WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

So now that the yankees game has went OVERTIME so what happens to the PIX 11 news at 10 what will it be the pix 11 at 3 am? lol

They should prolly record a ten minute update and end it from there. Who'll be live on set producing a newscast late at night?

Are they going to air any west coast games this season? If they do, this type of schedule won't be too rare.

This comes from a regular viewer of the 'WGN News at Nine at Midnight'.

It was more of a "conversation" like newscast than a traditional newscast. Tamsen and John talked about many of the stories more than at 5 or 10pm.

I liked it.. Could see it succeeding if they play it right.. I think it'll be even better with Scott in the studio..

I liked it.. Could see it succeeding if they play it right.. I think it'll be even better with Scott in the studio..

Yeah Scott did a pre-recorded segment today (he prerecords his 5pm segments at least once a week I notice). I think he now works on the RAW pre-show on WWE in addition to his sports duties at PIX. Overall I think it's a nice change of pace from the 5pm. It's better than Ernie's "positive" newscast on FOX 5 IMHO.

I like that they they now have a still background at 10pm.. That one that was continuously moving was kind of annoying

Don't get me wrong - as backdrops go, it's a million times better than the view of 42nd Street. But the static image they've gone for seems a bit messy, and just looks like a generic cityscape. They could have at least picked one of the shots from the animated version with a good view of the Empire State Building.

Saw the 6pm newscast for the first time yesterday. I like it - very lively, and a good alternative to the established 6pm newscasts on the other stations. But still feels like a proper newscast, unlike WNYW's offering.

I think they did well to create a set that's big enough for the background to work with the anchors standing by the screen or sitting at the desk. Much more versatile than any of the other New York stations.

Was listening to 1010 Wins tonight and heard Mr. G come on and do one of his "G thing" segments- I guess PIX11 sells G's packages out for other stations to syndicate them? Just thought it was weird hearing Mr. G on a radio station that he's not on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today is the 15th anniversary of the PIX Morning News, Suki has a ton of pictures on facbook showing them through the years.. Also if you go to pix11.com and click on the "Morning" section you can see the first few minutes of the first broadcast.. Damn that show has changed a lot.