WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

At the end of this mornings "Morning News", Kala Rama announced that there was a 99% chance that today will be her last day, because for those who don't know, she's pregnant.

With Betty out on maternity leave as well, the question becomes "who will occupy the seat"? Logic says Craig Treadway, but the days of 2 male anchors are history.

Maybe loan Kaity from weekends?

Maybe loan Kaity from weekends?

Is Kaity back? I know she was having some serious health issues.. my money says Jill Nicollini or Kirsten Cole.. I also remeber a few years back when Chris Burros was there they had him and John Muller anchor a few times together. But it'll most likely be one of the women.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

At the end of this mornings "Morning News", Kala Rama announced that there was a 99% chance that today will be her last day, because for those who don't know, she's pregnant.

With Betty out on maternity leave as well, the question becomes "who will occupy the seat"? Logic says Craig Treadway, but the days of 2 male anchors are history.

Betty will probably be back Monday so likely she'll fill in for Kala from 4:30-6 in addition to her normal 6-9 schedule. Pretty much what Kala did when Betty was out did her normal 4:30-6 then filled in for Betty from 6-9.

John Muller is off the 10PM weeknight PIX11 News at Ten. Corey Chambers succeeds him. Tamsen Fadal remains as co-anchor. No other changes apparent.

I don't hate Tamsen like everyone else seems to, but...(rhetorically speaking...)

why would they keep her over any of her co-anchors?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Kaity is on now Saturday at 5 pm and no mention of her illness at the start of the show.

As always she looks great...

At the 5:11 mark she explained what happened and gave a ton of thanks ..

Edited by jwertheim
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...