WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

On 11/25/2021 at 11:55 PM, MisterBill said:

I'm guessing that 6-7 is a major competitive time slot, and they want their #1 team then.  I've noticed that WNBC has been advertising TINY segments during the evening news, claiming that the show starts at 6am, when obviously they're on at 4am.

Also look at how Fox5 has Bianca Peters in to co-anchor the 6-7am hour.

Makes sense, I even notice that programing guides isolate the 6am block on most stations instead of listing it as one big 4/4:30-7am block.

16 hours ago, MorningNews said:

5 hours is a long time every morning.

Was thinking the same. Oji, Marisol and Ben could soely take over the 10am hour since it's all fluff and GDNY isn't on the air as competition at that time. But, if Dan and Hazel haven't complained then no issue. 

Edited by iron_lion

36 minutes ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

We finally know the truth about why Narmeen Choudhury left PIX11- islamophobia. Terrible that she had to go through that and shame on PIX for not acting and essentially allowing it. She is very brave and hope she finds work elsewhere soon.

With all due respect to her, as the alleged victim, and you, the poster here, could you provide evidence of this claim?

37 minutes ago, 24994J said:

With all due respect to her, as the alleged victim, and you, the poster here, could you provide evidence of this claim?

I just checked.. she has the claim posted on Instagram.. more than a few PIX employees commenting and showing support. The alleged harasser apparently got away with it for some time but is no longer with PIX

• 4 weeks later...

This IG post from Alex Lee makes me wonder if we might see her doing traffic on WPIX?

"Today will be my last time on the air with iHeart Media/Total Traffic & Weather Network - the company I have been with since 2014... I will miss being a part of @tmksespn on @987fm_espnnewyork every afternoon, and my mornings with the @abc7ny family, but I will not be going far, and can’t wait to tell you where you can tune in for your daily dose of Alex Lee! More on that soon….."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYFEN5PPgb0/

• Like 1

A friend just posted on Chris Cimino's FB page that he will be doing morning weather on WPIX starting 1/17. Not sure if that will be the entire morning, or just the early morning, or what.

Wishing my good friend Chris Cimino much success on his new meteorology gig at WPIX starting January 17th after a relatively short hiatus from morning TV - tune in for your morning weather update!! I’m looking forward to it!!

On 12/29/2021 at 5:31 PM, IceManNYR said:

This IG post from Alex Lee makes me wonder if we might see her doing traffic on WPIX?

That's actually her stage name. Her real last name is Leberfinger.

Alexandra Leberfinger (Alex Lee) | LinkedIn

And her Linkedin photo is tagged #opentowork, so I guess she was (is?) looking for a job.

• Job titles

Anchor · Reporter · Co Host · Host · On Air Personality

• Job locations (On-site)

New York City Metropolitan Area

• Start date

Immediately, I’m actively applying

• Job types

Full-time · Contract · Part-time

Edited by MisterBill

1 hour ago, MisterBill said:

A friend just posted on Chris Cimino's FB page that he will be doing morning weather on WPIX starting 1/17. Not sure if that will be the entire morning, or just the early morning, or what.

Wishing my good friend Chris Cimino much success on his new meteorology gig at WPIX starting January 17th after a relatively short hiatus from morning TV - tune in for your morning weather update!! I’m looking forward to it!!

That's actually her stage name. Her real last name is Leberfinger.

Alexandra Leberfinger (Alex Lee) | LinkedIn

And her Linkedin photo is tagged #opentowork, so I guess she was (is?) looking for a job.

• Job titles

Anchor · Reporter · Co Host · Host · On Air Personality

• Job locations (On-site)

New York City Metropolitan Area

• Start date

Immediately, I’m actively applying

• Job types

Full-time · Contract · Part-time

Byron has been covering quite often at night for G recently.. I wonder if he’ll move to nights and Chris will get mornings? 

This made me look back at exactly what happened- I feel very bad for Chris since he was with WNBC for more than 24 years. Essentially he was terminated shortly after accidentally dropping the f-bomb during a Today show hit, not realizing he was live on air. WNBC tried to cover it up as if Chris was spending more time with family or something, but Chris spoke out and told the truth after. https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/8/16/when-you-are-called-into-the-gms-office-and-whacked

Really glad PIX is giving him this opportunity. I could see an eventual weekend morning newscast or something added, they definitely have the talent for it. 

Edited by NYNewsCoverage

14 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

Jill posted on IG “I’ll be back filling in on PIX11 News soon.” Makes me wonder if the new permanent traffic reporter is starting this week?

Some clown replied to Jill's FB post today, accusing her of leaving early and not being on the air to report about today's major traffic mess. Jill replied that she has a full-time job and is only doing WPIX as a favor. Interestingly, he accused her of leaving at 8:15, but she said that she leaves at 7:15. Very odd.

Edited by MisterBill

On 1/4/2022 at 8:51 AM, dabx said:

Possible news expansion (late afternoon) or weekends on PIX?

Remember: Pix already has 4, 5, 6pm already.  (You don't need anymore late afternoon than that)

I say possible Saturday/Sunday 6AM-9AM weekend slot which would be good for PIX.  

2 minutes ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

Coming full circle I guess... wonder if this means the 4pm will get canceled?

I believe they just hired a new anchor/reporter.  From the WPIX news director courtesy of Newsblues:  "

Arrianee LeBeau is also joining us as and Anchor/Reporter.  Arrianee joins us from her most recent anchoring job in Arizona.  Local and community news stories are what drive Arrianee and helping people connect is what she is passionate about.    She is very excited to join our team and I know is looking forward to  getting to know you all and the city we represent."  Perhaps she will be on the 4 pm news.

9 hours ago, MisterBill said:

Well, Monday morning should be interesting, with Chris Cimino starting and possibly Vanessa returning, and the snow being forecast. And will we have a new traffic reporter finally?

I think this pretty much answers that now- Alex Lee will be the new traffic anchor. My guess is she starts Monday with Chris and Vanessa.

https://pix11.com/author/alex-lee/