WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Marissa Torres (yes, the Traffic Girl and anchoring is in her resume) anchored the PIX News @ 5 on Saturday 5/27. Presumably she did the 10 PM as well.

I'm Happy Scott is going back to sports. I like his style of presenting it. I watch the PM news more than the AM news.

• Like 1

I have nothing against Scott but it makes no sense to return him to weeknight sports. It's not that crucial of a role. Yes, he isn't a fit for the morning show so just let him go and eat the contract. Andy is doing just fine in the evenings.

As far as putting Mannarino in the morning anchor chair, that would be a mistake. If anything, they should move Muller to mornings and slot Kory in his place in the evening.

Couldn't agree more especially since,it seems they are taking a harder news approach. However I remember when Muller came back to PIX he said he would never do mornings again

• Like 1

Sounds about right, management (any management, not just PIX) would definitely pull such a stunt - 1) sending someone to cover a big story, Manchester (whether or not they need to be there) - 2) have them come back and then e-mail the staff on what a great job was done (regardless of how well it was done) - 3) then use that Big Story in the announcement for the said promotion (a week,month later) as one of the many excuses for getting the position.

makes perfect sense, may also be a good strategy to get a few lifers that feel they deserved the position lookin' TO LEAVE if they are Tee'd Off enough. Though I would see them re-think the entire strategy knowing what a Huge Failure the Manchester trip turned out to be as far as grabbing viewers in the last days of sweeps. Betty's co-anchor may be short term for the summer with a permanent replacement under Sinclair. Looks like Mannerino shot himself in the foot by taking the Manchester gig, it exposed his low following. You can spend 20 hours a day adding followers by hook or by crook (like Jill Nicoloini used to do - spend her time 24/7 adding followers). When all is said and done - it doesn't matter how many followers you accumulated 2,3,4 years ago - it matters who is watching you NOW. Whatever numbers he had following him were also INFLATED - by the fact that the Tribune 42 Stations employees (not viewers) were following him because they were theoretically sharing the content (though 90+% of the video they probably used was from the CNN footage that first night) it's the same video every station in the NY Area was using for the almost 2 days the Bombing was a story. Dan may be a bigger Pawn than he realizes, though I'm sure Manchester is already on his "Escape Tape".

Mannerino got anchor just the way I said it would happen. Clearly GM Chris Wayland is making alliances with Staff to protect him once Sinclair moves in = job security. Nothing to do with getting the best talent for the job to increase ratings. Just Maintain the Status Quo.

Clearly now - Wayland is like the new face on Star Trek with the Red Shirt that gets beamed down to Planet PIX11 and gets eliminated. They spared Easterly as best they could by bringing him back to Chicago before Sinclair takes over. Meanwhile Wayland needs to get the staff to like him VIA Fear or Kissing Butt - before Sinclair comes in and lets him go

• Like 6

Dan Mannarino to replace Scott Stanford as co-anchor of PIX 11 morning news alongside Betty Nguyen from 6-9am. Kala & Craig will continue to co-anchor 5-6 am Scott moves back to sports. Changes start June 19th.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wpix-anchors-new-morning-show-anchor-lineup/190667

And Betty embodies...... New York's.... Very Own_________.

And Byron Miranda embodies New York's....... Very Own_______......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Here's a first..WPIX is doing a "Facebook Only" newscast right now (at 5) being that the Mets are on TV.. first time I've ever seen a Facebook exclusive entire newscast

I bet the sales manager will have a giant shit-fit when he/she learns they get not one penny from any ad revenue from facebook.

Suckers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...