WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

3 hours ago, NYNews said:

Why are you taking the cameraman's side and calling her pathetic? He claims the allegations to be false, but as the article suggests, it wasn't just Narmeen reporting his inappropriate behavior, it was multiple staffers.

I'm not taking anyone's side. Sorry if it seems that way 

3 hours ago, dabx said:

Saw something last week that a reporter from News 12 Bronx was joining WPIX. Forgot the name. It seems that Narmeen Choudry replacement was planned way before the announcement.

It's Michelle Ross.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQHde13nOz5/?utm_medium=share_sheet

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2021 at 2:48 PM, dabx said:

Saw something last week that a reporter from News 12 Bronx was joining WPIX. Forgot the name. It seems that Narmeen Choudry replacement was planned way before the announcement.

They probably always have someone they're looking at as a replacement if a spot opens up, no?

Comcast wants the FCC to issue a ruling that Nexstar should be attributed ownership of WPIX New York , which would make it in violation of the commission's 39% cap on broadcast national audience reach. The cable operator claims Nexstar’s divestiture of the station to meet FCC requirements in its acquisition of Tribune was a “sham.””

https://www.cablefax.com/programming/new-feud-comcast-says-nexstar-violates-audience-cap-tribune-order

• Like 1

10 hours ago, noggi said:

Comcast wants the FCC to issue a ruling that Nexstar should be attributed ownership of WPIX New York , which would make it in violation of the commission's 39% cap on broadcast national audience reach. The cable operator claims Nexstar’s divestiture of the station to meet FCC requirements in its acquisition of Tribune was a “sham.””

https://www.cablefax.com/programming/new-feud-comcast-says-nexstar-violates-audience-cap-tribune-order

Yes! Please call a spade a spade. This LMA operation sidecar bullsh*t must end.

Here is the link to the Comcast petition, which I found in this article on TVTechnology:

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/10702278919219/2021.07.01 AS-FILED PUBLIC WPIX Petition for Declaratory Ruling.pdf

The TVTechnology article is at:  https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/comcast-tells-fcc-that-nextstar-is-violating-ownership-cap

Edited by PIXfan
  • Like 1

This has been a total sham.  There is no mention that the station is owned by "Mission" broadcasting anywhere on their broadcasts or website - except in the about us section.  Everything is Nexstar.  The President/GM is a Nexstar employee.  If it wasn't to stay under the caps, Mission Broadcasting would not even exist.

• Like 1

Wow! I can't believe I am agreeing with Comcast. What I hope happens, if Comcast wins, companies such as Nexstar, Sinclair, and Scripps have to let go of their secondary "partners". (Mission, Cunningham, and Inyo)

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 7:53 PM, Requiere said:

Wow! I can't believe I am agreeing with Comcast. What I hope happens, if Comcast wins, companies such as Nexstar, Sinclair, and Scripps have to let go of their secondary "partners". (Mission, Cunningham, and Inyo)

Mission is mentioned (along with Nexstar) on paid advertising blocks

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, dabx said:

WPIX is starting a 4pm newscast - no mention who the anchors are

Hopefully Kala Rama and John Muller get paired if a 4pm newscast happens. If it does, I know that it will be temporary as the 6:30pm newscast in 2016 with Kaity Tong and Brenda Blackmon only lasting 8 months. PIX has gone downhill in the past few years as they added their morning newscast all the way until 11am when no other local station has that kind of time slot. But hey, at least theiy fired Suki. 

Hmm interesting. I would think if they wanted to start a 4pm newscast, their 5pm ratings would be halfway decent? It would be great if Kala and Craig were named anchors, and perhaps given the 4 and 6pm then? Craig seems to still fill in quite a bit, Kala not as much, with Shirley Chan being the main fill in anchor (who I also wouldn't mind as an anchor candidate). To me it would be total overkill to have Tamsen and Kori anchor 2 1/2 hours straight of news, but then again the morning anchors do it. To think out of the box, Kirstin Cole would be another candidate who fills in a lot on the mornings (although she is better suited for mornings).

• Like 1