WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

I'd like to see

5pm: Tamsen & John

6pm (hour): Kaity & Brenda

10pm: Kaity & John

That's what I thought of too except if Jim Watkins came back, then I'd have Jim and Kaity and reunite the crew back together at 10pm.

That's interesting. Just read this tweet, which PIX11 liked:

.@PIX11 has named Chris Knowles as Executive Producer of mid-day and new 6:30pm newscast

Maybe they're starting a new midday newscast too that they haven't announced yet?

Midday? Didn't get the memo on that.

That's what I thought of too except if Jim Watkins came back, then I'd have Jim and Kaity and reunite the crew back together at 10pm.

Yeah, and maybe Sal can come back to doing Sports, John back to mornings with Lynne White, along with Tiffany McElroy and Craig on the early morning shift. I wonder if Mary Murphy or Jackie Hyland can anchor with Peter Thorne on the weekends too!!!

Seriously guys, give it up. It doesn't look like Jim's coming back, or that Kaity is getting the 10pm back.

• Like 1

It was hinted at well over a year ago, but I think that priority left with the last regime. I think the plan was going to be something at 11am, and that would be smart considering noon is already a little crowded.

I believe WNYW had a 11:00am broadcast until they expanded "Good Day" a few years back. I think it's a good idea considering they would be the only local news at 11. Perhaps this could be a pathway to success for PIX 11, going on the air with local news while other channels are on their network's feed.

Marvin Scott anchoring a regular newscast tonight (with Narmeen Choudhury) for the first time in....I don't remember.

Same at the 10 pm newscast hell i dont know when he anchored one i would say he anchored back when jack cafferty roamed the halls of channel 11

Forgive me if this has already been discussed but why does PIX 11 need to have a separate team at 6:30 pm than from their 6 pm? I do get that they're promoting this as an alternative to the network news but I've never been a big fan of having a separate team at the half hour. I'm not a fan of what WNBC does in the 5 pm hour with a new team at 5:30.

• Like 1

It probably was IIRC, but why not pair Ushery and Russell for the 5 and then bring on Chuck and Vargas for the 6?

Or if they want to give Chuck and Vargas more time give them the entire 5pm and give the 6pm to Ushery/Russell. Anyway, this may all change if the rumored 4pm comes to fruition.

• Like 1

Anyway, this may all change if the rumored 4pm comes to fruition.

Not to go back to the conversation but a WNBC 4pm newscast would be a blessing for WABC. Ellen is a tough competitor and is keeping WABC #3 in the time slot (though First @ 4 still rates better than all the other station's 5pm newscasts). WABC would easily bump to #2 if this happens, even if WNBC had an Ellen lead-in.

Or if they want to give Chuck and Vargas more time give them the entire 5pm and give the 6pm to Ushery/Russell. Anyway, this may all change if the rumored 4pm comes to fruition.

If the 4 pm newscast actually does happen I see Chuck & Sibila anchoring at 4, 6 & 11 that's 95 minutes of air time. Besides don't think they want to move Chuck & Sibila off the 6 pm. Shiba and David more then likely would get the entire 5 pm hour.

If the 4 pm newscast actually does happen I see Chuck & Sibila anchoring at 4, 6 & 11 that's 95 minutes of air time. Besides don't think they want to move Chuck & Sibila off the 6 pm. Shiba and David more then likely would get the entire 5 pm hour.

Agreed this seems more likely (actually 125 minutes). The only other plausible scenario is the morning team picks up midday, and David/Shiba at 4/6 and Chuck/Sibila at 5/11. There are also rumblings that a panel show may replace Meredith.

According to the TV listings it looks like a lot of the schedule is being revamped once the 6:30 starts:

5a-PIX 11 morning news

9a/930a-Celebrity name game

10a-Maury

11a-Jerry Springer

12p-Jerry Springer

1p-Bill Cunningham show

2p-Crime watch daily

3p-Steve Wilkos

4p-Maury

5p-PIX 11 news at 5

6p-PIX 11 news at 6

630p-PIX 11 news at 6:30

7p-Friends

730p-Seinfeld

8p-the CW

10p-PIX 11 news at 10

11p-Seinfeld

1130p/12a-Two and a Half Men

1230a-Friends

1a/130a-Everybody Loves Raymond

2a-Crime watch daily

3a-America's Court

330a-Rules of Engagement

4a-Good Times

430a-The Jeffersons

• Like 1

WPIX's ratings at 6:30pm will sky rocket once the other local stations go national. This pairing is gonna be a slam dunk for WPIX and its viewers.

Other posters have noted that PIX has tried a 6:30 newscast before and it failed. I understand the appeal of having a local newscast during the network time (we have that down here in DC with WRC with them having Nightly News at 7) but what makes you so sure this will be a big hit with the ratings?

• Like 5