WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Or they could rebrand like WGN and say "this is New York's very own...PIX11 News at 5" or something like that. I honestly feel like they need to get rid of that train opening anyways and move to a slightly more serious opening and graphics package. Something simple like they had back pre-2010 would be nice.

That's exactly what I was thinking they'd do- "New York's Very Own" is the slogan. I expect it'll be implemented around the station's community programs and events, things like that.

• Like 1

Has there ever been a time a PIX11 Newscast had an encore? The PIX tv schedule can be so erratic with its changes.

If you're taking about since the station has been known as PIX11, no. If you're talking about in the entire history of WPIX, yes. The station used to rerun the 10pm newscast starting sometime in the 90s up until around the time the morning news debuted in 2000.

That's exactly what I was thinking they'd do- "New York's Very Own" is the slogan. I expect it'll be implemented around the station's community programs and events, things like that.

About Your watching New York's very own pix1.Now the pix news at 6

• Like 1

If anybody watched PIX this morning, they brought in Weather Channel meteorologist Bonnie Schneider to cover the storm, along with Lisa Mateo. Hopefully they hire someone soon; I bet they wish they never let Chris Knowles go.

Ya, Chris Knowles

Ya, Chris Knowles, that's a good one. He has the personality of a brick. Love how these people posting love to rehash former reporters back into the lineup. You all sound like your the person themselves posting under their Alias or you are their agent or their mother. Because what places like PIX need to do is just fire everybody and start from scratch. That's just an odd thing to mention, former reporters who had to move on - as if Chris Knowles was going to wait the last several years in the shadows waiting for Linda Church to leave... ??? Really?

lol here we go. Just cause you suggest someone to come back doesn't mean you are them, related to them or know them. Chris was a perfect fit for the morning show and got along with everyone on any show years back when he was on. I would like to see him get that spot too. The people they have aren't the worst they just aren't on in the right spots, some of them do have a following and getting rid of everyone is a big risk and usually doesnt work.

• Like 5

lol here we go. Just cause you suggest someone to come back doesn't mean you are them, related to them or know them. Chris was a perfect fit for the morning show and got along with everyone on any show years back when he was on. I would like to see him get that spot too. The people they have aren't the worst they just aren't on in the right spots, some of them do have a following and getting rid of everyone is a big risk and usually doesnt work.

Ha

If anybody watched PIX this morning, they brought in Weather Channel meteorologist Bonnie Schneider to cover the storm, along with Lisa Mateo. Hopefully they hire someone soon; I bet they wish they never let Chris Knowles go.

I think that might be the same Bonnie Schneider who worked at WLVI on the weekends around 2003-ish. Ironic now that she's at their ex-sister station (around the time she was there, WLVI's news graphics were based of WPIX's).

I think that might be the same Bonnie Schneider who worked at WLVI on the weekends around 2003-ish. Ironic now that she's at their ex-sister station (around the time she was there, WLVI's news graphics were based of WPIX's).

Yeah

Yeah, there's something called WIKI you may want to try, welcome to the world of 2017 and good luck in your news career, try to stay away from the investigative stuff - you may want a career in reading words off a Telepromp

I actually don't want to be on-camera, I'd rather work behind the scenes, technical stuff.

Ha, they all suck - and you notice the bulk of them stay there because they can't go anywhere else or they've already been everywhere else and have to settle for that sad ass station that has no viewers. Which reminds me - all those Nyc stations have plummeting viewership and probably why nobody ever posts a detailed report of the Sweeps period - they are all ashamed of dropping to the level that PIX was at a few years ago. Who cares who is in 1st or 4th place - when they are all in a .5 range or so of each other. The last I saw about ratings is about 10 full points below of what they were just 10 years ago - how they stay in business God only knows. Though the PIX 11 staff have their job security because of the ethical and other violations they break - which is apparently why Church left. That will all come out in the wash after the door hits Ligouri's ass on the way out

New

Uh, that wouldn't be a reply - that would be an update.

Don't be the anal guy that points out spelling errors and unimportant issues related to the posts

Take it easy guy. No need to get worked up for nothing.

P.S.: You should get your sodium levels checked since you seem to be extra salty.

• Like 1

you're even worse 2,300 messages in 10 years, on this godforsaken site.. oy

Wow, you really are some piece of work if you have to go and search through someone's profile to try and stir shit up.

Second, NOBODY asked you to be here, to post here, to give your opinions- YOU chose to be here. So turn off your computer little boy, and slither back into obscurity, because NOBODY cares about what you have to say.

• Like 5