WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

I found this really interesting interview with Kaity Tong from the Joan Hamburg show. In the interview, Kaity talked about her new 6:30pm show, saying it's going to be straight news (not really entertainment, not viral videos) and very localized with emphasis on the entire area. Maybe it will be like the old 6:30pm show, which I remember was VERY hard news, almost with too much urgency. I also found it interesting how they talked about the news women that wear sleeveless dresses, and the hot young anchors that are put on the air despite their unprofessionalism (almost like Tamsen in a way).

Here's the interview:

[MEDIA=audioboom]4037115[/MEDIA]

I really hope this newscast succeeds. Kaity and Brenda are going to make a great team. I'm happy to hear it will be hard news and not entertainment and fluff. It's too bad they don't have a more suitable anchor with John at 5 and 6 (if Jodi stayed it would've been good) if Tamsen were to be let go or leave I'd like to see either Lisa Mateo orKirsten Cole be promoted

I really hope this newscast succeeds. Kaity and Brenda are going to make a great team. I'm happy to hear it will be hard news and not entertainment and fluff. It's too bad they don't have a more suitable anchor with John at 5 and 6 (if Jodi stayed it would've been good) if Tamsen were to be let go or leave I'd like to see either Lisa Mateo orKirsten Cole be promoted

I totally agree with what you said about Jodi. Sure she was trashed upon at first since she replaced the legendary Kaity Tong and Jim Watkins, but her delivery was much better than Tamsen. Honestly I wasn't a huge fan of Jodi's delivery during the old PIX news at 10 but I think that was only because she was told to present the story in a certain way. IMO, If Jodi were to come back, PIX's ratings would get a boost.

On a side note, I've been thinking, what if WPIX created a syndicated entertainment/talk show? I mean, they have Tamsen, Suki, and Oji for starters. Sure, Tamsen is not a great anchor, but she would be an outstanding entertainment show host in my opinion. They could have a lot of different guests talking about the latest celeb news and viral videos and trends. Tamsen is a good host, but she is miscast as a nightly news anchor.

Also Kala Rama started today at PIX. I believe her first day is tomorrow on the anchor desk. Based on what I've seen of her, I like her delivery. I think she'll make for a pretty good anchor alongside Craig Treadway.

• Like 1

I know this is not going to happen but I'd like to see Craig Allen do weather on weekday evenings. I think he'd be great with Kaity and Brenda. As for the syndicated talk show I think they could put that on at 9:00 and have it compete with GDNY.. WHich Greg and Rosanna are the best however I am tired of hearing about some different hip hop

Artist every morning

I saw a clip of this mornings news online and realized they were showing a live shot of 42nd street as the backdrop. I know they did it during the storm too. Hope it's permanent cause it's 1,000,000,000,000x better than the normal background

They still use that godawful generic backdrop at night though. Hope they change that too. The one they first used when they debuted the set wasn't bad, not sure why they had to change it.

[MEDIA=dailymotion]x2s6m77[/MEDIA]

This live camera is my favorite, though. Looks so professional.

wpix-world-cup-coverage-7-10-15-2.png?w=300&h=169

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has brought this up here but WPIX has a heritage tribute Facebook page called WPIX Archives. It showcases vintage WPIX news footage, ads, promos, and also vintage ads for long time or defunct NYC businesses. I wish other stations would embrace their history the way WPIX has on this page.

https://www.facebook.com/wpixarchives/

• Like 2

I don't know if anyone has brought this up here but WPIX has a heritage tribute Facebook page called WPIX Archives. It showcases vintage WPIX news footage, ads, promos, and also vintage ads for long time or defunct NYC businesses. I wish other stations would embrace their history the way WPIX has on this page.

https://www.facebook.com/wpixarchives/

I think it has and I love that page. I've been watching a lot of their videos and as someone who likes some things old-fashioned, I really like this! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

FROM CHRIS KNOWLES FACEBOOK:

So a little jarring news, and I'm sorry that it's Facebook. I wanted to let my friends know I am having surgery tomorrow morning. I have a brain tumor that has affected my vision. And it needs to come out right away, they say. My sight should return to nearly normal if it all works out. And I believe it will. Mom came up to stay with me. It's all going down at NY Presbyterian. I'm not a huge sharer of serious items here. But I know many of you pray and your prayers would be very much welcomed. Thanks and I will see you soon. - CK.

• 4 weeks later...
I wish I was in charge of PIX 11 I would dump John Muller and Tamsen Fadel the hell out of there they are the worst

i partally agree john is ok but would rather he be back in the mornings i would fire tamsen and suki tamsen has no credibility writing relationship and sex self help books then telling the news heck i would bring back jim watkins if i could