WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Ugggh....Not again... Sorry but if this is true..Not feeling these changes...

http://tunedinnyc.com/2016/04/13/big-changes-at-wpix-chambers-to-weekends-stanford-back-to-news/

Hmm.. I'm assuming this will happen before May sweeps? I saw the Dan Mannarino thing earlier on fb. However I'll believe the rest of it when someone else reports it I really don't go by what TunedIn says anymore

Ugggh....Not again... Sorry but if this is true..Not feeling these changes...

http://tunedinnyc.com/2016/04/13/big-changes-at-wpix-chambers-to-weekends-stanford-back-to-news/

Some additional changes I think they should make:

-scrap the sports desk show within a show. Just do straight sports.

-have Kirsten Cole co-anchor with Kori on weekends, with Joe Mauceri on sports

-start weekend mornings, with Jay Dow or Dan Mannarino co-anchoring with Narmeen Choudhury and Joe Cioffi on weather

Hmm.. I'm assuming this will happen before May sweeps? I saw the Dan Mannarino thing earlier on fb. However I'll believe the rest of it when someone else reports it I really don't go by what TunedIn says anymore

Craig treadway confirmed his shift on Twitter so I believe this time it's true. I'm glad they realized that chambers and Krishnan didn't have chemistry however.

Craig treadway confirmed his shift on Twitter so I believe this time it's true. I'm glad they realized that chambers and Krishnan didn't have chemistry however.

I agree but if she's been paired with like 4 or 5 people since she started maybe..just maybe she's the problem? I do think this will work Scott has a very light personality and seems to work well with the team.. I wonder they mean by "revamped lead in"?

I agree but if she's been paired with like 4 or 5 people since she started maybe..just maybe she's the problem? I do think this will work Scott has a very light personality and seems to work well with the team.. I wonder they mean by "revamped lead in"?

Perhaps they're going back to the old system where the first two hours (with different hosts) are more newsy while the rest is more fluffy?

• Like 4

Perhaps they're going back to the old system where the first two hours (with different hosts) are more newsy while the rest is more fluffy?

Kala Rama & Craig Treadway will anchor from 5-6am and report from 6-9am. Sukanya Krishnan & Scott Sanford will anchor from 6-9am.

Kala Rama & Craig Treadway will anchor from 5-6am and report from 6-9am. Sukanya Krishnan & Scott Sanford will anchor from 6-9am.

My post was more of an answer as nynewslover's question of what was meant by a "revamped lead in"? What I was saying is the first part with the first set of anchors might be more newsy while the second part with the second set of anchors might be more fluffy.

• Like 1

My post was more of an answer as nynewslover's question of what was meant by a "revamped lead in"? What I was saying is the first part with the first set of anchors might be more newsy while the second part with the second set of anchors might be more fluffy.

Oh I'm not so sure perhaps they changed it to keep Kala & Craig on the anchor desk so they decided to revamp the morning news (again).

While I think Suki is okay, perhaps it is time for change there too. I will say though, that Kori seems so dry that I don't think he would have been any better with a different co-anchor.

This show was in it's heyday when Craig Treadway & Tiffany McElroy anchored 5am-7am, and John Muller and Lynne White anchored 7am-9am, with Linda Church on weather, Emily Frances on entertainment, Larry Hoff on features, Jill Nicolini (and before Marysol Castro) in Air11. Once Lynne left, it was the beginning of the downward spiral.

Their current graphics package sucks. The blue and orange don't really scream news, and the graphics are too bulky. Tamsen needs to go at 10. Bring in a Jackie Hyland or Cathy Hobbs or even Jodi Applegate to anchor at night if they don't want to revert to Kaity.

Oh I'm not so sure perhaps they changed it to keep Kala & Craig on the anchor desk so they decided to revamp the morning news (again).

nynewslover knew that Kala and Craig were gonna anchor the first part. He was asking what the linked article meant by a "revamped lead-in". Nothing to do with the anchor pairings!

• Like 1

nynewslover knew that Kala and Craig were gonna anchor the first part. He was asking what the linked article meant by a "revamped lead-in". Nothing to do with the anchor pairings!

And I was saying perhaps it was a way to keep Kala & Craig on the anchor desk sheesh. As for revamped lead in perhaps it will be the stories from overnight?

And I was saying perhaps it was a way to keep Kala & Craig on the anchor desk sheesh. As for revamped lead in perhaps it will be the stories from overnight?

Sheesh? SMH is more like it. Your reply to my post mentioned the anchor change whereas my post that you quoted was referring to format.

EDIT: Not interested in the back and forth. :eek::oops::confused:o_O:rolleyes: Hence why I am just adding on here. That way you still get the last word below and you remain satisfied.:smash:

Although Suki may very well be a big factor of their low ratings, ratings were high during her early regime, with John Muller, at least from what I remember. I believe they were even beating WNYW at a time (before Rosanna and Greg established chemistry and credibility.) Scott is well liked, and has a fun personality, and has worked with Suki before, so I don't think this is a bad experiment. However, if a year from now, and the ratings are still low, if Suki isn't shown the door or demoted I don't know what to say.

Craig and Kala are really good on the weekends, and they're a pretty solid hard news anchor team. However, they are both adapted to mornings in the past, so they'll probably enjoy the change back.

As for the Kori Chambers thing, I don't see that working out. I don't think he'll be good solo, and is honestly "Ok" as an anchor. I'm one of the few who tuned in nightly on the weekends to watch Kala and Craig, and formerly Kaity (since they were a really good team in my honest opinion), Kori Chambers just isn't going to do it for me. I think he should get a co-anchor; I was going to say Lisa Mateo, but I think she enjoys doing entertainment fluffy stories in the morning. I think Kirstin Cole might work out, however if they wanted to try that. Even newbie reporter Shirley Chan used to anchor in CT, so if they wanted to give the weekend gig to her I don't see why not.

As far as weeknights are concerned, Brenda and Kaity need expanded roles. Tamsen and John have too much airtime, what WABC does seems to work (mashing up their evening anchors). Tamsen and John should stay at 5pm, because that pulls in good numbers. I think at 6pm for the hour we should have Kaity and Brenda, and at 10pm Kaity and John. They can make always Tamsen a featured in-studio reporter for the 10:00 too. If the 6:30 show doesn't work out and pull in numbers, then maybe they should scrap that and invest those resources in a weekend morning newscast or midday newscast.

As far as sports is considered, I really feel like the whole PIX11 sports desk thing was created specifically for Scott. Now that Andy will basically be taking charge of that department, they maybe should think about just doing regular sports; or revert back to just having the Sports Desk on Friday nights. I guess that means either Dyrol Joyner or Joe Mauceri will take over the weekend sports. One thing is for sure- Scott's sure going to miss messing with G every night!

• Like 2

seriously?! this is a stupid change the weekend team just stepped onto the rug and just got the rug pulled out from under them, hell why isn't Suki and Kori being the ones fired, I would have gone with youth in the am, Kirstin Cole and a young male anchor, i would fire Tamsen, i would give Kaity and Brenda an hour at 6 pm hire a new female for 5 pm and contribute reports to the later newscasts, Kaity will be rightfully restored to the 10 pm show and Brenda is the contributing anchor at 10. i would keep sports the way they are

• Like 1