WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

What's the new PIX line up? I hope Suki and Tamsen are gone

Unfortunately they are like the only two who are unchanged yet again.

Morning 5-6 am: Craig Treadway and Kala Rama, Linda Church and Kaitlin Monte

Morning 6-9am: Suki and Scott Stanford, Linda Church and Kaitlin Monte

5-6:30 pm- Tamsen and John, Mr. G, and Andy Adler w/ sports

6:30-7pm-Kaity and Brenda, Mr. G and Andy Adler w/ sports

10pm-Tamsen, John, Mr. G, Andy Adler

Weekends 5 and 10pm- Kori Chambers, Craig Allen, and Dyrol Joyner w/ sports

Anthony DiLorenzo was in for Craig this morning with Kala Rama (husband and wife) Kala posted a picture on Instagram yesterday saying the last time a husband and wife anchored was Joe and Pat Harper back in the 70s.. Has this happened on any other NYC station besides PIX?

• Like 1

They did not even go a full week with the new anchor teams. Scott is off Thursday and Friday with Anthony DiLorenzo subbing for him Thursday.

More than likely all planned vacations or personal days.. This all happened with a few days notice

I must admit I didn't think I'd like Kori Chambers solo but he's not too bad.. He's actually pretty good.. The team tonight was Kori, Marissa Torres with weather and Joe Mauceri with sports. They all seemed good together and Kori could talk with out being interrupted.. He was in for John at 10 on Friday and him and Tamsen were also good together.. I will say it again Kori was NOT the problem on the morning show..

I see that the live feed of 42nd Street has reared its ugly head again as the backdrop.

I can't understand why they love that shot so much when there are so many better views of New York they could use. Every other station has a shot of the world-famous skyline while PIX has... a nondescript intersection.

A very pedestrian backdrop - literally!

• Like 1

I see that the live feed of 42nd Street has reared its ugly head again as the backdrop.

I can't understand why they love that shot so much when there are so many better views of New York they could use. Every other station has a shot of the world-famous skyline while PIX has... a nondescript intersection.

Product placement?

• 2 weeks later...

If they promote from within, I think most of us can agree that Kirstin Cole or Lisa Mateo should get the spot. Not sure about male anchor though. Or maybe Kirstin and Lisa should anchor together, like CBS 2 did with Diane and Andrea. Since this is only from TunedIn, I won't assume this is true until Tvspy or PIX itself reports it.

Second time they're trying to do this. First time was this from 6:00-9:00am and a midday newscast, but those plans were shelved.

We'll see if this one goes through because I don't believe in it yet.

If they promote from within, I think most of us can agree that Kirstin Cole or Lisa Mateo should get the spot. Not sure about male anchor though. Or maybe Kirstin and Lisa should anchor together, like CBS 2 did with Diane and Andrea. Since this is only from TunedIn, I won't assume this is true until Tvspy or PIX itself reports it.

Kirsten Cole should be a shoe-in that spot or alternatively should have her co-anchor with Kori on weekend evenings. As for the male, I see Jay Dow or Dan Mannarino co-anchoring the weekend mornings. Narmeen Choudhury should also be in the mix for either weekend evenings or mornings.

The camera shot looked awful when the sun hit the dirty window.

1736332533_Video147.thumb.jpeg.0910a2b8f53e7acba8bf97161beb23e3.jpeg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Well, that was fast! I was rooting for Rich Graziano to turn Channel 11 around. As for Greg Easterly, I hope he gets the PIX job full time, as I strongly believe that the next GM should come from WGN or KTLA.

I have to say Greg Easterly seems like a well-known GM as he has worked at WGN before (a real winning station), so if he took the PIX job full time, I think he'd do a great job. If the 6:30 newscast doesn't work out (I have this hunch that it may get cancelled just as the old 6:30 did back in 2009), Kaity and Brenda should get expanded roles at the station. We need less Tamsen and Suki, and more Kaity, Brenda, Lisa, Kirstin, and Kala.

I have to say Greg Easterly seems like a well-known GM as he has worked at WGN before (a real winning station), so if he took the PIX job full time, I think he'd do a great job. If the 6:30 newscast doesn't work out (I have this hunch that it may get cancelled just as the old 6:30 did back in 2009), Kaity and Brenda should get expanded roles at the station. We need less Tamsen and Suki, and more Kaity, Brenda, Lisa, Kirstin, and Kala.

Greg Easterly had a long and very successful tenure as GM for WJW "Fox 8" Cleveland. PIX is getting a very good leader.

• Like 1

If the 6:30 gets cancelled Brenda and Kaity should get the 5:00.. Tamsen and John at 6:00 (in a traditional format) and John and Kaity at 10.

Less of Tamsen and more of Brenda and Kaity, please. If WPIX wants to be good again, put Brenda and Kaity in the spotlight. If it was me, it would be this:

Tamsen and John at 5:00/5:30pm

Brenda and Kaity at 6:00/6:30pm

Kaity/Brenda and John at 10:00pm

• 3 weeks later...