WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

wow,nobody asked me? what kind of "Journalist" are you? do you know what the First Ammendment is? i can post my opinion where ever I feel like... loser

Well, considering TVnewsTalk is not public property nor does it belong to the United States government, that means that you can't post where ever you feel like it.

And you should really check your spelling. It's A-M-E-N-D-M-E-N-T. 1 M after the A.

Such a horrid speller you are.

I'm a little disappointed that our favorite shark isn't "taking the bait" in this discussion, so to speak.

On a semi-serious note, there is a big difference between lousy anchors, poor story selection, sponsored content & weak visual presentation, and "fake news".

Well, considering TVnewsTalk is not public property nor does it belong to the United States government, that means that you can't post where ever you feel like it.

And you should really check your spelling. It's A-M-E-N-D-M-E-N-T. 1 M after the A.

Such a horrid speller you are.

ah, it is private property

ah, it is private property = but YOU don't make the rules AND supposedly everyone here is in News or a journalist of some type and it's just professional courtesy to extend the first amendment dimwit

But we're not. The vast majority of us on here are interested in the industry, but have no professional connections to it. Remember what you told me about making assumptions?

ah, it is private property = but YOU don't make the rules AND supposedly everyone here is in News or a journalist of some type and it's just professional courtesy to extend the first amendment dimwit

"Professional courtesy" is not legally binding...dimwit

And not everyone here is in news or a journalist. There are many news enthusiasts. Of course, you wouldn't know that because you've only had your account for less than 2 months...

"Professional courtesy" is not legally binding...dimwit

And not everyone here is in news or a journalist. There are many news enthusiasts. Of course, you wouldn't know that because you've only had your account for less than 2 months...

well, i guess that just makes you a hypocrite. Then maybe it makes you a pablum puking liberal that don't let pro-abortion women speak at women"s rallies.

• Like 1

I'm a little disappointed that our favorite shark isn't "taking the bait" in this discussion, so to speak.

The slowest seal has the least flavor...

In the mean time... here is exclusive video of some of my dolphin friends getting high on puffers.

• Like 2

Seriously ...

I don't know a single regular poster here that claims to be in the TV biz...

I see a lot of people with some good working knowledge of the biz here....but nobody dumb enough to admit to being so fucking stupid as to work in TV news.

What kind of dumb ass would do that?

• Like 7

Seriously ...

I don't know a single regular poster here that claims to be in the TV biz...

I see a lot of people with some good working knowledge of the biz here....but nobody dumb enough to admit to being so fucking stupid as to work in TV news.

What kind of dumb ass would do that?

We usually get one of those "entertaining" trolls every once in a while. But this time we got one of those "fake news" crying, CNN trolling, Linda Church-hating, WPIX loathing fella.

Ahh, gotta love the internet and times we live in. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

We usually get one of those "entertaining" trolls every once in a while. But this time we got one of those "fake news" crying, CNN trolling, Linda Church-hating, WPIX loathing fella.

Ahh, gotta love the internet and times we live in. :rolleyes:

uh yeah, i buy that. well - if you're not in the biz that makes you the biggest loser of all- of course you all are in the biz, i only find out about these sites via coworkers moron- Plus the fact you all cut and paste articles from other industry sites which make you extreme losers- especially posting about nonsense into the wee hours of the morning.

uh yeah, i buy that. well - if you're not in the biz that makes you the biggest loser of all- of course you all are in the biz, i only find out about these sites via coworkers moron- Plus the fact you all cut and paste articles from other industry sites which make you extreme losers- especially posting about nonsense into the wee hours of the morning.

Waah Waah Waah.

Yawn. Incoherent rant.

Time for a nap mr. nobody. You're very cranky.

• Like 1

You must have us confused with medialine.com

• 4 weeks later...
Reporter Kristina Behr's last day was today. She's leaving for a FT job (anchor + reporter) within the market. Unknown yet where.

WNBC perhaps? They haven't had a weekend person since Rob left and David and Natalie went to weekdays.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

jeez, i could have sworn Kaitlin Monte has had nothing to do with wpix for the last year, congrats Kaitlin, buh-bye already, maybe Kaitlin should start a twitter so people could comment THERE and not HERE... oh, I see she does. she wasn't even at wpix long enough to leave a footprint (not that ANYBODY at WPIX for 30 years even leaves a Footprint).

Anywho getting back to real discussion.. I guess nobody has any interest in why Tribune would pull the plug on their National News Site based in NYC just days before the debut of their big PR blitz. 18 layoffs for people just hired away from NY Daily News etc. just months ago.

Marvin Scott?

Ha, like anybody outside of the NYC news biz would be able to name Marvin Scott if shown his photo. NO legends in Local news anymore, you have to go way back for name recognition. Even when feature reporter Morry Alter left Ch2, that local legend was forgotten the next day and that was like 12 years ago. Anybody that thinks they are legends are legends in their own mind Inside the small circle of the NY News Biz - trying to convince themselves local news is alive and well.

Though there are some people left in certain neighborhoods that have their favorites still, for whatever reason - the anchor or reporter is from there or they are the same nationality etc...