a few seconds on the show.