WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Fox replaced news on co-owned WWOR with the Chasing News experiment that never dies. That way they don't have internal competition for the Ten O'Clock News.

They also happened to do that right after Sen. Frank Lautenberg died after he had been the thorn in Fox's side regarding license renewal. Who knows what happens next, especially as there has been a leadership change at the top of the O&O's with Jack Abernethy moving to FNC.

why the hell are they keeping tamsen fadal and get rid of suki too

It's clear that Amy Waldman really likes them. The next step is to get rid of her and then maybe, just maybe Tamsen and Suki won't be so comfortable in their spots. It's amazing how much they hyped up the 6:30 news as the next best thing and then canceled it. Don't understand why they would demote Kaity again, especially considering that so many people were so happy to see her on weekdays again. I said before about her soloing the 6pm, but even if she just did the 10pm I think it could really boost their image, especially with promos and stuff.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Seems like they're using a live skyline backdrop now as opposed to 42nd street.. looks much better.,

Yeah...Only took them a year and a half to get it right. First they used that godawful CGI, then 42nd street, now the skyline. I don't understand why they didn't just use the skyline shot when they got their new set last year, considering they used the skyline on the old one.

Yeah...Only took them a year and a half to get it right. First they used that godawful CGI, then 42nd street, now the skyline. I don't understand why they didn't just use the skyline shot when they got their new set last year, considering they used the skyline on the old one.

It's PIX lol. God only knows next week they'll probably have a shot of the newsroom or something

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The changes to the background shot are like deja vu - the Morning News has switched to the same mid-level skyline view that they abandoned 42nd Street for a few years ago.

Back then they eventually settled on the really nice shot down Manhattan that they used up until they updated the studio. I wonder if they're avoiding that now because it's too similar to WNBC and WCBS.

Still, I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth - the new skyline view is a vast improvement. Maybe they realised that KTLA looks so much better than they do.

Whats with pix 11 doing tours around the tri-state first doing the morning show from the Barclay's center to doing a broadcast outside the Newport PATH station and to doing the broadcast from the Occlus (WTC station) a desperate ploy to get you to watch them or what?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I find it interesting that they brought in Tamsen and Kori to anchor tonight at 5 and 10.. because of the immigration ban.. I know it's a big story but still surprised to see the weekday team on a Sunday night.. on a side note.. is it me or does it seem like John Muller gets an exceptional amount of vacation time?

slight update according to screener starting tonight (2/7):

1am PIX11 News at ten repeat NEW

2am Last man standing RR (from 1am)

3am Celebrity name game RR

3:30 Rules of Engagement RR

4am Crime Watch Daily RR (from 2am, replaces 'rules' + 'the honeymooners')

Has there ever been a time a PIX11 Newscast had an encore? The PIX tv schedule can be so erratic with its changes.

So how do you think they will rebrand their news? Will they call it "New York's Very Own News at 5?" or Will they still keep the PIX11 Moniker?

Likely just a slogan, like the sister stations.

I would think so too.

At first glance, I thought the article makes it sound like the station is changing it's name to "New York's Very Own" instead of it's slogan.

IMO, naming the station and it's news brand that would be stupid and/or a mouthful.

• Like 1

Or they could rebrand like WGN and say "this is New York's very own...PIX11 News at 5" or something like that. I honestly feel like they need to get rid of that train opening anyways and move to a slightly more serious opening and graphics package. Something simple like they had back pre-2010 would be nice.

• Like 6