WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Definitely seems like they're updating the main area of the studio; we shall see if they keep using the current area of the studio or switch to a temporary set at some point. I remember last time they renovated they moved the desk to the same area a few days before moving to a temporary set

12 hours ago, MisterBill said:

I wonder if she'll be joining the morning news? Katie Corrado just posted that she's moving to the 10pm news starting next week.

Official. If you see the instagram post via location.  That is the replacement for Katie Corrado for AM's.. My assumption is that she will do M-F AM's at PIX... 1010 wins either mid-days/early PM/weekends. This is a good pick up for them at Pix Mornings.

Seems like perfect time to update the set since the Daily Mail has been cancelled. I can see the new set with loaded with led’s which will give them quick set changes since their studio is small - during the construction they might use the new NN studio

15 minutes ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

I haven’t seen it on air for some time, but I don’t know if they dropped it entirely. Would not be a very good move if so.

Pix11 chooper is not down.. They were on the air this past week.  Information is invalid. I've checked the discord, and there's no mention of it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

Pix11 chooper is not down.. They were on the air this past week.  Information is invalid. I've checked the discord, and there's no mention of it.

Thanks for the info, I must’ve just missed seeing it on air. Several other Nexstar stations have their helicopters in the air, so taking one down in a place like NYC didn’t sound right to begin with.

22 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

Thanks for the info, I must’ve just missed seeing it on air. Several other Nexstar stations have their helicopters in the air, so taking one down in a place like NYC didn’t sound right to begin with.

No problem.. Usually the Pix chopper goes up between the hours of 6AM-9AM, and breaking news as it happens. Their regular pilot Tom Kaminski is also the pilot for WCBS Newsradio 880. So, the chopper is used in tandem between radio and TV news.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I figured based on lighting that was not the final result haha; for a temporary set that looks great aside from the lighting issue! Excited to see the new one when its revealed; Dan called it a "big renovation". Makes sense since their current studio always looked a bit dated and traditional, although that was a look they needed at the time to re-establish themselves as a serious contender. Seems like they're on the 10th floor newsroom instead of the 2nd floor now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce0qBeeOlsD/  

Edited by NYNewsCoverage
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

Yeah I figured based on lighting that was not the final result haha; for a temporary set that looks great aside from the lighting issue! Excited to see the new one when its revealed; Dan called it a "big renovation". Makes sense since their current studio always looked a bit dated and traditional, although that was a look they needed at the time to re-establish themselves as a serious contender. Seems like they're on the 10th floor newsroom instead of the 2nd floor now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce0qBeeOlsD/  

I initially thought they modified the duratrans a bit, but it turns out that had more to do with the lighting and placement of the monitors. Hopefully the new set doesn’t look as cramped as the last one.

• 2 weeks later...

The 10-11am show that Chris Cimino alluded to when he was hired begins on Monday. Here's what he posted on FB. 

Unfortunately our on air announcement today was preempted by breaking news but here’s what we wanted to tell you…. We've got news! !
New York Living is a lifestyle show that celebrates the food, fashion, people, and secrets of New York City. The new show airs on PIX11 TV from 10-11 a.m. Monday through Friday.
@marysolcastrotv and @chrisciminoweather will be hosting this daily show to offer you a break from the day-to-day hustle of the city by sharing humorous, inspiring, and uplifting stories. We will also be joined by @benaarontv, @theojinika @alexleemedia & @starharveywx.
See you Monday morning on TV at 10AM.
Edited by MisterBill

31 minutes ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

Seems like it will be a cool show; and also give Dan and Hazel a slight break. Would be interesting if the new studio debuted Monday for the show, but doubt it will be done that quickly.

If anything, they'll probably end up using the traffic/NewsNation set, given its relative versatility. I doubt they'll want to launch from the cramped space in the newsroom. I wouldn't expect it to be much different from the other lifestyle/pay for play shows out there, but we'll see.

• Like 1

Just caught a peak of New York Live. The show itself is basically a reformatting of the lifestyle-oriented 10am show, minus the news and weather segments. As mentioned, Chris and Marysol are now the primary hosts (as opposed to having an anchor front the bulk of the show.) Ben and Ojinika continue to host segments. The show is utilizing the traffic set (at least for now) and graphics look to be a modification of the existing news graphics.

5 hours ago, PIXfan said:

Morning News anchor Dan Mannarino is taking an extended vacation, and will return towards the end of the summer.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2022/6/26/going-m-i-a-in-n-y-c

I wonder who will host "PIX on Politics" while he is away.

I believe he said Ayanna Harry would host it. I think she also filled in for Kirstin last Sunday.